View Poll Results: Should Obama be impeached?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 25.24%
  • No

    77 74.76%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 239

Thread: Should Obama be impeached?

  1. #171
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Yet you'll never get a SPECIFIC amswer on an issue/subissue from so many of them.
    They even swing and miss at a softball like Keystone XL .
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Absolutely. Nothing will destroy the GOP more than that sort of bitter over the top effort to help emasculate government. Please get this going ASAP.
    Physics is Phun

  2. #172
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    I could see Sanders and Manchin voting against BHO.
    However, Kirk from IL would sustain, looking ahead at his 2016 reelection.
    No word on him yet after his stroke.
    There are plenty of young guns like my REP who would be ready .
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it would be a waste of time since the Democrats control the senate
    Physics is Phun

  3. #173
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Until you have walked in my shoes my left wing friend don't criticize me...You have no clue what I have gone through in my life......Nobody ever gave me anything and any person is this country can make it but when your daddy Obama gives them all the giveaways there is no incentive for people to work...People like you love to give money away as long its not yours. The rest of your comments are not worth responding to.
    But that's just the point. You haven't walked in the shoes of the millions of Americans who never had it as good as you did, yet you condemn them.

    Plus, I love the regurgitated talking points. "No one ever gave me anything", "safety nets remove the incentive to work", "Obama gives away free stuff". One more and I get Bingo.

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Without health care? No. There is a hospital within 7 miles of my house that would treat me no matter what. Without health insurance? I was never stupid enough to pay for health insurance until Jan 1, 2014. I only did that because I thought it was required by law.

    Who are these 50 million people without HEALTH CARE? or did you spell Health Insurance wrong?
    There is a great deal of care that a lot of people need that is not dispensed from an emergency room. The need for coverage of chronic conditions cannot be overlooked. It is a grossly ignorant position to think that because emergency rooms won't turn people with broken bones away that they have adequate healthcare. Just because something kills you over a few years rather than an afternoon doesn't make it not serious. There are still millions of Americans, even with the implementation of Obamacare, that cannot get any treatment for non-acute conditions. Complications from hypertension alone are estimated to result in a thousand deaths every day, and hypertension is one of the most documented conditions that goes untreated among the poor.

    So no, that hospital will not treat you no matter what. They'll help you survive acute illnesses and injuries no matter what, but if you get a tumor, you're on your own. If you have hypertension, you're on your own. If you have complications from diabetes, you're on your own. Not everything is an emergency. A lot of things are degenerative.

    A lot of necessary care, especially preventative care, is denied to the poor, and they die because of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the OP was Obama, i do not want to put forth that he is the only one, many presidents have violated constitutional law, and not been held accountable.
    So no, you can't actually articulate an argument for why the president ought to be impeached that isn't simply a few talking points. You claim he violated his constitutionally authorized powers, but can't even define what they are. Make a supported argument. Anything else is just nonsense.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #174
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    That's very vague.



    Still very vague. I was hoping to see specific examples. Nevertheless, do you think nearly every President is our lifetime should have also been impeached?

    - Bush enacted the Patriot ACT, which seems to violate the Fourth Amendment.
    - Many Presidents have waged covert wars hat have toppled governments without congressional declarations of war.
    - Nearly every President since FDR has appointed White House Czars and despite the propaganda from the conservative media to their gullible followers, President Bush had 46 White House Czars. When the conservative pundits were accusing Obama of using Czars to subvert the constitution Obama had 32, 14 MORE that Bush.
    this is true for democrats and conservatives

    but you seem, to want to talk about conservatives, the OP is Obama.

    Obama has violated the constitution by what is actions and kept the laws under Bush in places, also the NDAA.

    ANY FAILURE TO FOLLOW CONSTITUTIONAL LAW IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE.

    as i stated... the Constitution states the president "shall"..........it do not say the president "may", then it comes to enforcement of law.

  5. #175
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post



    So no, you can't actually articulate an argument for why the president ought to be impeached that isn't simply a few talking points. You claim he violated his constitutionally authorized powers, but can't even define what they are. Make a supported argument. Anything else is just nonsense.
    the constitution is clear, ....if any person who takes the oath to to preserve protect and defend the constitution violates that oath, they are outside of the law.

    the president "shall"..............it does not say "may"

  6. #176
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    this is true for democrats and conservatives

    but you seem, to want to talk about conservatives, the OP is Obama.

    Obama has violated the constitution by what is actions and kept the laws under Bush in places, also the NDAA.

    ANY FAILURE TO FOLLOW CONSTITUTIONAL LAW IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE.

    as i stated... the Constitution states the president "shall"..........it do not say the president "may", then it comes to enforcement of law.
    I apologize. 99.9999% of the time I see or hear conversations like this its double standard, selective amnesia blind partisan tribalism. Very rerely do I see any true commitment to principle.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Complications from hypertension alone are estimated to result in a thousand deaths every day, and hypertension is one of the most documented conditions that goes untreated among the poor.
    My wife pays $50 for a doctor visit and $7 for a six month supply of Atenolol. Health insurance used to cost $350 a month.

    Let's do some math. Nope. You won't die without health insurance. You are more likely to die with it because it cost so damn much.

    Btw: Just because you have an insurance card doesn't mean you will go to the doctor.

    Thanks for reading Blue Cross Blue Shield propaganda. Are you not cynical enough to see that the insurance companies benefit from the fanaticism that you just regurgitated? Health insurance used to be a product that benefits people with significant assets. Health insurance fanaticism is the #1 religion in America. The #2 religion is college education fanaticism.

    Yes I have an insurance card now but I didn't convert to their religion. The only difference now is that I give Blue Cross $68 a month and the government gives Blue Cross $416 on my behalf. The government is getting severely ripped off. I'll never spend $5808 in health care this year. Even if I did, I could have paid it myself. There is this fancy invention called cash. People know about it but yet they think you can't use it for medical services. Very strange.
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 03-10-14 at 11:43 AM. Reason: adding the weird face thing

  8. #178
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    No..because if it were successful it would turn Obama into a martyr for the Left. I can hear it now, "Those old bad racist Republicans kick that poor little black kid off his high horsey", claiming it has set back race relations 1000 years etc. blahblahblah..

    Of course this all depends o what they try to get away with over the next couple of years.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #179
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    But that's just the point. You haven't walked in the shoes of the millions of Americans who never had it as good as you did, yet you condemn them.

    Plus, I love the regurgitated talking points. "No one ever gave me anything", "safety nets remove the incentive to work", "Obama gives away free stuff". One more and I get Bingo.



    There is a great deal of care that a lot of people need that is not dispensed from an emergency room. The need for coverage of chronic conditions cannot be overlooked. It is a grossly ignorant position to think that because emergency rooms won't turn people with broken bones away that they have adequate healthcare. Just because something kills you over a few years rather than an afternoon doesn't make it not serious. There are still millions of Americans, even with the implementation of Obamacare, that cannot get any treatment for non-acute conditions. Complications from hypertension alone are estimated to result in a thousand deaths every day, and hypertension is one of the most documented conditions that goes untreated among the poor.

    So no, that hospital will not treat you no matter what. They'll help you survive acute illnesses and injuries no matter what, but if you get a tumor, you're on your own. If you have hypertension, you're on your own. If you have complications from diabetes, you're on your own. Not everything is an emergency. A lot of things are degenerative.

    A lot of necessary care, especially preventative care, is denied to the poor, and they die because of it.



    So no, you can't actually articulate an argument for why the president ought to be impeached that isn't simply a few talking points. You claim he violated his constitutionally authorized powers, but can't even define what they are. Make a supported argument. Anything else is just nonsense.
    I condemn no one...When I got out of HS I did not have a pot to piss in but thanks to this country I pulled myself up by my boostraps and now have a comfortable retirement..........Any able body person can do that if they want to. The problem is a lot of people would rather live off the government then work and with Obama's giveaways at taxpayers expense that is what they are doing.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #180
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I condemn no one...When I got out of HS I did not have a pot to piss in but thanks to this country I pulled myself up by my boostraps and now have a comfortable retirement..........Any able body person can do that if they want to. The problem is a lot of people would rather live off the government then work and with Obama's giveaways at taxpayers expense that is what they are doing.
    This post gave me Bingo at least three different ways. You even used the word "bootstraps". As I said, not realizing how good you had it (or how responsible you are for making other people not have it as good) is pretty much the base requirement for being conservative. It is hypocrisy to the extreme. I shouldn't judge you because I haven't lived your life (nor have you lived mine, but you judge me all the time), but then you shouldn't judge people who are struggling because you haven't lived their lives. You don't "condemn" them, but they're moochers who refuse to work and immorally want to just live off of your hard earned money. Only an insane person could ever think that's not judging or condemning. Your whole argument relies on you having it so much harder when you were young, but the same job back then paid the equivalent of four times what it pays now.

    Completely mistaken impressions of the past and staggering ignorance of the present are the only way to hold views so catastrophically wrong.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •