View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 82 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #811
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    If given the chance to re-marry would you marry (another) American woman?

    Increasingly the answer is "no".

    Men are increasingly disrespected by American women. They face extreme economic and social disadvantages in family law that makes it possible for a wife to divorce them and take most of what they have including their children for any reason or no reason. They are constantly told that they are worthless and stupid. Disrespect for men has become standard practice. Men are disrespected by their wives – they’re disrespected publicly, they’re disrespected privately, they’re disrespected and then told that they have no right to be upset about it because they aren’t worthy of respect in the first place.

    Disrespect of men is a joke to Americans now.

    The result has been that men are increasingly dropping out of society. They don't marry, they don't go to college because they see no reason to break their humps to get ready to provide for a family -- they aren't going to be having a family.

    Lots has been written about this phenomena, most of it in the strain of "why is it that men are so childish now." But men are not dropping out because of arrested development. They are acting rationally in response to myriad laws, attitudes and hostility against them for the crime of happening to be male in the twenty-first century.

    Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters: Helen Smith: 9781594036750: Amazon.com: Books
    As a non-American, I'd just like to throw in my two cents (eurocents from Berlin, that is):

    I too found that here in the rather "liberal" city of Berlin (where it's really hard to find a genuine conservative who's not at least *somewhat* liberalized), it was very difficult for me to find people who share my values (and I don't even think I'm conservative, I just value trust, commitment and mutual loyalty when it comes to both friendship and relationship), and it wasn't easy to find the right girlfriend/wife here, but I did (and no, she's not a Muslim immigrant, lol).

    It seems to me that the atheist-liberal mainstream culture here, although I'm probably part of it too to some extent (I share many liberal ideas), has created a culture of superficiality. People in their late twens who still behave like in their late teens, going to clubs several nights per week, only care about what's "cool" and what's not, judging people by looks and talking bad even about their "friends" the moment they leave the room -- and often only interested in superficial fun, but incapable of starting a serious relationship, even when they want.

    However, I don't have the impression that's limited to one gender, and the connection to political leaning is weak at best. It's both guys and girls who behave like that. And many "conservative" people are actually hypocrites and do secretly the same thing.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  2. #812
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    So...as of now, less then 20% of voters are willing to summarily judge over 150 million women solely on the basis of their present nationality.

    Good.

  3. #813
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    (and I don't even think I'm conservative, I just value trust, commitment and mutual loyalty when it comes to both friendship and relationship)
    that's a maturity thing, nothing to do with political leanings. I value the same things in relationships and I have a completely different political lean.

    I would venture to guess, most of the respected members here from the our fascists, to our libertarians, to our liberal types, to our conservative types, to those who aren't so easily labeled all value things like trust, commitment, and loyalty within a personal relationship. Those respected members tend to be grown ups.

  4. #814
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Maybe you can't find a good woman because you need to work on yourself? I agree about the school situation though. I do think that, because of the way school is set up, that it makes it much more difficult for boys. I think that boys are more "hands-on" when it comes to learning and, of course, they are normally more "physical" when it comes to how they interact, but I think this has very little to do with your issues with women.
    Amusing. Did I say that I can't find a good woman?

    No matter how many different ways you say it it still comes down to blaming men for everything. Disrespecting men has become second nature.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #815
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Other than perhaps shop classes - when has school ever been a hands-on type of environment?

    100 years ago was math, english, writing, reading, a hands-on learning process?

    Some science stuff is obviously, but generally speaking in the early 1900's was school hands-on and interactive?
    I never said it was. I just said I think that is how a lot of boys learn. Here's an interesting article. Now, I don't necessarily agree with everything in the article, and I don't think female teachers CONSCIOUSLY discriminate against boys. However, I think that, because a lot of times the nature of boys is more aggressive, that boys sometimes might get "labelled" by female teachers as being out of control or not willing to learn because they don't understand boys and expect them to behave in the same manner as female students. Boys are the ones who go to the doctors to be medicated on the advice of teachers a lot of times, as being labelled "hyperactive."

    Elementary School Bias Against Boys Sets Them Up For Failure: Study

    Academics from the University of Georgia and Columbia University think they have more insight into why girls earn higher grades on report cards than boys do, despite the fact that girls do not necessarily outperform boys on achievement or IQ tests.

    Christopher Cornwell, head of economics at the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business, UGA's David Mustard and Columbia's Jessica Van Parys have published a study that they say shows "gender disparities in teacher grades start early and uniformly favor girls."

    The researchers analyzed data from 5,800 elementary school students and found that boys performed better on standardized exams in math, reading and science than their course grades reflected. The authors suggest that girls are truly only outperforming boys in "non-cognitive approaches to learning" -- defined as attentiveness, task persistence, eagerness to learn, learning independence, flexibility and organization -- leading to better grades from teachers. The study is published in the latest issue of The Journal of Human Resources.

  6. #816
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Amusing. Did I say that I can't find a good woman?

    No matter how many different ways you say it it still comes down to blaming men for everything. Disrespecting men has become second nature.
    I thought it was Obama we were supposed to be blaming!

  7. #817
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Amusing. Did I say that I can't find a good woman?

    No matter how many different ways you say it it still comes down to blaming men for everything. Disrespecting men has become second nature.
    Pretty much.

  8. #818
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Pretty much.
    I found a good woman pretty quickly after my divorce, may its not women in general that are the problem. I have never had trouble finding good women, even if the relationship didn't always work out ...

    Look at the case of tigger, think about who he is versus how long it took him to find someone he considered suitable ...

    Perhaps one should examine their own unrealistic standards ...

  9. #819
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    As a non-American, I'd just like to throw in my two cents (eurocents from Berlin, that is):

    I too found that here in the rather "liberal" city of Berlin (where it's really hard to find a genuine conservative who's not at least *somewhat* liberalized), it was very difficult for me to find people who share my values (and I don't even think I'm conservative, I just value trust, commitment and mutual loyalty when it comes to both friendship and relationship), and it wasn't easy to find the right girlfriend/wife here, but I did (and no, she's not a Muslim immigrant, lol).

    It seems to me that the atheist-liberal mainstream culture here, although I'm probably part of it too to some extent (I share many liberal ideas), has created a culture of superficiality. People in their late twens who still behave like in their late teens, going to clubs several nights per week, only care about what's "cool" and what's not, judging people by looks and talking bad even about their "friends" the moment they leave the room -- and often only interested in superficial fun, but incapable of starting a serious relationship, even when they want.

    However, I don't have the impression that's limited to one gender, and the connection to political leaning is weak at best. It's both guys and girls who behave like that. And many "conservative" people are actually hypocrites and do secretly the same thing.
    This is an aspect of the culture I'm not very familiar with. I never joined in for that sort of thing, going straight from university to professional school and by then married. And I didn't live in an area where this kind of thing was very active, or at least it was my impression.

    Of the people who do this sort of thing how many form lasting relationships?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  10. #820
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,564

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I never said it was. I just said I think that is how a lot of boys learn. Here's an interesting article. Now, I don't necessarily agree with everything in the article, and I don't think female teachers CONSCIOUSLY discriminate against boys. However, I think that, because a lot of times the nature of boys is more aggressive, that boys sometimes might get "labelled" by female teachers as being out of control or not willing to learn because they don't understand boys and expect them to behave in the same manner as female students. Boys are the ones who go to the doctors to be medicated on the advice of teachers a lot of times, as being labelled "hyperactive."

    Elementary School Bias Against Boys Sets Them Up For Failure: Study

    So would it be "ideal" then to segregate children into boys only classes, and girls only classes, and have the boys taught by men, and the gitrls taught by women?

    Not being sarcastic here..... but I think you'll find that there are probably more men teaching kids now than there was 60 years ago. At least in the primary school age range.

    I'm just not buying into the idea that there's a massive male-discrimination thing happening.

    Men/boys are not victims.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •