View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 58 of 164 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #571
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's also a ridiculous quote, for a million reasons.

    Seattle...urban and rural....super active, women's groups doing outdoor activities, athletes, and also involved doing with men. And it's not just the Seattle area....women all over are in the gyms, out running, hiking, gardening, doing all sorts of activities.

    Myself and my friends...we run our own farms for God's sake...who is doing that work? We are. We fish, shoot, ride, camp, hike, ride quads...we do it together and we do it with our men who love it.

    For any woman who just stays home and shops or does her nails there are just as many men sitting there playing video games or *watching* sports.

    Women are very active and physical. RiverDad's overgeneralization is ridiculous...it doesnt even fit the 50s.
    Did he ever claim that women couldn't be physically active?

    I think you might have missed his point.

  2. #572
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    That post is just plain left wing extremist nonsense from another strange left wing "We're all victims!" source.
    You asked her for one source...she gave it and now you dismiss it because you dont like the source. And it's a legit source. Feel free to prove otherwise.

    It's not some fantasy...there was blame laid for Romeny weakening his women's vote pool because he refused to sign a state law the demanded equal pay for women.

    Why Romney Doesn't Support Equal Pay For Women, In One Picture | ThinkProgress

    Mitt Romney and Lilly Ledbetter Equal Pay Act: "We'll Have to Get Back to You on That"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #573
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Did he ever claim that women couldn't be physically active?

    I think you might have missed his point.
    Pretty sure you missed my point...I was indicating that women ARE physically active, as he implied we were not. Did you even see the post Sang quoted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #574
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Pretty sure you missed my point...I was indicating that women ARE physically active, as he implied we were not. Did you even see the post Sang quoted?
    Yes. It said nothing whatsoever about women not being physically active. It simply said that many men were pursuing activities other than those which make them desirable to potential mates.

    He included physical pursuits as an example of such activities, which you seem to have taken as evidence that he believes women cannot do the same.

    That was never so much as implied by his post, nor does a focus on physical activity appear to have been his point in writing it in the first place.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-26-14 at 02:43 PM.

  5. #575
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You asked her for one source...she gave it and now you dismiss it because you dont like the source. And it's a legit source. Feel free to prove otherwise.

    It's not some fantasy...there was blame laid for Romeny weakening his women's vote pool because he refused to sign a state law the demanded equal pay for women.

    Why Romney Doesn't Support Equal Pay For Women, In One Picture | ThinkProgress

    Mitt Romney and Lilly Ledbetter Equal Pay Act: "We'll Have to Get Back to You on That"
    Let's work on that reading comprehension a little bit. I didn't ask for some Liberal victim BS publication, I asked for "one specific place" where it happens.

    You don't seem to be able to provide one yourself, you just know that you're a victim somehow. That's pretty much the point of the thread, isn't it?

  6. #576
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I disagree. There are far more similarities than there are differences.

    The only differences are a matter of degree, not fundamental structure.
    Yet you can't identify those similarities and support them with evidence. You even had to go as far as inanely claiming that Japan is a post-feminist society when it's actually one of the worst for gender equality amongst all the industrialized nations


    Are you really going to deny that persons living at home well into their twenties has become more common over the course of the last decade in the United States?

    A record 21.6 million millennials live with Mom and Dad

    Get real, Sangha.

    Again, the same issues exist here as exist in Japan. The only difference is the matter of degree.
    In Japan, they live with their parents forever, not just into their 20's. It's qualitatively different.


    No, it is associated with being a loser in Japan after a certain age as well. These men would not have picked up the derogatory "grass eating" moniker they currently carry otherwise.

    Herbivore Men
    And here's another instance of you seeing things that aren't there. There is no mention of it being associated with a social stigma and certainly not the way it is in the US

    Over 50% of unmarried men and women under the age of thirty report not having had sex within the last year.

    The Kinsey Institute

    The decline of dating also well documented.
    So now you're contradicting your own claims that you've made that kids today are having too much sex. Suddenly, you believe they're having very little sex.

    Who, according to many feminists in this country, are being discriminated against, make less money than their males peers, and are often passed over for promotions due to their children.

    They make it work.
    Now you're using a feminist argument that even you don't believe. That is pretty dishonest.


    Prove that their situation has anything whatsoever to do with mine.
    As you said, actions matter. If you wanted to be married, you would be married - just like you described the Japanese.

    I'm 25. I have the luxury.

    Many of the people in Japan we are discussing are in their mid to late thirties.

    If they wanted to be married, they could be.
    If you wanted to be married, you could be.

    It would appear that many women prefer their temp jobs to the prospect of marriage.
    No, you're just imagining that.

    Your link goes to an article about orange juice. Not sure what that has to do with this discussion

    It has been trending no where but up for the last several years.
    I posted proof that it has been going down for the last 30 years.


    Low birth rates, low marriage rates, sexual discrimination in the work force, and stagnant economies hampering youth economic opportunities are universal in the industrialized world today.
    The first I have already agreed are similar, but even you have admitted that they are primarily due to economic factors not cultural ones so it's not because the Japanese are abandoning traditional values.

    The fact that they engage in sexual discrimination is another indication that they are clinging to traditional values. And the economic stagnation is only a few years in most of the western nations. In Japan, it's been going on for 30 years. Maybe in 25 years, you'll have a point.

    Again, that is their perception. It is not necessarily reality.

    Why don't you stop evading the question and post some sources detailing costs of living in Japan and what it costs to raise a family?
    I guess you know more about what they can afford than they do

    All that has been established so far is that Japanese men and women alike are whiners, who would rather not even try to raise a family than put in the effort to make the situation work.
    Actually what has been established is that american men are whiners.

    Post up the data then.

    How does average income compare with the bare minimum (i.e. not the 'ideal') required to raise a family?
    I already have, but feel free to post some evidence that contradicts the facts I've posted. So far, you've posted nothing to show how single men in Japan are making enough to support a family

    It's exactly as credible as anything you have provided so far.
    Yes, charts showing the employment rates for single men and women in Japan are no more credible than an internet poll of 300 self-selected people.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #577
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post


    Feminism in Japan



    So what? It was an ideologically motivated decision.
    So what? They are still the most unequal industrialized nation when it comes to gender.


    Japan might be a bit less woman friendly than some other parts of the world, but that doesn't mean that feminism has not had an impact.
    Might be? It's the worst!!

    You are once again demonstrating how you ignore any and all evidence which contradicts your inane beliefs.

    If I were to marry right now, I would be in abject poverty; able to afford neither food, shelter, nor clothing.
    IOW, you have abandoned traditional values in preference for material comfort.

    Again, that is not a matter of necessity. It is a matter of personal preference.
    Sounds like your situation

    And they would appear to be making the choice to remain celibate and single in spite of other options being available.
    Again, sounds like your situation.

    You do realize that the only thing that excerpt pointed to was a greater abundance of MMOs and Smart Phone apps, right?

    I'd hardly consider that to be a world altering difference.
    You do realize your completely wrong and it pointed to how crowded Japan is and how they lack as much privacy as we have. It says it right there in the part she bolded, and you *still* don't see it!
    it's an overcrowded nation with limited physical space.
    And you think that is only talking about technology!!


    You are once again competely ignoring any evidence that contradicts your inane beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #578
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    That's only when people rush to the altar and don't take the time to get to know their prospective mate. If you haven't known them for at least 5 years, you're doing it too fast.
    I beleive that as well. The real personality comes out inthe 3 to 4 year range.

  9. #579
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,497

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    We already went over that. Read the book and come back to the thread, or just do what everyone else is doing and post about Japan for some stupid reason.

    Really people, the problems in japan are not related to ours.
    FYI, people are people are people. Individuals and cultures may vary wildly, but generally speaking, people are pretty much the same all over. That's why we shouldn't automatically ignore what happens in other cultures by thinking it doesn't apply to us.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #580
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    If given the chance to re-marry would you marry (another) American woman?

    Increasingly the answer is "no".

    Men are increasingly disrespected by American women. They face extreme economic and social disadvantages in family law that makes it possible for a wife to divorce them and take most of what they have including their children for any reason or no reason. They are constantly told that they are worthless and stupid. Disrespect for men has become standard practice. Men are disrespected by their wives – they’re disrespected publicly, they’re disrespected privately, they’re disrespected and then told that they have no right to be upset about it because they aren’t worthy of respect in the first place.

    Disrespect of men is a joke to Americans now.

    The result has been that men are increasingly dropping out of society. They don't marry, they don't go to college because they see no reason to break their humps to get ready to provide for a family -- they aren't going to be having a family.

    Lots has been written about this phenomena, most of it in the strain of "why is it that men are so childish now." But men are not dropping out because of arrested development. They are acting rationally in response to myriad laws, attitudes and hostility against them for the crime of happening to be male in the twenty-first century.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...tag=insta0c-20
    Story of my life right there.

    Preach it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •