View Poll Results: Questions regarding discrimination

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is he discriminating against white power rallies?

    16 76.19%
  • Is he discriminating against white people?

    1 4.76%
  • If there is discrimination, should it be legally allowed?

    13 61.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 131

Thread: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

  1. #101
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Should a muslim caterer be forced to prepare and serve a pork dinner for a customer?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #102
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    There is, of course, one main difference between this question and the legal challanges some bakeries may have recently encountered, the main one being that the bakery carried on regular business with gays but balked at the gay wedding cake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Would you say the same for the Black Panthers or Jesse Jackson trying to hire a white caterer?
    The Black Panthers? Absolutely! They are without a doubt a militant group just like the KKK. People could object to serving either one on those grounds alone. I certainly would refuse service in both cases.


    Jesse Jackson? No.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 02-27-14 at 11:23 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #103
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Should a muslim caterer be forced to prepare and serve a pork dinner for a customer?
    Someone should request it and if denied by the caterer, file a lawsuit.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Should a muslim caterer be forced to prepare and serve a pork dinner for a customer?
    once again you do not understand the law lol


    please keep these coming because they are funny
    tell us again how equal rights does not apply to all genders and races again

    can you point to the illegal discrimination in your case, id love to read it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #105
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    1. Is the owner discriminating against catering "White Power" events?
    Obviously, yes

    2. Is the owner discriminating against white people?
    Obviously, no.

    3. If there is discrimination, is it discrimination that should be legally allowed?
    Yes. AFAIK, the KKK is not a protected class nor do they have the grounds for being declared a protected class.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #106
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    once again you do not understand the law lol


    please keep these coming because they are funny
    tell us again how equal rights does not apply to all genders and races again

    can you point to the illegal discrimination in your case, id love to read it
    I asked a question. If you think there is no discrimination, please explain
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #107
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Then you must also agree with other types of discrimination, such as by religion, belief, or sexual orientation I assume?
    No, this is just circumstantial.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  8. #108
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Really? Suppose it was a white caterer and they refused to serve a Jesse Jackson (or Al Sharpton) rally based on the "political message"?
    Jesse Jackson treats whites as a racial inferior and praises blacks as the master race now?

    Just stop.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  9. #109
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Jesse Jackson treats whites as a racial inferior and praises blacks as the master race now?

    Just stop.
    replace Jesse Jackson with Louis Farakhan.....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #110
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Is this unreasonable/illegal discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I asked a question. If you think there is no discrimination, please explain

    well youll have to ask your question better because right now it mentally retarded and doesn't apply in anyway to discrimination the way we are talking about it.

    you clarify your question and ill gladly answer it

    are you honestly asking me:

    "if you want to FORCE a caterer to carry something they don't should you be allowed?"

    is this honestly your question? lol

    let us know. . . . please
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •