View Poll Results: Does race actually exist?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, humans are divided into different races (white, black, mixed, etc.)

    28 50.00%
  • No, we are all the same race

    24 42.86%
  • I don't know/other

    4 7.14%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 139

Thread: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EUSSR
    Last Seen
    03-24-14 @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,851

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    The KKK???
    Former...

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I don't think I'm going to bother with that one ...
    As you wish, it's a free society.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Humans and pigs have very similar DNA. Does that mean we are pigs? No!
    Some, no doubt.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,813

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It just doesn't pack the same punch that Neanderthal does. Please don't take any more of our words away.
    Agreed. It is retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,813

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    On species -> homo sapiens, multiple races which each have multiple ethnic groups, each ethnic group having multiple ethnicities.
    Homo sapiens, a single race that originated out of Eastern Africa that spread out developing different skin colors, languages, ethnicities, etc.

    Race is a sociological construct... not a scientific one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,813

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    What one considers "lower".
    So you consider the obvious clever? That certainly is "lower".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #86
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Homo sapiens, a single race that originated out of Eastern Africa that spread out developing different skin colors, languages, ethnicities, etc.

    Race is a sociological construct... not a scientific one.
    And you Disingenuously feel completely free to reiterate your goofy/politics-as-fashion position DESPITE my two postings at the top of page 6 making mincemeat of it.
    A Page YOU posted on Twice afterwords but Couldn't/didn't touch.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...y-exist-6.html
    No response by you or any other of contrary position to undeniably serious/significant opinion.

    And race is hardly just skin color. Races can be identified from skeletal remains alone.
    We have different size, bones, musculature, facial features, hair coverage/texture, even pharmacology and disease proclivities.

    And Gorillas "originated in Africa" too and even though they Never left/didn't get help from the environment in forced adaptation as Homo sapien did, [even] they DO have Different Species, Subspecies/Race.
    There are Mountain Gorillas, Eastern and/or Western Lowland Gorillas, etc, etc, you could Not tell apart. Same for other Flora/Fauna.
    "Originating in Africa" or anywhere else doesn't preclude further adaptation/Evolution; and Didn't.
    Humans have avoided these taxonomic classifications for Political reasons.

    What's most galling is all these partisans just reiterating there nonsensical political stances.
    When I go into a string to make a point, I try and Tackle the most difficult conflicting-idea posts, Not Evade/avoid them.
    Avoiding them is being Dishonest in debate and to one's self.
    Last edited by mbig; 03-07-14 at 10:27 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm not talking ethnic groups necessarily. ANY group, really, it could apply to.

    Sometimes it's a joke, too.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about anymore. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    And you Disingenuously feel completely free to reiterate your goofy/politics-as-fashion position DESPITE my two postings at the top of page 6 making mincemeat of it.
    A Page YOU posted on Twice afterwords but Couldn't/didn't touch.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...y-exist-6.html
    No response by you or any other of contrary position to undeniably serious/significant opinion.

    And race is hardly just skin color. Races can be identified from skeletal remains alone.
    We have different size, bones, musculature, facial features, hair coverage/texture, even pharmacology and disease proclivities.

    And Gorillas "originated in Africa" too and even though they Never left/didn't get help from the environment in forced adaptation as Homo sapien did, [even] they DO have Different Species, Subspecies/Race.
    There are Mountain Gorillas, Eastern and/or Western Lowland Gorillas, etc, etc, you could Not tell apart. Same for other Flora/Fauna.
    "Originating in Africa" or anywhere else doesn't preclude further adaptation/Evolution; and Didn't.
    Humans have avoided these taxonomic classifications for Political reasons.

    What's most galling is all these partisans just reiterating there nonsensical political stances.
    When I go into a string to make a point, I try and Tackle the most difficult conflicting-idea posts, Not Evade/avoid them.
    Avoiding them is being Dishonest in debate and to one's self.
    This is true. It's how forensic pathologists can identify the "race" of the skeletal remains, as well as gender.

  9. #89
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about anymore. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
    Frankly, I'm not sure anymore either.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Homo sapiens, a single race that originated out of Eastern Africa that spread out developing different skin colors, languages, ethnicities, etc.

    Race is a sociological construct... not a scientific one.
    ... I'd reference you look at the rest of my comments why that's not true.

    Yes, we're all the same species, homo sapiens, the only surviving hominids. Species, not race.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •