View Poll Results: Would you prefer to make $7.25 an hour or $7.25 an hour?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • $7.25 while minimum wage is $5.15

    15 41.67%
  • $7.25 while minimum wage is $7.25

    3 8.33%
  • It doesn't matter. They are the same.

    18 50.00%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Which would you prefer?

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    $7.25 while the min wage is $7.25. I wouldn't want anyone in this country to try and live off of $5.15 an hour.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #12
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    $7.25 is barely above the poverty line for an individual and for a family of two it's just below.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    $7.25 is barely above the poverty line for an individual and for a family of two it's just below.
    There were only two choices. Making a million dollars per year was left off because I thought everybody would choose the million dollar option. This would limit the flow of the discussion.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    $7.25 is barely above the poverty line for an individual and for a family of two it's just below.
    The argument for the first choice is that if minimum wage was $5.15 and you were earning $7.25 instead than it's possible, assuming that doesn't become the norm and prices increase, that you would have more buying power.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    $7.25 while the min wage is $7.25. I wouldn't want anyone in this country to try and live off of $5.15 an hour.
    Very good point. Thanks for giving your opinion on the matter.

  6. #16
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    There were only two choices. Making a million dollars per year was left off because I thought everybody would choose the million dollar option. This would limit the flow of the discussion.
    When I don't find an option (choice) I can agree with, I don't choose, then explain why.


    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The argument for the first choice is that if minimum wage was $5.15 and you were earning $7.25 instead than it's possible, assuming that doesn't become the norm and prices increase, that you would have more buying power.
    Yeah, I understand the reasoning but I can't get behind the premise.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Irrelevant.

    Minimum wage shouldn't exist. Also, I wouldn't leave myself in a position to only make minimum wage for an extended period. I would work to get out of that situation.
    I have already said this but there was only two options. Making a million dollars per year was left off because I thought everybody would choose the million dollars option.

    If minimum wage is $5.15 then you wouldn't be making minimum wage.
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 03-08-14 at 02:03 AM.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    When I don't find an option (choice) I can agree with, I don't choose, then explain why..
    Would you rather make 50,000 dollars per year or 10,000,000 dollars per year?

  9. #19
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Would you rather make 50,000 dollars per year or 10,000,000 dollars per year?
    What's the point of such a question?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Which would you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Irrelevant.

    Minimum wage shouldn't exist. Also, I wouldn't leave myself in a position to only make minimum wage for an extended period. I would work to get out of that situation.
    You obviously have never worked at Walmart, the nations largest employer. What if everyone was like you? Who would ring up our sales?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •