View Poll Results: Do you want Obamacare to Fail

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 39.62%
  • No

    54 50.94%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    3 2.83%
  • Chuck Norris

    7 6.60%
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 217

Thread: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

  1. #141
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Why do you think any of that would be different under a private system? Except that, in order to curtail expenses and increase profit, that same woman was doing the job of two other people at the same time as well as hers. So, you'd face even worse service. Do you think that her performance would be better if someone was getting rich off of her labor? If you do, would you like to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?
    The hospital my insurance has as the preferred provider is a primate non-profit hospital and the service is far superior. We were only sent to the government hospital because of a specialized equipment only available through the government hospital.

    I understand your concern but I'm not making any of this up. Almost every employee at the hospital I encountered acted like I was a problem, was bothering them and wanted to make it clear they were the boss and at their mercy. And I go out of my way to be courteous to people. If employees of government run entities want to have public support, they need to read the memo and offer superior service than what is seen in private organizations.
    Last edited by Smeagol; 03-04-14 at 11:52 PM.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #142
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    The hospital my insurance has as the preferred provider is a primate non-profit hospital and the service is far superior. We were only sent to the government hospital because of a specialized equipment only available through the government hospital.

    I understand your concern but I'm not making any of this up. Almost every employee at the hospital I encountered acted like I was a problem and was bothering them and I go out of my way to be courteous to people. If employees of government run entities want to have public support, they need to read the memo to offer superior service than what seen in private organizations.
    The service that matters isn't if they're nice to you. It's if they can get you the healthcare you need and not bankrupt you in the process.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  3. #143
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    it has already succeded.

    $75 month for full Health and dental insurance..........................LMAO!!!
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

  4. #144
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,197

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I'm happy for you that you like the system your country has in place. Canada's government is based on the British system of government which is completely different than that of the US.

    We have freedoms that British based government peoples do not have, and more importantly, we have Constitutionally based restrictions on our government that others do not have.

    Those restrictions on government are good. I support a limited and highly restricted government, with very limited power over my life.

    I prefer to not participate in the downfall of the core premise of my country's existence; freedom.

    That includes freedom from government as well as freedom of choice in my own life such as the decisions regarding my own health care.
    Weird because we are viewed as more free than the U.S. is. Does not having single-payer promote more financial freedom. We don't live in fear of going bankrupt due to medical expenses, we also Charter of Rights and Freedoms which is something Britain lacks. We would would rather sacrifice our freedom to choose an insurance provider for better financial security. No one should be denied quality medical care because of how much money they have or what condition they suffer form. I remember one journalist put it this way: Americans love their right to buy complete garbage that would be considered ludicrous in other parts of the world.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I'm sure you will, bleed there on the street. Care to bet what you will decide? It is after all commerce and nothing more. Or that loved on who is deadly ill. Don't worry, you you can find a bargain.

    Yes, it is a very simple concept.
    Sorry, is that supposed to counter my argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, that's consistent. Doubling down with another exaggeration.
    I noticed that you didn't explain how I was wrong.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sorry, is that supposed to counter my argument?



    I noticed that you didn't explain how I was wrong.
    Yes I did counter your argument. You just haven't thought it through yet. Think about it a while longer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #147
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Nobody should want a piece of legislation that is intended to benefit people to fail.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  8. #148
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    Nobody should want a piece of legislation that is intended to benefit people to fail.
    Fail? Many if not most who will benefit are working people.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #149
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Fail? Many if not most who will benefit are working people.
    Um...how is that relevant to what I said?
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  10. #150
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Do You Want "Obamacare" to Fail?

    I voted for fail but only as it is now. I would like to see it work but it just does not sound good at all. I don't have any idea what they could do different but I think something obviously needs to be done.
    Mike

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •