View Poll Results: Do you want Obamacare to Fail

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 39.62%
  • No

    54 50.94%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    3 2.83%
  • Chuck Norris

    7 6.60%
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 217

Thread: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm kind of interested why you think your opinion matters on what people consider to be crap or not. It also amazes me that people that are regularly arguing against private monopolies are the same people always arguing for government monopolies.
    I'm kind of interested as to why you feel it's important that insurance companies should be allowed to sell people crap policies. There are standards ...it's not opinion.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    How exactly does single payer scare you? Are you terrified of communally paid-for roads? Public parks? Are things only okay if there's a higher class profiting from it at the expense of a lower class?
    Roads! That thing only government can do.

  3. #53
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Besides the fact you are being extremely dishonest, no, their job is to make money. The service they provide is to fill the healthcare needs of their customers. Business is not a charity, and no one is going to do something for a living and make nothing doing it. With that mind, can you tell me how government lowers the cost of the services it provides?
    Exactly my point. Playing profits with human lives! What a great that is made up of the organization of people, institutions, and resources to deliver health care services to meet the health needs of target populations! Looks like if you aint got that dough then its off to the grave for you...


    Really, you're a socialist, so the last time you didn't want the government to run an industry was never.
    Actually im more in favor of a system where the gov does own some key things, but then worker co-ops, and worker self managed industries rule the rest.

    I know full well you don't like people profiting from the exchanges they have with you, but the fact will forever remain that people don't much care for transactions they get nothing from.
    I believe in market socialism..




    When dealing with the question of government it really doesn't matter. If it's true or not has nothing at all to do with government.

    Except this is essentially what we are arguing over.. If the gov should run healthcare...


  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I'm kind of interested as to why you feel it's important that insurance companies should be allowed to sell people crap policies. There are standards ...it's not opinion.
    Because it's their product and they have the right to decide what it includes and doesn't include. Any more questions?

  5. #55
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Now, there's a decent argument that the failure of Obamacare could usher in something worse (or better, depending on your point of view - honestly, single payer scares the **** out of me). To be truthful, though, I'm not rooting for Obamacare. I didn't want it and the fact that "you could keep your insurance" had to be such a big part of getting support indicates to me, that a good many of us didn't want it and Obama knew that. Now, I don't know if it can ever fully go away, but presuming it could do you want Obamacare to fail?

    Give me a minute to attach the poll.
    All I wanted - all I still want - is for our government to actually approach problem with 'real, meaningful solutions' in mind. And if they don't, then the healthcare industry should do this.

    If we have problems then we need solutions - not politics. How they've approached ACA and so many others things is wrong, off the mark, and doesn't fix diddly squat.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #56
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,960
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Now, there's a decent argument that the failure of Obamacare could usher in something worse (or better, depending on your point of view - honestly, single payer scares the **** out of me). To be truthful, though, I'm not rooting for Obamacare. I didn't want it and the fact that "you could keep your insurance" had to be such a big part of getting support indicates to me, that a good many of us didn't want it and Obama knew that. Now, I don't know if it can ever fully go away, but presuming it could do you want Obamacare to fail?

    Give me a minute to attach the poll.
    The law was rushed to get it passed before Scott Brown took up his senate seat and depriving the Democrats of a filibuster proof senate. So right there is one of the reasons it is having so much problems. Also when passed 38% of Americans were for it, 53% against it per RCP averages. Today, 4 years later RCP shows basically the same averages of the 5 polls, 38% for 52.4 against.

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

    One other thing, according to Rasmussen poll dated 3 March, it states the new health care law has personally helped 14% of Americans and personally hurt 33%. Yet it seems the democrats don't care.

    Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

    For me personally, I am very much against the law. The way it was passed should tell you it certainly wasn't passed on its merits. It took threats, bribes and the whip from the Democratic Leadership on their own members to get this law passed. What ever happened to the Democratic mantra on this thing that as time goes by more and more people will like it. 4 years have passed and the polls and the likability of the ACA is right where it was at the beginning.

    Is it too much to hope that at sometime the Democrats will admit they made a mistake. Perhaps not in the idea, the whole idea of every American having health care is a good and moral one. But this law is not the way to accomplish that. If anything it sets that idea back.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #57
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well, I'm guessing that the million or so people who lost their coverage thanks to Obamacare wish they could go back. If Obamacare was such an improvement, why the need to repeatedly (and falsely) promise that nothing has to change for you if you don't want it to?
    I think you meant "5-6 million or so" ?

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Because it's their product and they have the right to decide what it includes and doesn't include. Any more questions?
    Well you and I came to the conclusion a long time ago that you are an immoral, lawless, anarchist , so...
    No, I guess I really don't have any questions for an established anarchist.
    Your answers would teach me nothing. You are 100% predictable and without merit..

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Exactly my point. Playing profits with human lives! What a great that is made up of the organization of people, institutions, and resources to deliver health care services to meet the health needs of target populations! Looks like if you aint got that dough then its off to the grave for you...
    Yes, people provide other people services that are both needed and entirely optional. When people exchange their labor and service to someone they expect something in return to make their efforts worth their time. People have been doing such activities since pretty much forever. If you have a problem with someone benefiting from an exchange that they are involved in than you pretty much have a problem with human interaction itself.

    Actually im more in favor of a system where the gov does own some key things, but then worker co-ops, and worker self managed industries rule the rest.
    Ok? So why are these co-ops trustworthy to run the unimportant things, but only the government is wise enough to run the important things?

    I believe in market socialism..
    Which is basically a contradiction of terms.


    Except this is essentially what we are arguing over.. If the gov should run healthcare...
    Yes, and there is no reason they should be.
    Last edited by Henrin; 03-04-14 at 01:52 AM.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Well you and I came to the conclusion a long time ago that you are an immoral, lawless, anarchist , so...
    No, I guess I really don't have any questions for an established anarchist.
    Your answers would teach me nothing. You are 100% predictable and without merit..
    How is my position immoral?

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •