View Poll Results: Do you want Obamacare to Fail

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 39.62%
  • No

    54 50.94%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    3 2.83%
  • Chuck Norris

    7 6.60%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 217 of 217

Thread: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

  1. #211
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    My standard of living is fine, and my private healthcare is fine... as long as the government stays out of it.

    It is not the role of government to provide healthcare. If people cannot afford healthcare, it is no different than not being able to afford satellite television. If you can't afford it, you don't get it. If you force government to provide it, then at least acknowledge that it is on the backs of other taxpayers.
    So you don't mind people dying in hospital parking lots for lack of money? I remember when we allowed that to happen, maybe you don't.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-10-14 at 04:22 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post

    Back to the idea that in your country the government doesn't have the peoples' mandate for healthcare. If that's the case, surely you can agree that there are some places where healthcare has been placed under the control of the government -- like France, Britain, or indeed even New Hampshire to an extent. It then seems to me that the democratic process is what determines what powers the government has, and in many places, the citizens have democratically given the government the mandate to provide healthcare.

    Here's the rub: It appears to me that your country, despite how you feel, has given your government the mandate to provide healthcare, by electing someone running on a platform that includes government healthcare.

    It then seems to me that, as this man, democratically elected and very open about his intention to bring government healthcare to the United States, has his mandate, he can and indeed MUST try to implement it.

    Therefore, it seems to me that your country wants and is going to get government healthcare. Where is your issue with this?
    You are correct, the current government healthcare law was signed into law through democratically elected representatives. However, in the case of this law it was not supported by just slightly less than half of the people of this nation, therefore nobody could argue that there was a sweeping mandate for that law.

    Just because something wins by a simple majority does not make it right. And the way socialism works in one nation is not the same in another nation. In terms of the government healthcare law in this country that we are debating, I saw a figure that said only 10% of those eligible have signed up for it. If it was so popular to have in place, why is it such a failure you might ask? Well, as it turned out it isn't FREE, not even for the saps who thought it would be free. Fact is nothing is ever free; somebody pays for everything. My "rub" is that I am usually the one paying.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    So you don't mind people dying in hospital parking lots for lack of money? I remember when we allowed that to happen, maybe you don't.
    If that were the case then what you would be describing would be a nation of people so poor that they wouldn't know where their next meal was coming from; that is not the case. I find it ironic that most of the people who claim they can't afford healthcare are people who can afford car payments, smart phones, concert tickets, eating out, new fashions, satellite TV, Starbucks coffee and tattoos.

    Maybe they just haven't prioritized their lives very efficiently. If they haven't that is on them, not my job to figure it out for them.

  4. #214
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Then I suggest you provide some evidence to prove your claim cuz your opinions don't amount to a hill of beans.
    You brought it up, one would think you might want to know what it says first. But hey, here's a link to the act in question - see for yourself:

    Administrative Procedure Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #215
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You brought it up, one would think you might want to know what it says first. But hey, here's a link to the act in question - see for yourself:

    Administrative Procedure Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks, but I fail to see how that helps your argument.

  6. #216
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    If that were the case then what you would be describing would be a nation of people so poor that they wouldn't know where their next meal was coming from; that is not the case.
    I saw it happen many times in my own city. It was part of COBRA in 1986 when Reagan was in the White House and the Republicans controlled the Senate. Any hospital accepting Medicare payments is required to provide emergency care to anyone without question as to insurance or ability to pay.



    Many in this nation - less government intervention - would be in exactly that kind of situation. One only needs to look at history to see what it was like before. Many people did die of starvation. But, I know, it's easier to close your ears and say "lalalalalalalalala ..." than to accept the facts.



    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    I find it ironic that most of the people who claim they can't afford healthcare are people who can afford car payments, smart phones, concert tickets, eating out, new fashions, satellite TV, Starbucks coffee and tattoos.

    Maybe they just haven't prioritized their lives very efficiently. If they haven't that is on them, not my job to figure it out for them.
    Interesting choice of stupid references. I see the same BS on many conservative websites, which is no doubt where you got your "fact" list.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-20-14 at 01:20 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #217
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    You are correct, the current government healthcare law was signed into law through democratically elected representatives. However, in the case of this law it was not supported by just slightly less than half of the people of this nation, therefore nobody could argue that there was a sweeping mandate for that law.

    Just because something wins by a simple majority does not make it right. And the way socialism works in one nation is not the same in another nation. In terms of the government healthcare law in this country that we are debating, I saw a figure that said only 10% of those eligible have signed up for it. If it was so popular to have in place, why is it such a failure you might ask? Well, as it turned out it isn't FREE, not even for the saps who thought it would be free. Fact is nothing is ever free; somebody pays for everything. My "rub" is that I am usually the one paying.
    There does seem to be this odd thought process that, if something isn't free, that means it isn't available.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •