View Poll Results: Do you want Obamacare to Fail

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 39.62%
  • No

    54 50.94%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    3 2.83%
  • Chuck Norris

    7 6.60%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 217

Thread: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

  1. #191
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Overall availabilty has never been that good in rural areas. So they can't lose something they never really had. But overall medical care is supposed to be the best in the world...but in reality it's no better or worse than other westernized countries...however the US can claim to be the most expensive in the world.

    The CBO says that ACA will help reduce the national debt over the next ten years or so...unless congress ****s it up. Reducing the debt, isn't that what the right wing claim they want?
    The CBO made all sorts of claims regarding Obamacare that they've had to walk back on. It's silly really, because the projections were based upon a bill whose language no one, especially not the congress, fully understood when it was passed. Not to mention the POTUS has altered the legislation since. Finally, there's the unknown - how Americans will choose to adopt, adapt to and use Obamacare. The CBO predictions are not to be trusted here.

    And are you saying the left wing doesn't want to reduce the debt?

    We have been a largely rural nation with a coverage area much larger than most other "westernized" countries and still we managed to have modern care and the best diagnostic machinery available to even the most far flung corners. We are unique both in size and coverage area.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The CBO made all sorts of claims regarding Obamacare that they've had to walk back on. It's silly really, because the projections were based upon a bill whose language no one, especially not the congress, fully understood when it was passed. Not to mention the POTUS has altered the legislation since. Finally, there's the unknown - how Americans will choose to adopt, adapt to and use Obamacare. The CBO predictions are not to be trusted here.

    And are you saying the left wing doesn't want to reduce the debt?

    We have been a largely rural nation with a coverage area much larger than most other "westernized" countries and still we managed to have modern care and the best diagnostic machinery available to even the most far flung corners. We are unique both in size and coverage area.
    Actually, the CBO has been quite consistent in it's projections since 2009. The ACA is posted online and it's not that difficult to understand.

    The POTUS has not altered the legislation, only the deadlines to fully implement it.

    If it wasn't for the left, the rural areas wouldn't even have roads, electriciy or running water let alone health care availability.

    The right wing could care less about the debt...that they created. They pretend to care because it gets them elected and once elected they spend like there is no tomorrow.

  3. #193
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Seniors on average use more medical care and services, not less. Private insurance companies prefer to only insure the healthy. So how is it that Medicare which has a lot more sick older people can still keep costs lower than private insurance that insures more healthier younger people?
    A myriad of reasons. I have no idea which ones are the most significant.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #194
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Volume ≠ quality.
    Agreed.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #195
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,822
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The POTUS has not altered the legislation, only the deadlines to fully implement it.
    Bull****! Altering the deadlunes is altering the legislation. There used to be a time when Congress was the only one who could alter legislation. Pesky Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If it wasn't for the left, the rural areas wouldn't even have roads, electriciy or running water let alone health care availability.
    What a load of bull****! The **** that comes out of your keyboard is truly ignorant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The right wing could care less about the debt...that they created. They pretend to care because it gets them elected and once elected they spend like there is no tomorrow.
    And that's why the Tea Party has become so popular. Most of the establishment republicans are as bad as the democrats.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Bull****! Altering the deadlunes is altering the legislation. There used to be a time when Congress was the only one who could alter legislation. Pesky Constitution...
    i thought changing the deadlines was subject to discretion on the part of the department of health and human services?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  7. #197
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,491
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    i would hope it works, as I hope any reform results in an improvement over the status quo. That said I am rather skeptical of it working in the end, but I still want it to. The status quo was unsustainable. The ACA was passed to reform the healthcare system. Hopefully that reform works because the status quo was unsustainable.
    The status-quo worked a million times better than this piece of crap.

    This Humpty-Dumpty idiotic scheme is going to get worse over the long haul because the government doesn't have a fraction of the flexibility to correct things as the free market. Just look at King Hussein Obama trying to protect his party from getting their asses kicked due to this idiocy by his enacting legislation... acting as Congress and President!

    He hasn't only screwed up the health care system majestically, he's now created a Constitutional crisis and illustrated ObamaKare is a political tool... to be managed for the Demokrats good... like the IRS.

    The way to have made the old system better is to get the bureaucratic Federal government largely out of it.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Because you prefer your lower standard of living, or your inferior health care? I wasn't exactly sure from this comment.
    My standard of living is fine, and my private healthcare is fine... as long as the government stays out of it.

    It is not the role of government to provide healthcare. If people cannot afford healthcare, it is no different than not being able to afford satellite television. If you can't afford it, you don't get it. If you force government to provide it, then at least acknowledge that it is on the backs of other taxpayers.

  9. #199
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    My standard of living is fine, and my private healthcare is fine... as long as the government stays out of it.

    It is not the role of government to provide healthcare. If people cannot afford healthcare, it is no different than not being able to afford satellite television. If you can't afford it, you don't get it. If you force government to provide it, then at least acknowledge that it is on the backs of other taxpayers.
    Okay, fair enough -- you didn't respond to my bait with vitriol, and I really do respect that, especially here.

    In that case, I'll ask you an honest question.

    You say healthcare isn't the government's business. I assume you say that not out of some bizarre stringent anti-government healthcare ideology, but rather because you believe the government has no mandate for it, and thus shouldn't assume powers outside of its ambit. I'll leave by the side any ideology on either side -- we could both, I am sure, have a very interesting and very futile ideological debate about the government's duties.

    Back to the idea that in your country the government doesn't have the peoples' mandate for healthcare. If that's the case, surely you can agree that there are some places where healthcare has been placed under the control of the government -- like France, Britain, or indeed even New Hampshire to an extent. It then seems to me that the democratic process is what determines what powers the government has, and in many places, the citizens have democratically given the government the mandate to provide healthcare.

    Here's the rub: It appears to me that your country, despite how you feel, has given your government the mandate to provide healthcare, by electing someone running on a platform that includes government healthcare.

    It then seems to me that, as this man, democratically elected and very open about his intention to bring government healthcare to the United States, has his mandate, he can and indeed MUST try to implement it.

    Therefore, it seems to me that your country wants and is going to get government healthcare. Where is your issue with this?

  10. #200
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Bull****! Altering the deadlunes is altering the legislation. There used to be a time when Congress was the only one who could alter legislation. Pesky Constitution...

    What a load of bull****! The **** that comes out of your keyboard is truly ignorant.


    And that's why the Tea Party has become so popular. Most of the establishment republicans are as bad as the democrats.
    What you ever say, Red.
    Last edited by Moot; 03-10-14 at 01:02 PM.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •