View Poll Results: We should be raising our daughters

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • like it's the 1700's - dependent and submissive

    3 3.03%
  • as princesses

    6 6.06%
  • no different than how we raise our sons

    17 17.17%
  • to be independent and strong individuals

    66 66.67%
  • squirrel ......

    7 7.07%
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 427

Thread: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

  1. #151
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,706

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Literally everyone does .
    I disagree. The more one acquires power over another person, the less the dominant person understands what the subordinate one is feeling.

    But I notice you didn't answer the question. Given that apparently you know American's daughter and how to raise her better than he does, how many children have you, yourself, raised?

    Because the answer that you gave indicates that number is zero, and that you are still caught in the teenage angst of being angry at mommy and daddy.
    If this is the attitude you used to raise your daughter, then I feel sorry for her. No wonder she broke free.

    Do not even try this "I'm a parent and your not, so I know better" BS with me. That is an absurd lie and is rooted deeply in patriarchy. As I said before, that sounds like one of the many excuses child abusers give. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not accusing you of being a child abuser, but I am saying that that rationale is absolutely pathetic.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  2. #152
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,706

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    As many of you already know, I have raised 5 daughters. So I have a little bit of experience.


    I know I did something right because they are all happy, healthy, well-adjusted adults in their mid-20s now.


    I taught them to be strong, both physically and mentally. I had a gym in the basement and started them all on strength training when they were about 7 or 8 and they started martial arts training around the same age.


    From an early age I taught them to enjoy exercise rather than loathe it. Today, my 4th daughter is a high school biology teacher by day and a personal trainer and kickboxing instructor in the evening, on the weekends and in the summer. She is planning on opening a fitness center. I've no doubt that she will be successful in that endeavor. She was always the enterprising one.


    I also taught them all about nutrition and taught them to ignore the misinformation regarding nutrition that their school and the government will spew at them.


    I think that being very healthy, looking good and not being physically intimidated by males are key to a girl's self-confidence.


    It also gave me confidence when they started dating. I wasn't afraid of them getting date raped because they could whoop ass. By the time they started dating they had several years of martial arts training.


    I've always valued physical fitness and have instilled that value into their psyche.


    I also taught my daughters that they deserve respect and if someone doesn't respect them then that person deserves no respect in return. Respect is a two way street.


    I also taught them all to meditate in order to maintain peace of mind and improve their concentration.


    I also believed in being a nonjudgmental parent. This made it easier for them to talk to me about anything. Kept an open line of communication.


    And a tip for those of you with young daughters. The Girl Scouts organization is about more than selling cookies. I highly recommend it.
    All five of your daughters had damn well better sing your praises at your funeral--an event that I hope does not happen for a long time.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #153
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,706

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    You are a sick and nasty weasel for calling American a child abuser.

    To Hell with you.
    Nope, I never said that. Reread my post IN CONTEXT.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  4. #154
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Who is we?
    Either my girlfriend or I

  5. #155
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,063

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I disagree. The more one acquires power over another person, the less the dominant person understands what the subordinate one is feeling.
    You appear to be confusing empathy with memory.

    If this is the attitude you used to raise your daughter, then I feel sorry for her. No wonder she broke free.
    As mentioned above, my daughter is an infant. It was American's daughter whom you subtly accused him of abusing, despite the fact that you literally know nothing about his parenting style.

    Do not even try this "I'm a parent and your not, so I know better" BS with me.
    I certainly know my own children and what they need better than you do.

    That is an absurd lie and is rooted deeply in patriarchy
    clearly you've never listened to a group of mothers describe people who offer parenting advice to them. Is "Patriarchy" just what you call anything you dislike, or find inconvenient?

    As I said before, that sounds like one of the many excuses child abusers give.
    then you are only demonstrating your evidence not only of parenting, but also of child abusers.

    Don't misunderstand me, I'm not accusing you of being a child abuser, but I am saying that that rationale is absolutely pathetic.
    And you say that because you've never raised a child.

  6. #156
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,063

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Nope, I never said that. Reread my post IN CONTEXT.
    Please. You accused American of child abuse. You did it implicitly, but you did it. Now you're trying to walk it back because it's an amazingly, bone-headed idiotic thing to say, and you did so because you were reacting emotionally rather than thoughtfully, but you did it nonetheless.

  7. #157
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Either my girlfriend or I
    Why do you say we when talking to your daughter? I make sure I never do that with my son.

    Why do you incoude yourselves in what she needs to do or not do?

  8. #158
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Moderator's Warning:
    How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]Cease the personal crap, people.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Do not even try this "I'm a parent and your not, so I know better" BS with me.
    It is not BS.

    It's absolutely ridiculous and the height of arrogance for people who don't even have kids to start giving advice about parenting. Not only that, it's annoying.

    In the first post you can tell that the OP doesn't have any kids because of the dumb questions.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    re: How We Raise Our Daughters - 21st Century [W:87,158,368]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post

    In the first post you can tell that the OP doesn't have any kids because of the dumb questions.
    Are you some kind of nitwit?

    I have two children. Two DAUGHTERS.

    I've posted about them in this thread - which you've obviously FAILED to read.


Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •