View Poll Results: Is this being sincere?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 27.78%
  • No

    12 66.67%
  • Other (explain)

    1 5.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

  1. #21
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    There's a Florida based, restaurant chain that says 'they're only trying to get people to help foot the bill for full time employees, healthcare mandate'.

    Restaurants charging Obamacare fee - Feb. 27, 2014
    I think it's a GREAT idea. If it only costs 15-cents more on a $15.00 check for 250 people to have their health insurance paid by their employer? Count me in.

    Edit:

    This should show people who much a'do about nothing the staggering cost increases are going to be.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    And causing more poverty and more on food stamps......the conservatives will be crying....and crying "repeal" every day in Con gress....
    It will be their own fault. Too many short-sighted Democrats. They should become slightly more informed.

  3. #23
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    There's a Florida based, restaurant chain that says 'they're only trying to get people to help foot the bill for full time employees, healthcare mandate'.

    Restaurants charging Obamacare fee - Feb. 27, 2014
    This really got me to thinking...

    McDonald's serves 7.4 billion people a day. If McDonald's would raise the price of service by one penny per customer, that would generate $704,000 per day x 365 = $256,000,000 per year to pay for their employee's health insurance. Think they could manage? I do. Think you could pay a lousy penny more??

  4. #24
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    And causing more poverty and more on food stamps......the conservatives will be crying....and crying "repeal" every day in Con gress....
    No, Democrats from Pelosi to Biden say this would be a good thing, allowing them time to become poets and artists while being in the kitchen. Only slave-driving greedy employers require 40 hours work a week.

  5. #25
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This really got me to thinking...

    McDonald's serves 7.4 billion people a day. If McDonald's would raise the price of service by one penny per customer, that would generate $704,000 per day x 365 = $256,000,000 per year to pay for their employee's health insurance. Think they could manage? I do. Think you could pay a lousy penny more??
    Yes, I would gladly pay a penny more, think Micky D's is gonna do it?
    Think Walmart would raise prices to increase workers benefits or salaries?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #26
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Yes, I would gladly pay a penny more, think Micky D's is gonna do it?
    Think Walmart would raise prices to increase workers benefits or salaries?
    Well! Interesting! WalMart does almost the same as McDonald's daily: 7.2 billion transactions. Put a one-penny surcharge on every transaction, and they'd generate quite a nice piece of change!!

  7. #27
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This really got me to thinking...

    McDonald's serves 7.4 billion people a day. If McDonald's would raise the price of service by one penny per customer, that would generate $704,000 per day x 365 = $256,000,000 per year to pay for their employee's health insurance. Think they could manage? I do. Think you could pay a lousy penny more??
    I doubt McDonald's makes a penny off a $1 item. Big doesn't equate to profitable and McDonalds are franchises, meaning independently owns for which the size of McDonalds isn't exactly relevant in my opinion. Or did you mean customers could pay a penny more?

    A penny is not going to cover employee health insurance. McDonalds has 500,000 employees in the USA. 1,700,000 million worldwide. I'd try to calculate that per employee but I'd get messed up with all the zeros.

  8. #28
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This really got me to thinking...

    McDonald's serves 7.4 billion people a day. If McDonald's would raise the price of service by one penny per customer, that would generate $704,000 per day x 365 = $256,000,000 per year to pay for their employee's health insurance. Think they could manage? I do. Think you could pay a lousy penny more??
    Actually, that would be $75 million a day, though I dont think they serve that many people a day. I'm not even sure there are that many people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #29
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I doubt McDonald's makes a penny off a $1 item. Big doesn't equate to profitable and McDonalds are franchises, meaning independently owns for which the size of McDonalds isn't exactly relevant in my opinion. Or did you mean customers could pay a penny more?

    A penny is not going to cover employee health insurance. McDonalds has 500,000 employees in the USA. 1,700,000 million worldwide. I'd try to calculate that per employee but I'd get messed up with all the zeros.
    Showing one penny as a surcharge for employee health insurance wouldn't cause too many people to get upset. Lordy. And, of course, they're already providing health insurance for many/most of their employees, so the surcharge would relate to the ACA. *shrug* It doesn't sound like much when one breaks it down this way, does it?

  10. #30
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well! Interesting! WalMart does almost the same as McDonald's daily: 7.2 billion transactions. Put a one-penny surcharge on every transaction, and they'd generate quite a nice piece of change!!
    But that's not corporate mentality. They see the employee as the enemy.

    When I taught people how to sell products, I always told them to start out with the highest priced items that they could, so they could negotiate downwards from there. Because if they started too low in pricing, there was nowhere else to go if the buyer wanted a lower price to haggle over.

    It's the same with big companies. They want to negotiate employees at a lower starting salary, not higher, so they keep them at the most minimum base pay, possible.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •