View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 81 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #801
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,526

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    You should probably catch up on what's been going on in this thread.
    Nawwhhh...I've been on vacation for the past few weeks and I missed messin with ya...

  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Nawwhhh...I've been on vacation for the past few weeks and I missed messin with ya...

  3. #803
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,526

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    .......................
    Ahhhhhh, thanks Mr. Thomas. A hug is always welcomed....if you aren't really a lizard or a dragon.

    But it might good to share that I've been to the end of the world....and walked amongst the Antarctica beast. Yes...among thousands of adorable little penguins and seal lions...and watch the whales frolic in the frigid waters.

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Ahhhhhh, thanks Mr. Thomas. A hug is always welcomed....if you aren't really a lizard or a dragon.

    But it might good to share that I've been to the end of the world....and walked amongst the Antarctica beast. Yes...among thousands of adorable little penguins and seal lions...and watch the whales frolic in the frigid waters.
    Nice. Work, I assume?

  5. #805
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,526

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Nice. Work, I assume?
    No...really...vacation.

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    No...really...vacation.
    Sounds interesting. You should post pictures in the Tavern, if you took any.

    I've never been anywhere colder than Maine or Germany, myself. The Antarctic would be quite an experience.

  7. #807
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,526

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Sounds interesting. You should post pictures in the Tavern, if you took any.

    I've never been anywhere colder than Maine or Germany, myself. The Antarctic would be quite an experience.
    I might do that. I have a few hundred. But it may surprise you that it is summertime there...and it was a bit warm. I was actually in Ushuaia, Argentina, which is known as the City At The End of the World. We were just a hop-skip-and jump from the Antarctica. Actually we were on islands just north of the Antarctica that were home to all these great creatures.

    During the winter in Ushuaia...it can get subzero temps. And yes, we had to wear warm clothing. But not for extreme cold.

    Sadly, it hadn't snowed in that region we were at for the past couple of years. It's getting warmer and warmer. When the cold spell hit the northeast a month back, it was colder there than in the Antarctica.

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Hey, it worked for Trump and his ever-loving consort.
    Well, we don't really know how "happy" either of them really are. I'm sure the money helps to make the both of them happier with their situations. Besides, I think she KNEW who Donald Trump was, and I never heard that she was a mail order bride.

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    For those who posted to pour scorn on men as "whining" about the way men are being treated in American society, you're just proving my point, are you not?

    To be clear, the OP was not a call to order a bride from Russia or turn to other foreign women. The main point was the way men are being treated and regarded in American society. If you claim not to know what I'm referring to then you are being willfully blind and disenginious. The discussion started with marriage because marriage is the locus of many of the legal and societal sanctions against men, and American women are particularly inclined to take full advantage of the lack of fairness, even regarding it as their birthright. Which is why so many men are voting with their feet and avoiding the roles of husband, father, and provider.

    It goes far, far beyond male dissatisfaction over the loss of traditional male roles and into the realm of unreasonable hatred and bigotry being directed toward men for no more than being men. Legal sanctions against men and disrespect of men are also strong on college campuses, and so we have seen a drop in male enrollment.

    But it starts even earlier than that, with boys being shunted to alternative schools and drugged for acting like boys instead of like girls, which is what teachers, which are almost all women, prefer. It isn't any wonder that by they time they leave high school many young men have had their fill of academe.
    Maybe you can't find a good woman because you need to work on yourself? I agree about the school situation though. I do think that, because of the way school is set up, that it makes it much more difficult for boys. I think that boys are more "hands-on" when it comes to learning and, of course, they are normally more "physical" when it comes to how they interact, but I think this has very little to do with your issues with women.

  10. #810
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,552

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Maybe you can't find a good woman because you need to work on yourself? I agree about the school situation though. I do think that, because of the way school is set up, that it makes it much more difficult for boys. I think that boys are more "hands-on" when it comes to learning and, of course, they are normally more "physical" when it comes to how they interact, but I think this has very little to do with your issues with women.
    Other than perhaps shop classes - when has school ever been a hands-on type of environment?

    100 years ago was math, english, writing, reading, a hands-on learning process?

    Some science stuff is obviously, but generally speaking in the early 1900's was school hands-on and interactive?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •