View Poll Results: Do you want Obamacare to Fail

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 39.62%
  • No

    54 50.94%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    3 2.83%
  • Chuck Norris

    7 6.60%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 217

Thread: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

  1. #81
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    That's the talking point. I disagree. In fact, in the "total repeal of Obamacare GOP alternative" some of the ACA provisions are kept in place. I'm sorry, but I simply cannot be persuaded in the current political climate the GOP is interested in anything other than doing all it can to see to it that the Obama Administration haws a failed legacy even if it means harming the people of America in the process.
    The failed Obama legacy, and the harm to Americans, is on Obama. I do not buy any variant of the wrong-wing tactic of trying to blame Republicans for the consequences of extremely bad policies put forth by the Democrats. It is Obama and his stooges that created this mess, and it i Obama and his stooges who are fully to blame for any harm that is caused thereby. In trying to place any of this blame on those who have done everything in their power to oppose this bad policy, you only destroy whatever credibility you might otherwise have had.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #82
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    These are the things that can and should be amended. I seriously doubt that after almost 4 years many of the pork and hookups could not have been repealed and replaced with improvements if couched in a spirit of America first cooperation instead of using it as the democrats' Achilles Heel campaign tool.
    So, uh, any blame at all for those who actually brought all this on?

  3. #83
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    What scares you about it? You are a small business owner and an individual. The only problem with single payer is that taxes will be higher. Taxes were high in our country back in 1993. Nobody died from higher taxes. People do die and/or live miserable lives due to the emotional stress of medical bills exceeding twice the lifetime income of a healthy 20 year old. Imagine if you are 50 and disabled as a result of your medical issue. You'll never pay it back. In a nation full of honest people this is a problem. When honest people are unable to pay a bill that they are obligated to pay, this causes great emotional strain. Over time emotional stress causes more medical problems. Those medical bills won't be paid either. Which adds stress on the impacted individual and stress to the overall medical system.



    With single payer the unpredictable cost of health insurance will no longer be the problem of your small business. This will allow you the chance to focus on running your business in the most effective way possible. You will no longer have to alter your business due to some retarded industry that has a completely perverted business model where the customer tries to screw the service provider and the service provider is trying to screw the customer. Real businesses doesn't operate that way. Health insurance is a retarded product.



    With single payer you will not have to pay for health insurance any more. You will simply pay higher taxes. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that every single person in your country will receive the medical treatment they need. This may cause you to be lessed pissed off about the higher taxes.

    Why are you scared of single payer? Is it a principle thing? Because it really makes no sense to me why you would oppose a system that most countries already use. Some Republicans are considering this as a strategy of combatting Obamacare. They probably won't but it is being considered as a plank to the Republican Party platform.



    If that doesn't make someone pause, nothing will.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    I don't cheer for anything to fail. However, I can still predict it. What Obama wants is literally impossible.

  5. #85
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post


    If that doesn't make someone pause, nothing will.
    Thanks for posting this, because in that video, he plainly and uncharacteristically for a politician, honestly explains what my fear is based around regarding single payer.

    This is the same reason that I have private insurance and do not rely on the VA for my medical care. Any government run health care makes choices based on money, and not health.

    At least with a private insurance policy, I can negotiate my coverage and have legal recourse to protect my interests. With government, I have no legal recourse or the ability to negotiate my coverage. The PPACA also removed the ability to negotiate my coverage with private insurance companies, to a great extent, although I was able to negotiate certain coverage that I would not be allowed to do under single payer.
    Last edited by Beaudreaux; 03-04-14 at 11:32 AM.

  6. #86
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    There are two places in the world for people who have nearly zero concern for the well-being of others:
    Psychiatric wards and prisons.
    I think this is a good example of why there can be difficulty dealing with the left (and I'm not talking about everyone on the left). Instead of dealing in the realities of problems that even Democrat politicians have acknowledged, to some, any disagreement is a character flaw or makes you sociopathic. There can be no compromise with crusaders.

  7. #87
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,150

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Thanks for posting this, because in that video, he plainly and uncharacteristically for a politician, honestly explains what my fear is based around regarding single payer.
    What is that fear, bureaucracy?

  8. #88
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    What is that fear, bureaucracy?
    Good question.

    Bureaucracy as an entity is not my concern. The impersonal application of something as personal as health care by a bureaucratic system is a concern.

    My health care should be my choice, with the guidance of my physicians. Not the choice of an insurance company or a government agency.

    My insurance policy gives me and my doctor the choices of treatment. Source and amount of payment are the only choices where my insurance gets involved (although they do try to exceed that limitation regularly).

    I just got home from having an ultrasound. The cost of the procedure alone (not including doctor's fees), was $843.00. I had to pay the entire amount because of my deductible and it being early in the year. Under single payer, I may have not been allowed to have the procedure, since there may not be a mechanism for me to pay the costs directly, or even get approval to have the procedure from the government.

    For instance, I always try to go through the VA first. The VA disapproved the procedure. My private doctor ordered the procedure and I was scheduled to receive it. The VA refused to perform it. I had to go to a private medical imaging and radiologist group to have the procedure.

    My late father-in-law, and my mother-in-law had/have the same problems with Medicare. We have to have a separate private insurance policy as well as use our own funds to cover treatments that Medicare will not allow (look at the video X posted for prima facie evidence of this fact).

    The same happens to many in Canada that have to come to the US to have procedures that are not allowed by the Canadian single payer system.

    I don't want that here, not for me.

    You have the right to do as you wish. As for me? I prefer to have a voice of what happens to my own body.

  9. #89
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Good question.

    Bureaucracy as an entity is not my concern. The impersonal application of something as personal as health care by a bureaucratic system is a concern.

    My health care should be my choice, with the guidance of my physicians. Not the choice of an insurance company or a government agency.

    My insurance policy gives me and my doctor the choices of treatment. Source and amount of payment are the only choices where my insurance gets involved (although they do try to exceed that limitation regularly).

    I just got home from having an ultrasound. The cost of the procedure alone (not including doctor's fees), was $843.00. I had to pay the entire amount because of my deductible and it being early in the year. Under single payer, I may have not been allowed to have the procedure, since there may not be a mechanism for me to pay the costs directly, or even get approval to have the procedure from the government.

    For instance, I always try to go through the VA first. The VA disapproved the procedure. My private doctor ordered the procedure and I was scheduled to receive it. The VA refused to perform it. I had to go to a private medical imaging and radiologist group to have the procedure.

    My late father-in-law, and my mother-in-law had/have the same problems with Medicare. We have to have a separate private insurance policy as well as use our own funds to cover treatments that Medicare will not allow (look at the video X posted for prima facie evidence of this fact).

    The same happens to many in Canada that have to come to the US to have procedures that are not allowed by the Canadian single payer system.

    I don't want that here, not for me.

    You have the right to do as you wish. As for me? I prefer to have a voice of what happens to my own body.
    And that is the main issue, isn't it? I don't care what other system others want to be on, what bothers me is how they want to force me into it as well. I'm fine dealing wit private insurance, and, like you, I may have to pay out of pocket initially until my deductible is met. Shoot, I never opt for vision so every year I get my check-up and contact prescription, I pay for it myself. I just don't find it particularly appalling to pay for services I received.

  10. #90
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    And that is the main issue, isn't it? I don't care what other system others want to be on, what bothers me is how they want to force me into it as well. I'm fine dealing wit private insurance, and, like you, I may have to pay out of pocket initially until my deductible is met. Shoot, I never opt for vision so every year I get my check-up and contact prescription, I pay for it myself. I just don't find it particularly appalling to pay for services I received.
    And therein lies the disconnect in philosophies between the entitlement system progenitors and those like you and I.

    The only thing I feel entitled to, is to receive and pay for services I want/need and negotiate for, in one way or another.

    I'm not entitled to others paying for what I receive.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •