View Poll Results: Does race actually exist?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, humans are divided into different races (white, black, mixed, etc.)

    28 50.00%
  • No, we are all the same race

    24 42.86%
  • I don't know/other

    4 7.14%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 139

Thread: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

  1. #111
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    All of your freaky and kinda racist ranting aside... why bother splitting people into such classifications? Why is this important? Why do you want so badly for there to be races and some people not be the same race as you?

    My premise, that you don't seem to get, is that whatever differences exist among humans aren't worth dividing people up over. They simply don't matter that much. Except apparently they matter to you. Which is creepy.

    Oh, and here's your full post quoted, because not doing so hurts your feelings apparently.
    LYING again I see.

    Despite thee fact you Almost fully quoted me, You haven't addressed my posts as far as my extensive quotation (and unfortunately even still necessary REposts) of the Definition of Race by perhaps the countries foremost expert on Evolution AND Speciation; Coyne.
    Nada
    Dishonest reply Again.

    Nor have you addressed MY content either; such as my busting of your Nonsensical premise of Red-hair/Blond-hair being just as valid as race.
    It is NOT.
    I gave the example of 300 people in room (100 Scandis, East Asians, Bushmen) to show how ridiculous your post was.
    Unaddressed as well.
    More Disingenuity/dishonest posting.

    And Taxonomy isn't "creepy" and doesn't just matter to me.
    You whiffed on ALL the comparative examples I posted re other species as well.
    And Of Course...The subject OF the string is whether of not Race exists. If you think it's "Creepy", Don't post in it.
    Utterly Inadequate.

    ALL your posts are Dishonest and juvenile Deflections NOT addressing what was said, merely reiterating your Goofy/Empty opinion that "Nah, doesn't matter/not enough"
    Despite SUBSTANTIAL opinion and Logic otherwise. All Unaddressed/Untouched.
    Last edited by mbig; 03-08-14 at 08:02 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #112
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Why do you want so badly for there to be races and some people not be the same race as you?
    My theory is that it allows him to feel that Jewish people are inherently superior to Arab people based on race/IQ studies. Look at his posting history and which issues give him a giant throbbing erection. Basically topics that relate to Israel or race are his giant boner topics. It's merely my hypothesis, though. He might also hate black people
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    05-02-16 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,809

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    My theory is that it allows him to feel that Jewish people are inherently superior to Arab people based on race/IQ studies. Look at his posting history and which issues give him a giant throbbing erection. Basically topics that relate to Israel or race are his giant boner topics. It's merely my hypothesis, though. He might also hate black people
    Your right, he would fit in perfectly on stormfront if it wasn't for a single factor.

  4. #114
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    *In a room with 300 Naked people: 100 Scandinavians, 100 East Asians, and 100 African Bushmen.. what do you suppose your rate of error would be in telling these RACES apart despite any natural/frivolous variation within?*
    I have a better test.

    "We're testing 300 persons. Each individual is required to perform a set of physical and mental tasks to measure their physical and mental capabilities. What do you suppose your rate of error would be in determining how many people fit into one of the 3 groups you mention above."
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,104

    re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Does race actually exist?[W:115]Cool it off, and address the OP, not other posters.

  6. #116
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I have a better test.

    "We're testing 300 persons. Each individual is required to perform a set of physical and mental tasks to measure their physical and mental capabilities. What do you suppose your rate of error would be in determining how many people fit into one of the 3 groups you mention above."
    Be glad to IF:
    1. You answer me.
    (That's only fair doncha think?)
    And that answer, because Race Does exist, would be near -0-.
    Correct?
    2. You specify Precisely what tests you want to give them.
    The results probably already exist and are searchable... though '3' Races are Too Few for good results on tests. I used it/3 to make a point about human classification being far more than skin or hair color and not mere chance. Untouched/unanswered including by You.
    Last edited by mbig; 03-08-14 at 08:28 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  7. #117
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Does race actually exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Except you're Not understanding what I said And certainly NOT tackling the Race issue.
    Eastern Lowland and Mountain are species beringei, Western Lowland, gorilla, both species have subspecies/'race'.
    Pix and taxonmic names here of some Gorilla species and subspecies.
    Images: Gorilla Species & Subspecies | LiveScience

    Bodhisatva had bizarrely claimed some sort of single race for humans just because they originated in Africa!
    Using Gorillas, I pointed out that despite not [even] leaving Africa, Gorillas had developed other subspecies/Race, even species, without the help of huge gigantic geographic distance and forced adaptation that human intercontinental mobility engendered.

    IOW, you leave my point and several posts on race untouched, except for unwittingly acknowledging it/them save for disagreeing 'which' gorillas are what specie/subspecie, Not the main issue they have them at all.
    In NO other words - I simply pointed out an error, something for all the above rhetoric you still failed to acknowledge.


    I understand very well what your argument is, I just don't agree with it.


    And speaking of errors ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Human Races/subspecies had 50,000 years to similarly evolve, and did.
    Once again your trying to base your argument on inaccurate information.

    With a couple of exceptions (Australian aborigine @25k?? and North American natives@15k? come to mind) there are no human populations that have been isolated for 50,000 years or even 10,000 years. Humans not only move freely across the land, they interbreed when they do. Hell, evidence has shown we (Homo sapiens sapiens) even bred with Neanderthals, something that has prompted consideration in the biological community for changing Neanderthals from a species of Homo to a sub-species of Homo sapiens - and if they do I assume they'll follow suit by finally deciding to make Denisovans a sub-species, too.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-08-14 at 08:18 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #118
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Does race actually exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    In NO other words - I simply pointed out an error, something for all the above rhetoric you still failed to acknowledge.
    I understand very well what your argument is, I just don't agree with it.
    Too bad you haven't been able to debate it at all, save trying to argue with Gorilla classification.. which again was irrelevant save the fact there ARE species/subspecies of them.. which serves MY point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo
    And speaking of errors ...
    Once again your trying to base your argument on inaccurate information.
    With a couple of exceptions (Australian aborigine and North American natives come to mind) there are no human populations that have been isolated for 50,000 years [B or even 10,000 years[/B]. Humans not only move freely across the land, they interbreed when they do. Hell, evidence has shown we (Homo sapiens sapiens) even bred with Neanderthals, something that has prompted consideration in the biological community for changing Neanderthals from a species of Homo to a sub-species of Homo sapiens - and if they do I assume they'll follow suit by finally deciding to make Denisovans a sub-species, too.
    "With a COUPLE of Except!ons" is Self-impeaching.
    Thanks!
    And it enables several lesser intermediate time periods between 10k and 50K to get there and/or spread from those distant points/times.

    And Still No one touching so much of what I posted. Coyne et al. Nada.

    As a matter of fact, I see several Personal/Ethnic group/'JOOOOO' attacks above on a matter that is Not in evidence instead, because my opponents cannot deal with the Meat.
    Shocking/reprehensible really.
    Last edited by mbig; 03-08-14 at 08:32 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  9. #119
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Does race actually exist?[W:115]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Be glad to IF:
    1. You answer me.
    (That's only fair doncha think?)
    And that answer, because Race Does exist, would be near -0-.
    Correct?
    Given your specific parameters, very likely near 0
    Of course, the three groups you chose are very likely to be easy to tell apart via external characteristics, so I'm not too sure why we're testing that.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    2. You specify Precisely what tests you want to give them.
    The results probably already exist and are searchable... though '3' Races is too few for good results on tests. I used it/3 to make a point about human classification being far more than skin or hair color and not mere chance. Untouched/unanswered.
    I'm no expert on forming tests, so I can't really do that. However whoever I somehow convinced to design the tests would have to ensure they were completely fair. The mental tests would be especially difficult to design, perhaps even impossible, due to significant differences in developmental backgrounds, depending on location.
    Although I suppose you could just run the tests and note where the subjects lived? Frankly I fall on the "nurture" side of the whole "nature vs. nurture" thing, so....
    I'm rambling.

    This would of course apply to a lesser degree in the physical tests area as well.


    Edit: A question occurs.
    How are you going to determine who fits those three groups so you can put them in your test? Wouldn't that require you to eliminate outliers from the beginning, to avoid ambiguity? Test seems biased.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #120
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Does race actually exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Too bad you haven't been able to debate it at all, save trying to argue with Gorilla classification.. which again was irrelevant save the fact there ARE species/subspecies of them.. which serves MY point.
    There's nothing to debate - I'm just pointing out errors.
    With this post you've made three, now.


    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    And Still No one touching so much of what I posted. Coyne et al. Nada.

    As a matter of fact, I see several Personal/Ethnic group/'JOOOOO' attacks above on a matter that is Not in evidence instead, because my opponents cannot deal with the Meat.
    Shocking/reprehensible really.
    I haven't been addressing those issues, so your whining about it in response to my post is uncalled for.


    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    "With a COUPLE of Except!ons" is Self-impeaching.
    Thanks!
    And it enables several lesser intermediate time periods between 10k and 50K to get there and/or spread from those distant points/times.
    I have not stated any position except to say I disagree with your position, which doesn't mean I'm diametrically opposed to it.

    Since you haven't been using Australian or North American natives as two distinct races in your arguments, your claim (my supposed "self-impeachment" ) is shown to be false once again.



    That's three strikes - you're out ...
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-09-14 at 05:56 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •