View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 26 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #251
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Interesting. Women are doing this too you know. I think I may fit that pattern, except I'm pretty happy with my piece of the American Dream. What makes the author think that these men are missing out on 'their' American Dream? (I havent read it, it may be covered.):

    Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters: Helen Smith: 9781594036750: Amazon.com: Books

    We chose to live together, we decided we didnt want kids, so werent all that motivated to get married. It didnt mean all that much to us. For 11 of 13 yrs, we had a very good relationship. Then it was just basically over....kinda quietly, no drama, etc. We went our separate ways. The separation actually gave me more opportunity to pursue what I'd always wanted.

    I opted out of marriage, and kids. No regrets. I have several female friends in similar situations. Several women, but I can only think of one man. Interesting.

    However I think it's indicative that not only men are 'opting out' of traditional roles.' Altho I suppose the OP and the book are implying that it's American women's faults that men are doing so.

    Edit: and btw, I cant knock it. I think way too many people are pressured into marriage...and kids...by family and by society. Too early and too much. Not everyone is cut out for it.
    Last edited by Lursa; 02-25-14 at 03:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    However I think it's indicative that not only men are 'opting out' of traditional roles.' Altho I suppose the OP and the book are implying that it's American women's faults that men are doing so.
    It's not about traditional gender roles, hell, it's not about that at all. Your entire post was nonsense really.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It's not about traditional gender roles, hell, it's not about that at all. Your entire post was nonsense really.
    Did you read the book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Did you read the book?
    Yes. I said as much already, didn't I?

  5. #255
    Student Jayhawker30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-26-15 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    215

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    How well can she cook?
    It is of them who learned of freedom that you should ask what freedom is. Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars, for those with little wings have not accepted within themselves that power to share with you.

  6. #256
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes. I said as much already, didn't I?
    I dont know, I wasnt quoting you.

    I read the Amazon blurb, that's how it sounded. I mean what else are marriage and kids related to? Even the American Dream is completely family oriented.

    Feel free to explain 'the nonsense.'

    This topic certainly has some men quite defensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    If given the chance to re-marry would you marry (another) American woman?

    Increasingly the answer is "no".

    Men are increasingly disrespected by American women. They face extreme economic and social disadvantages in family law that makes it possible for a wife to divorce them and take most of what they have including their children for any reason or no reason. They are constantly told that they are worthless and stupid. Disrespect for men has become standard practice. Men are disrespected by their wives – they’re disrespected publicly, they’re disrespected privately, they’re disrespected and then told that they have no right to be upset about it because they aren’t worthy of respect in the first place.

    Disrespect of men is a joke to Americans now.

    The result has been that men are increasingly dropping out of society. They don't marry, they don't go to college because they see no reason to break their humps to get ready to provide for a family -- they aren't going to be having a family.

    Lots has been written about this phenomena, most of it in the strain of "why is it that men are so childish now." But men are not dropping out because of arrested development. They are acting rationally in response to myriad laws, attitudes and hostility against them for the crime of happening to be male in the twenty-first century.

    Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters: Helen Smith: 9781594036750: Amazon.com: Books
    No offense, but the above is absolute nonsense.

    Men are not more disrespected...they are just less blindly respected. Good men are respected. Bad ones are not. And semi-good ones are semi-respected. Same with women.

    Yes, gone (or going) are the days that men had almost all the political/economic power. I am a WASP male...and even I don't want those days to return. If anything, I think the world would be better off with women having more power, not less.

    So yes, men now have to earn respect from women more and more as opposed to the 'way it was' - and that is a very good thing...for everyone.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-25-14 at 04:12 AM.

  8. #258
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    However I think it's indicative that not only men are 'opting out' of traditional roles.'
    Indicative of what? Women dropping out of traditional roles is due to the fact that women want to drop out. It serves their interests to drop out. Men aren't forcing women to drop out, are they?

    Altho I suppose the OP and the book are implying that it's American women's faults that men are doing so.
    There's a very good case for making such a charge. Men are reacting to women's changed roles. If one party reacts, it's because of something that the other party has done. That follows, right?

    What we're seeing a lot of now in the popular culture is women telling men to shape up, to man up, to get with the program, to step up and become "husband material" for the women who want husbands.

    Now what happens when men complain about women's new gender roles in today's society? They're told that they're losers and to suck it up, that women are not going to change just to please men. Well, why doesn't this answer apply to the women who are complaining about men who've dropped out?

    It seems that women want men to go back to the male gender role that they desire, when they desire it, but they're unwilling to return the favor.

    Those old gender roles were part of a system, they were mutually dependent. Men acted a certain way towards women and assumed certain obligations and women did the same. A system cannot remain standing and stable if half of the system is reformed and the interconnections are severed.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Indicative of what? Women dropping out of traditional roles is due to the fact that women want to drop out. It serves their interests to drop out. Men aren't forcing women to drop out, are they?

    There's a very good case for making such a charge. Men are reacting to women's changed roles. If one party reacts, it's because of something that the other party has done. That follows, right?

    What we're seeing a lot of now in the popular culture is women telling men to shape up, to man up, to get with the program, to step up and become "husband material" for the women who want husbands.

    Now what happens when men complain about women's new gender roles in today's society? They're told that they're losers and to suck it up, that women are not going to change just to please men. Well, why doesn't this answer apply to the women who are complaining about men who've dropped out?

    It seems that women want men to go back to the male gender role that they desire, when they desire it, but they're unwilling to return the favor.

    Those old gender roles were part of a system, they were mutually dependent. Men acted a certain way towards women and assumed certain obligations and women did the same. A system cannot remain standing and stable if half of the system is reformed and the interconnections are severed.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    Did you read this after you wrote it?

    I'm sorry. I shouldnt be rude. But it's so obvious how entrenched your identity is...for males in general....if you cant see that we are still both mutually dependent then I cant help you.

    The only difference *now* as opposed to the past is that women have more choices...pretty much (but not all) the same ones as men. Some men can adapt to that, maybe some cant, or wont. In the PAST, men nearly completely defined women's choices, except for reproduction. Now we can choose. I think that many men, including many in this thread, think women *choose* to be like men. That is wrong. We dont want to be like men. We just want to be able to choose. Most women STILL choose very feminine and maternal roles. Just with more of the *benefits* and opportunities that men have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #260
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Wow.
    Well those are the codes. I am not saying that they are followed 100% from everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Divorce not available in Albania then?
    It is available of course. But I do not think it happens as frequently as what I hear around here.

    It is so both in this northern part of Dardania/Albania as well as the rest of the body of Albania then.
    Last edited by DDD; 02-25-14 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Dardania/Albania thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •