View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 61 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #601
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Anyone can say they know a sh*tload of couples together for decades. That in no way still negates the facts about the risks involved with getting involved with modern American women. Now don't you fool yourself.
    Well, you go back to your crappy relationships and I'll stay with my successful one. Ever stop to think that it might not be American women, it might be you?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #602
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,915

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Agreed....you can easily *see* guys on the hunt all the time. How serious they are, I dont know. Maybe just looking to have sex but I go to alot of different functions and events and there are guys there, available and looking, and that's for more than sex. Same with women I'd say.
    True. I saw them at a function I was at this weekend and there wasn't a drop of alcohol in sight.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, we shouldn't automatically ignore what happens in other cultures, but I am in no way doing that. The situations are entirely different. What men in japan are responding to and how they are responding to it is entirely different than what men are responding to in America and how they are responding to it. If the situations were similar I would gladly talk of it, but they're not.
    Men are men, regardless of where they're from. After adjusting for cultural norms, it's NO different - it's still insecure men who are feeling threatened by women who don't need them as much as they did before.
    ďTo do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what heís doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #604
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Right on girl! Every word.

    For someone who values are traditional, why not church? Politically interested? Get involved with a candidate or party. There are loads of groups representing many varied interests listed in my paper every day. The internet makes it much easier to locate events as well.

    If one is truly interested, a marriageable person can be found.
    I tried to hook up with the Bush twins, but they were way too conservative for my taste.

  5. #605
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Well, you go back to your crappy relationships and I'll stay with my successful one. Ever stop to think that it might not be American women, it might be you?
    Glad you resorted to shaming language and ad hominems. All the more reason to write off your brand of "logic."

    You can continue arguing with yourself. Have a good evening.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  6. #606
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,522
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    I think so many modern marriages fail because the people go into them with the attitude that if it doesn't work out, we'll just get a divorce and that will be that. Or they go into it for self gratification rather than to form an inseparable one out of the two.

    But as many have said, there are plenty of women around who want the 'what God has joined together' scenario of sharing lives together, being a witness to each other's lives, and for better or worse having each other's back. And they look for men with the same values.

    Those kinds of marriages rarely ever end in divorce.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Agreed....you can easily *see* guys on the hunt all the time. How serious they are, I dont know. Maybe just looking to have sex but I go to alot of different functions and events and there are guys there, available and looking, and that's for more than sex. Same with women I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Right on girl! Every word.

    For someone who values are traditional, why not church? Politically interested? Get involved with a candidate or party. There are loads of groups representing many varied interests listed in my paper every day. The internet makes it much easier to locate events as well.

    If one is truly interested, a marriageable person can be found.
    No one said that they weren't around.

    These days, however; they simply tend to be the exception, rather than the rule in demographics under thirty.

    Frankly, the fact that it is even necessary to basically bend over backwards to find anyone interested in something halfway serious (and even then, the vast majority of such relationships ultimately wind up ending in divorce) should really tell you something about the state of gender relations in our current society in and of itself.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-26-14 at 05:10 PM.

  8. #608
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The fact that lots of people are bad at it in no way disproves my point.
    It wasn't meant to

    I made a statement about myself, not about your comment. You aren't addressing my points, and so I'm not addressing yours; which in turn proves my argument that Americans do not act in good faith towards each-other.

    Better is to believe in a magic sky fairy than be so self-centered and naive.

    Marriage is at-will, not a commitment for life. Your wife can walk away at any moment, the sooner your realize that, the better.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-26-14 at 05:11 PM.

  9. #609
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Especially when over 70% of divorces are initiated by women.

    A modern American woman can literally cash in her marriage when she feels like it, at the detriment of the husband, who will be broke for the next 20 years. Or for the rest of his life.
    LMAO Yeah...blame women completely when they are only HALF the equation.

    Is this really a surprise? I'd dump him too for cheating. More women would (and should IMO) except for the kids' sake.

    Top 10 Reasons Why Women Divorce | Cindy Holbrook | YourTango


    Not all have it at Number 1 but it's always in the short list. However the other top reasons certainly show *why* the blame doesnt all fall on the woman. Again..men are just pissed off that women now HAVE more options and independence and dont have to accept bad marriages anymore. (that 'control thing.)

    Why Are Most Divorces Filed by Women?

    "A generation ago, women were less likely to file for divorce if in an unhappy or abusive marriage. Most were financially dependent on their spouse and feared the social stigma of divorce.

    Today women are more likely to have careers of their own, are less financially dependent on their spouse and no longer fear the social stigma of divorce. Women are more educated and more empowered, which keeps them from accepting abuse or a marriage that is not meeting their needs.

    Below Are A Few Reasons Why Most Divorces Are Initiated By Women:

    1. Seeking Relief From a Bad Marriage

    2. Escape Domestic Abuse

    3. Women are Less Tolerant of Infidelity"


    Men want to be able to be crap husbands and now have much less power to stop women from having to deal with them. They dont like the 'less power' thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #610
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'Racial' characteristics?

    You had a 'racial' criteria?
    You're the outlier here so please spare us the moral superiority schtick. This cheap peacocking of yours is tiring to read. Here's the deal:

    White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else—and Asian and Hispanic women prefer them even more exclusively. These three types of women only respond well to white men. More significantly, these groups’ reply rates to non-whites is terrible. Asian women write back non-white males at 21.9%, Hispanic women at 22.9%, and white women at 23.0%. It’s here where things get interesting, for white women in particular. If you look at the match-by-race table before this one, the “should-look-like” one, you see that white women have an above-average compatibility with almost every group. Yet they only reply well to guys who look like them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •