View Poll Results: Taking an upskirt photo should

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • be illegal

    78 72.90%
  • be legal

    14 13.08%
  • be a professional sport

    9 8.41%
  • other - please explain

    6 5.61%
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 518

Thread: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Please. Spare the innocent waif routine. To say that you bear no responsibility when you're a stiff breeze away from exposed snatch is just absurd.
    Oh, so now we're back to the "men can't control themselves" argument? Bullcrap!

  2. #252
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Why are some people such asses?



    This woman's skirt is down to her knees.



    Blame the woman though.....so easy.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Massachusetts court says 'upskirt' photos are legal - CNN.com



    WHAT???? How can upskirt photo taking NOT be an invasion of privacy?????

    Because in a public place there is no expectation of privacy. If I can see it, I can photograph it.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Because in a public place there is no expectation of privacy. If I can see it, I can photograph it.
    You can't "see it" unless you have a camera stuck just about between her legs when she's not looking.

    My god....how many of you are really this insane????

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Do you have the right to capture a baby in a public restroom that is getting their diaper changed and post it online? There are laws against that, and with upskirting how to do prove the object in the photo is or is not a minor?
    I believe the difference with a restroom is that there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, same as dressing room in a department store. Which is why the courts in most jurisdictions do not allow for surveillance cameras in restrooms or inside dressing room stalls even if they public places. But outside on the street, at the beach, on a bus, going up an escalator in a mall, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You can't "see it" unless you have a camera stuck just about between her legs when she's not looking.

    My god....how many of you are really this insane????
    Okay, so lets leave the camera out of the equation for a moment. If someone lays down on the floor and "sees it" is that a crime? If it is then specifically how do you determine that it is a crime? Someone may have passed out and was laying on the ground when the woman stepped over the guys face and he saw "it". I'm not saying it is socially acceptable behavior to take these types of photos, but what is the difference of some guy just gawking at a woman's fully clothed breasts? Some guys will just stand there staring at a woman's chest without even hiding it. There is no law against that--- how could you make a law against that?

    Look, the problem with the upskirt photo things is that states have not properly legislated for the conditions which define the intrusion into privacy. A guy hanging out near the bottom of an escalator taking photos is not taking any extra measures to achieve the angle needed for his photo; so I don't see where that could ever be made illegal. Like I said, if you can see it you can photograph it.

    Now I think I am pretty reasonable, but it would seem to me that if the law (elements of a crime) included something about "taking extra measures" in order to get the photo, like placing the camera on a pole and aiming it up a woman's skirt, that might be something a court would uphold as being an intrusion of a reasonable expectation of privacy. A guy hanging out at the bottom of the staircase might be difficult to prove was being unreasonable, because he could just say he was taking a photo of people on a staircase. However, a guy with a telescoping robotic arm with a camera snaking its way under the seat of a bus should be easy to prove what his intent was. Usually it is the technology used that causes something to be illegal. If a photo of a woman undressing in her bedroom is taken from the street with a normal camera lens, then that is something you would have seen with your naked eyes anyway, so it is her problem if she exposed herself that way. However if a photographer used a powerful telephoto lens, then the technology would be aiding him to photograph something that really isn't expected to be in public view and that would be an invasion of a reasonable expectation of privacy.

  7. #257
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    somewhat off-topic, in the 70s my dad had a camera lens that pointed straight ahead but took a picture to the side - the picture-taking part was on the side of the lens. So people didn't know their picture was being taken. Looking back, it seems a little creepy, but as a kid I thought it was cool.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh, so now we're back to the "men can't control themselves" argument? Bullcrap!
    Some can't. You can reduce the likelihood by not leaving loose-hanging cloth as the only thing between his eyes and your snapper.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Some can't. You can reduce the likelihood by not leaving loose-hanging cloth as the only thing between his eyes and your snapper.
    You're an embarrassment to most men you know that?

    I can't believe you've made this the fault of women.

    Unreal....

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Upskirt Photography - Legal or Illegal???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Not the same thing and you know it.
    Ok, let's take it from there one step at a time.

    So why should it be illegal, because you can see her underwear?

    If you say because her privacy is violated, then why? Because you can see her underwear?

Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •