View Poll Results: Do you want Obamacare to Fail

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 39.62%
  • No

    54 50.94%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    3 2.83%
  • Chuck Norris

    7 6.60%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 217

Thread: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How were people getting ripped off?
    Someone with a net worth of $1,000 was paying $400 a month to protect that $1,000. However, they chose to pay $4,800 a year to insurance $1,000 so I guess it can be argued either way.

    Insurance is a product for the rich. Poor people and most middle class people have no business purchasing health insurance.

    If you choose to get ripped off, are you really getting ripped off? It's a mystery but no clear answer exist.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I vehemently appose single payer, and I'm scared as hell that that's where this is headed. I also feel that single payer was and is the end goal of the PPACA and its shortfalls. I feel that many of the shortfalls were intentional to help force the single payer issue to the forefront.
    What scares you about it? You are a small business owner and an individual. The only problem with single payer is that taxes will be higher. Taxes were high in our country back in 1993. Nobody died from higher taxes. People do die and/or live miserable lives due to the emotional stress of medical bills exceeding twice the lifetime income of a healthy 20 year old. Imagine if you are 50 and disabled as a result of your medical issue. You'll never pay it back. In a nation full of honest people this is a problem. When honest people are unable to pay a bill that they are obligated to pay, this causes great emotional strain. Over time emotional stress causes more medical problems. Those medical bills won't be paid either. Which adds stress on the impacted individual and stress to the overall medical system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux
    As a small business owner, I've had to make painful choices due to the PPACA.
    With single payer the unpredictable cost of health insurance will no longer be the problem of your small business. This will allow you the chance to focus on running your business in the most effective way possible. You will no longer have to alter your business due to some retarded industry that has a completely perverted business model where the customer tries to screw the service provider and the service provider is trying to screw the customer. Real businesses doesn't operate that way. Health insurance is a retarded product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux
    As a private citizen, the PPACA has cost me a tremendous amount of money; more than I paid for the same health care before the PPACA.
    With single payer you will not have to pay for health insurance any more. You will simply pay higher taxes. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that every single person in your country will receive the medical treatment they need. This may cause you to be lessed pissed off about the higher taxes.

    Why are you scared of single payer? Is it a principle thing? Because it really makes no sense to me why you would oppose a system that most countries already use. Some Republicans are considering this as a strategy of combatting Obamacare. They probably won't but it is being considered as a plank to the Republican Party platform.
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 03-04-14 at 03:02 AM.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    You know Henrin too?
    No. Plus, my comment was not a call-out post but to people in general who show sociopathic tendencies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you are committed against your will a psychiatric ward is essentially a prison. I can't even think of a difference really.
    I don't think it's that simple. But I don't wanna stray too far off topic here--Feel free to start a debate on that subject, as it honestly sounds like it can be a good one.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Someone with a net worth of $1,000 was paying $400 a month to protect that $1,000. However, they chose to pay $4,800 a year to insurance $1,000 so I guess it can be argued either way.

    Insurance is a product for the rich. Poor people and most middle class people have no business purchasing health insurance.

    If you choose to get ripped off, are you really getting ripped off? It's a mystery but no clear answer exist.
    Insurance is an illusion of cost, much like government is the illusion of protection. It could be argued that in either case you are not actually better off. There are those that argue that without government we could be killed, enslaved, imprisoned, and a long series of crimes that I will not mention here, but it can also be argued that government is guilty of all those crimes and has sanctioned them into law and has sold them as protection itself. As for insurance, when people talk of it all they will care to notice is that the end costs of care are lower than it otherwise would be without that coverage. However, they forget in an odd fashion that the only way am insurance company can make a profit is if you pay more than what you are paying for in care. Therefore, the very existence of insurance does not lower cost at all, but simply moves the cost of the service to a bill that is paid to the insurance for a higher cost over a longer period of time for the care that you could receive. You also have to imagine that getting a stable supply of people that can afford ever increasing cost due to such a system would in fact increase the cost of care faster than it would otherwise increase. In fact, the very existence of a collective system such as insurance for healthcare should be counterproductive as it displaces the price of the care from the individual to a larger group that expands the ability to receive care, and thus, defeats itself by causing increased prices.

    Just my opinion of course, but I don't think I made any mistakes in my assessment.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Just my opinion of course, but I don't think I made any mistakes my assessment.
    Probably not. Health Insurance was marketed very well in the past. Higher education and real estate are other industries that were perverted via a successful marketing strategy in past generations.

    Health insurance is supposed to protect wealth. If you don't have wealth it doesn't function properly.

    College education is supposed to provide you specialized knowledge. When you expect college education to provide a higher income, the education system malfunctions.

    Houses are buildings where people live. When you expect it to be an ATM machine or an investment, the real estate market becomes artificially inflated.

    I think Health Insurance takes the first place blue ribbon in terms of misrepresented products in the American landscape.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    No. Plus, my comment was not a call-out post but to people in general who show sociopathic tendencies.



    I don't think it's that simple. But I don't wanna stray too far off topic here--Feel free to start a debate on that subject, as it honestly sounds like it can be a good one.
    I think it is essentially the same thing. If I tell you that you can't leave a room and I force you to follow my command, then what is the difference between that and prison? The only real difference I would suspect is that prison is more dangerous.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    I absolutely want it to fail, I'm just afraid that having it passed at all has catastrophically ruined any chance of going back to what we had or fixing the system to make it workable. Thanks Obama, you messed up once again.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #78
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Now, there's a decent argument that the failure of Obamacare could usher in something worse (or better, depending on your point of view - honestly, single payer scares the **** out of me). To be truthful, though, I'm not rooting for Obamacare. I didn't want it and the fact that "you could keep your insurance" had to be such a big part of getting support indicates to me, that a good many of us didn't want it and Obama knew that. Now, I don't know if it can ever fully go away, but presuming it could do you want Obamacare to fail?

    Give me a minute to attach the poll.
    I want it to fail because it is 10,000's of pages of regulations that no one human being can fully understand. It's unsustainable and is full of pork and homeboy hookups for corporate buddies. We do need health care reform but this is not it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #79
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

    Any attempt to “repair” the ObamaCare scam can only make it worse. The only genuine repair has to begin with completely repealing this entire steaming pile of solid digestive waste and starting over.
    That's the talking point. I disagree. In fact, in the "total repeal of Obamacare GOP alternative" some of the ACA provisions are kept in place. I'm sorry, but I simply cannot be persuaded in the current political climate the GOP is interested in anything other than doing all it can to see to it that the Obama Administration haws a failed legacy even if it means harming the people of America in the process.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  10. #80
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I want it to fail because it is 10,000's of pages of regulations that no one human being can fully understand. It's unsustainable and is full of pork and homeboy hookups for corporate buddies. We do need health care reform but this is not it.
    These are the things that can and should be amended. I seriously doubt that after almost 4 years many of the pork and hookups could not have been repealed and replaced with improvements if couched in a spirit of America first cooperation instead of using it as the democrats' Achilles Heel campaign tool.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •