View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 24 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by leoborn View Post
    Was he running a model agency by any chance? Maybe he just liked the way you looked?
    You know, even then you have to be very careful. Anyone can make up fake business cards and pass them around.

  2. #232
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The reasl problem is people who think they deserve respect instead of working to earn it.
    Does that apply in reverse too? Do wives have to earn the love of their husband on a constant basis or do they expect their husband to love them through the rainy days as well as the sunny days?

    Once I lose the love, or diminish the love, I have for my wife I'm pretty sure that she's going to feel that something in our marriage is off kilter and if I told her that she has to earn my love on a continuing basis that would quite likely undercut the very foundation of our marriage.

    Similarly, if I see that my wife doesn't respect me, or that her respect for me is diminishing, and that I have to earn her respect, then for me something in our marriage has died.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, the question made it that honestly was not going to get your acceptance either way. The answer is no btw, but of course, there no chance you were going to accept that answer, and if I did answer that way I would have been called a liar, as you have already decided that the answer is yes. If however, I answered yes, then the only response to be expected was to being called a pig. In real life, that kind of question leads to a fight no matter what as the woman has already decided a fight is what she wants. There is no possible way to answer the question or disarm the situation. Of course, if you fight the situation is going to be worse, but if you don't fight, then again the situation is going to get worse. It's basically dog house no matter what. I hate that crap.
    I find it interesting that you took the question so personally.

    And it seems hypocritical not to own up to an answer. An answer in a thread about how women seem more disrespectful of men today, a sentiment that you seemed to agree with.

    Yet you take exception to the fact that there's no 'good answer' to my (actually rhetorical) question about a single, albeit endemic, example of men's disrespect for women...."have you ever lied to get sex."

    Again, the fact that you dont think there's an answer that shows you (or men?) in a positive light is EXACTLY what this thread is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I find it interesting that you took the question so personally.

    And it seems hypocritical not to own up to an answer. An answer in a thread about how women seem more disrespectful of men today, a sentiment that you seemed to agree with.

    Yet you take exception to the fact that there's no 'good answer' to my (actually rhetorical) question about a single, albeit endemic, example of men's disrespect for women...."have you ever lied to get sex."

    Again, the fact that you dont think there's an answer that shows you (or men?) in a positive light is EXACTLY what this thread is about.
    It's silly because it is certainly not just women that can be disrespectful, and certainly not just American woman.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Someone needs to start a thread about "would you marry an American man?" now!

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    I wonder if American Woman is going to be mad when she reads this thread?

  7. #237
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Does that apply in reverse too? Do wives have to earn the love of their husband on a constant basis or do they expect their husband to love them through the rainy days as well as the sunny days?

    Once I lose the love, or diminish the love, I have for my wife I'm pretty sure that she's going to feel that something in our marriage is off kilter and if I told her that she has to earn my love on a continuing basis that would quite likely undercut the very foundation of our marriage.

    Similarly, if I see that my wife doesn't respect me, or that her respect for me is diminishing, and that I have to earn her respect, then for me something in our marriage has died.
    That certainly extends past what I said, but I will bite anyway. Both love and respect have to be earned, by both genders. What makes it somewhat easier is that there is some inertia in those things. Once that love and respect is developed, it will tend to resist changes to that state unless the person does something actively to change it. Usually, though I do suppose neglect would do it too. Both are necessary for both partners in any romantic relationship.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That certainly extends past what I said, but I will bite anyway. Both love and respect have to be earned, by both genders. What makes it somewhat easier is that there is some inertia in those things. Once that love and respect is developed, it will tend to resist changes to that state unless the person does something actively to change it. Usually, though I do suppose neglect would do it too. Both are necessary for both partners in any romantic relationship.
    I think neglect would definitely tend to make a relationship deteriorate.

  9. #239
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think neglect would definitely tend to make a relationship deteriorate.
    Yeah. It oddly qualifies as active though, since the normal state in a marriage is something other than neglect. I singled it out however due to it being odd in conjunction with saying "active".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yeah. It oddly qualifies as active though, since the normal state in a marriage is something other than neglect. I singled it out however due to it being odd in conjunction with saying "active".
    Right, it's basically the opposite of that. Either one or both partners aren't doing anything to improve their relationship. In fact, I can see neglect as being even more detrimental to a relationship in some instances. At least if he or she is disrespecting you, they know you're ALIVE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •