View Poll Results: Taking an upskirt photo should

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • be illegal

    78 72.90%
  • be legal

    14 13.08%
  • be a professional sport

    9 8.41%
  • other - please explain

    6 5.61%
Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 518

Thread: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    You WERE talking about rape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Would she bear responsibility if he'd raped her instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Daylight in a convenience store? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    At night in a strange neighborhood? Yes, she bears some responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Yes it is. And looking up your skirt IS NOT RAPE.

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You WERE talking about rape.
    In the situation I described, she does, indeed, bear some responsibility. It is still rape. It is still illegal. The perpetrator should still go to jail.

    She is not absolved by any of the last 3 statements.

  3. #423
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    In the situation I described, she does, indeed, bear some responsibility. It is still rape. It is still illegal. The perpetrator should still go to jail.

    She is not absolved by any of the last 3 statements.
    Your thinking is backwards ass. She does NOT bear responsibility because another person made a conscious decision to violate her, regardless of what she is wearing or NOT wearing. Even prostitutes and strippers have rights against being violated against their will.

  4. #424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Your thinking is backwards ass. She does NOT bear responsibility because another person made a conscious decision to violate her, regardless of what she is wearing or NOT wearing. Even prostitutes and strippers have rights against being violated against their will.
    And some asshole can take that right away pretty fast.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    And some asshole can take that right away pretty fast.
    Hence the laws we have so that person will be separated from other people. People who cannot control their impulses to violate another person, man, woman or child, against their will or without their knowledge are dangerous people who need to be separated from the rest of us who respect a human being's free will.

    Like I said, if a woman (or man) is running around with her/his gentalia hanging out, then it is in public view and no longer private. However, positioning a camera so that it is taking pictures inside of a person's clothing is now against the law in Massachusetts (and quite a few other states) as it should be.

    It's quite obvious these women did NOT want some strange man shoving a camera up their dresses because they tried to file charges against him. Unfortunately the way the law was written it didn't cover such things, but that has been fixed now, and I am happy for that.

  6. #426
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    I said it earlier in the discussion on the case here, there is what is known as "attempt to photograph nudity or partial nudity" (and that was what this person was charged with). In all likelihood, a person who placed a camera in a public restroom or who was snapping pictures under stall doors would be charged with this, even if no one was actually nude in their photos because the attempt was made. It is about an attempt to do this from a reasonable person standpoint. Would the man simply have deleted a pic he got if it did show nudity? If the answer is "no" (and a reasonable person can easily conclude that it would be), then he was attempting to photograph nudity or partial nudity (without permission) and should be guilty under that law. Just because he failed in those three attempts where complaints were made, doesn't mean he wasn't attempting to do so.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Hence the laws we have so that person will be separated from other people. People who cannot control their impulses to violate another person, man, woman or child, against their will or without their knowledge are dangerous people who need to be separated from the rest of us who respect a human being's free will.

    Like I said, if a woman (or man) is running around with her/his gentalia hanging out, then it is in public view and no longer private. However, positioning a camera so that it is taking pictures inside of a person's clothing is now against the law in Massachusetts (and quite a few other states) as it should be.

    It's quite obvious these women did NOT want some strange man shoving a camera up their dresses because they tried to file charges against him. Unfortunately the way the law was written it didn't cover such things, but that has been fixed now, and I am happy for that.
    I don't intend for my car to get stolen when I drive at night through strange neighborhoods.

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I don't intend for my car to get stolen when I drive at night through strange neighborhoods.
    Oh, well I guess that would be your fault for driving a nice car.

  9. #429
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I don't intend for my car to get stolen when I drive at night through strange neighborhoods.
    I seriously doubt that anybody *intends* to.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #430
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    573

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Look, nobody is saying taking this picture will now become illegal:



    Neither will taking this photo:


    Neither will taking this photo:


    This guy however -
    What a hopeless skag she is, but that's how she used to make money. Not so much anymore.

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •