View Poll Results: If neither Clinton nor Christie are candidates for POTUS in '16, which party wins?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Democrats will win

    22 68.75%
  • The Republicans will win

    7 21.88%
  • A third party candidate will win

    0 0%
  • By 2016 President Obama will have successfully destroyed America. There will be no election.

    3 9.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

  1. #21
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Intent View Post
    I have to go with a Dem, because the GOP can't help themselves offending people. It's like a disease.... And yes, because X said something stupid/evil it should reflect on your party if you do not kick them out. Silent consent. I know, novel idea... Holding something a group does not say or do against them.

    It's amazing the freaking by law changes they made to stifle speech in their own party and toss Paul under the bus. If you can do that, you can kick idjits that offend people.
    Google dog whistles politics. There's some very interesting thought out there that suggests that the offensive stuff is actually true heartfelt positions but most of the time they're smart enough to not be open and transparent about it. To help accomodate this its suggested that they've come up with coded terminology they can use to motivate get out the vote efforts to their more etreme supporters while being able to avoid criticism and writing off anybody who calls them out on it as nuts.

    For example, part of the unfortunate history of American has been racsim toward blacks and even today some voters still might harbor racist attitudes. Part of that rascism was to deny recocnizing black men as men and instead call them "boys." An example of a dog whistle would be in a Presidential debate, refering to everone as "Mr. (LASTNAME)" but if there's a black candidate or moderator, he and only he is reffered to by his first name. Racists in the TV audience then get a veiled message to vote for the candiadte who calls black men by the first names. Just one example. In fairness, I do not personally think candidates who do this are themselves racist but rather are simply trying to get as many votes as possible, essentially using voters' own bigotry against them. It does however speak to the culture of the political party that has the support of people who identify with tactics like this being used.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you know the difference between the Electoral College and demographics? Might want to look those two terms up, then get back to me.
    LOL! Yeah, and you are aware that people cast these things called "votes" for candidates, right? If maps decided the elections why would there even be a day to vote? And when the people (part of those demographic maps), especially independent voters 'break' one way or the other, that changes the model. Or when a third party candidate comes along, that too skews that map as well. And then of course there is always a margin of people who just may not vote for the candidate from the party they are registered with. Many, many variables that occur state by state and district by district that may keep a candidate in play. Like in 2004 when George W. Bush took a higher percentage of Hispanic votes than the model showed.

    I don't have crystal ball and neither do you. But when it comes to Hispanic voters they are more interested in jobs and education than they are in immigration issues--- they are here for opportunity. So with that being said, and as I alluded to in my earlier post, the economy in 2016 may have more to do with the outcome than any red and blue map you are looking at in 2014. That is how it may work. To quote Clinton's adviser James Carvill, "it's the economy stupid!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Also note that all of your claims are based on unfounded claims. I can back up the electoral map, how many safe states for each side, and add up the electoral votes. However, being lazy, I will just steal a post made earlier today by some one who is really smart on elections(I strongly recommend reading his blog posts).
    I was not aware that the results of the 2016 election are already a "founded claim".

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Unless they run Romney once again, just to make sure they can beat a dead horse once more.
    While it may not happen in 2016, here is to hoping for a viable 3rd party. I am so darn tired of having to choose between bad and worse.
    Romney was a horrible choice unless the logic was to field a New England pro-abortion, pro-government healthcare liberal in an attempt to fool old Florida voters in Broward county.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I was referring to your post since it made the point better than I could. I was not debating your post, which was as usual excellent.
    Always glad to oblige. Sometimes I do not know a compliment when it hits me in the face.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1858 View Post
    I do not agree that African-Americans won't vote in the numbers they have in the last two elections. What makes you think that?
    When you look at who actually shows up to vote on election day and not who is registered to vote, the numbers are always less than the actual potential. Older voters are the most reliable, while younger voters are the most fickle.

    In the last two presidential elections African-American votes (13% of the population) saw the largest rise in democratic vote margins since 1968 and we know the reason why. Without that reason, nobody believes those margins for African-Americans will be there. If Hillary runs the women's vote will not play the same way as the Black vote did. Women will not vote in the same percentages for Hillary as Blacks voted for Obama. If Hillary could get that much mileage from the women's vote, Obama would have never beaten her for the nomination.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,301
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    LOL! Yeah, and you are aware that people cast these things called "votes" for candidates, right? If maps decided the elections why would there even be a day to vote? And when the people (part of those demographic maps), especially independent voters 'break' one way or the other, that changes the model. Or when a third party candidate comes along, that too skews that map as well. And then of course there is always a margin of people who just may not vote for the candidate from the party they are registered with. Many, many variables that occur state by state and district by district that may keep a candidate in play. Like in 2004 when George W. Bush took a higher percentage of Hispanic votes than the model showed.

    I don't have crystal ball and neither do you. But when it comes to Hispanic voters they are more interested in jobs and education than they are in immigration issues--- they are here for opportunity. So with that being said, and as I alluded to in my earlier post, the economy in 2016 may have more to do with the outcome than any red and blue map you are looking at in 2014. That is how it may work. To quote Clinton's adviser James Carvill, "it's the economy stupid!"
    People do not directly vote for candidates. People vote for electors. WHen a candidate gets enough electors, they win. It is for example possible to win the election and not have the most popular votes, and this has in fact happened. You are welcome for the history lesson.

    I was not aware that the results of the 2016 election are already a "founded claim".
    You made guesses based on no evidence. I supplies guesses based on the best evidence available. There is a large, unsubtle difference between the two.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    It would depend on who actually runs, no matter which party you're talking about. Right now, I don't want any party to win because the ideology of all of the parties suck.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    People do not directly vote for candidates. People vote for electors. WHen a candidate gets enough electors, they win. It is for example possible to win the election and not have the most popular votes, and this has in fact happened. You are welcome for the history lesson.
    Yes, thank you C.O. I am aware of the process! But you ignored my point in your effort in to teach an elementary school lesson. Is it your suggestion then that in the upcoming 2016 election that 'faithless electors' will change the outcome of the election? Is that your point? Because that has never happened in our history---- look it up. You are welcome in advance for the history lesson.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You made guesses based on no evidence. I supplies guesses based on the best evidence available. There is a large, unsubtle difference between the two.
    I'm sorry I didn't realize that this was supposed to be a "guessing" contest. Like let's "guess" on which candidate will be the best president despite the "best evidence available" that they are completely unqualified?

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    too many factors to make an accurate prediction at this point. the only thing we know for sure is that America seems to exhibit partisan fatigue after eight years of a president. the exception to this rule usually produces a one term president.

    part of it will also depend on how much emphasis the Republicans put on social issues, and how the midterms turn out.

  10. #30
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: Suppose the best Democrat and best Republican POTUS candidates are out..?

    Had to vote for option 4 just for the Lolz.

    Althought it should read, "By 2016 Obama will have named himself dictator for life of the United Soviet Socialist States of Amerika"

    In seriousness, I think a Republican wins in 2016.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •