View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 15 of 164 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #141
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, to be a kind respectful person you should treat every person you come across with respect and kindness. However, if you go around disrespecting people because "they haven't earned respect yet" there is a good chance people won't like you and the chances of them disrespecting you will be higher. I know this is a hard subject for you, but do try to keep up.
    Disrespect, like respect, is earned.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    The truth is hard to swallow, I know. Despite your apparent distaste for it, the disrespect and cuckoldry of men is praised by feminists and their white knight counterparts.
    Hmmm. Not sure I understand this post. The disrespect and cuckoldry of women has been a badge of honor for men for millenia....I'd agree it's wrong...but maybe it's learning by example?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #143
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I thought of a third option, but I laugh because it's not a good one.

    While I was coughing my guts out late last night, I was listening to an older episode of This American Life. This older American gentleman had a bit of an asian fetish, and thought that if he found one to marry, she would be perfect. Perfect meant subservient, happy, quiet, and basically taking care of the household. Of course, when it started to come out, his relationship with this young gal from China hit the fan when she demonstrated a will of her own and didn't take his need to find a pillow for a wife. I almost felt disgusted when they finally got hitched. He improved himself, but that sort of attitude toward women must keep going throughout, you know?
    The Japanbese have a couple of concepts that relate to this and illustrate it. First is yamato nadeshiko, which is essentially the perfect stereotypical wife. She is little more than an extension of her husband. Quiet, well mannered, she serves and services her husband without complaint or giving an opinion. Needless to say this is not a healthy state of being, which leads to the second concept, the yandere. A yandere is a yamato nadeshiko who has snapped. She is still to all appearances a yamato nadeshiko, but she is leaving a trail of dead, dismembered bodies behind her. But with a smile on her face and impeccably dressed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Thanks, Alpha Male. We knew you'd show up eventually to pour scorn on other men like you always do. Don't worry, you can have all the American girls.
    I say the same to any women...and to women alot more often than men...it's your own fault if you allow a partner to disrespect you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #145
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    That's the plan.

    I don't really see this disrespect in my daily life.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  6. #146
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Some men DO want a woman they can control, and they don't want a woman who can think for herself. I think this is one reason why some conservative men seem to be "interested" in young teen girls or want to go "get a woman" from another country because they are under the impression she will be more submissive.
    Well said

  7. #147
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,749

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The Japanbese have a couple of concepts that relate to this and illustrate it. First is yamato nadeshiko, which is essentially the perfect stereotypical wife. She is little more than an extension of her husband. Quiet, well mannered, she serves and services her husband without complaint or giving an opinion. Needless to say this is not a healthy state of being, which leads to the second concept, the yandere. A yandere is a yamato nadeshiko who has snapped. She is still to all appearances a yamato nadeshiko, but she is leaving a trail of dead, dismembered bodies behind her. But with a smile on her face and impeccably dressed.
    Sounds like a movie plot.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #148
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So let me know how well the whining on the internets thing works for getting women to respect you.
    I'd like to know the definition of 'feminist' these days.

    Are all American women feminists? Or are some men just bitching because now American have more equality because of feminists?

    Or are all American women that they dont like 'feminists?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by DominorVobis View Post
    Well said
    Thanks!

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Disrespect for men has become standard practice.

    The result has been that men are increasingly dropping out of society. They don't marry, they don't go to college because they see no reason to break their humps to get ready to provide for a family -- they aren't going to be having a family.

    But men are not dropping out because of arrested development. They are acting rationally in response to myriad laws, attitudes and hostility against them for the crime of happening to be male in the twenty-first century.
    I thought this was my imagination running rampant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •