View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 143 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #1421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's just a way to relieve stress, instead of punching something or someone.
    She's pretty stressed then. Usually because of me.

    *hides*

  2. #1422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    She's pretty stressed then. Usually because of me.

    *hides*
    Be grateful that she cries instead of punches.

  3. #1423
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    God, what a douchebag. I'm sorry you had to live with and be raised by such a lout. Unfortunately, we don't get to choose. Hopefully, it wasn't for naught though, and he actually taught you some valuable lessons about what NOT to be.
    Yes it was, first of all I made a choice at aged 11 to never drink alcohol and now, 34 years or so later I am still alcohol free.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  4. #1424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yes it was, first of all I made a choice at aged 11 to never drink alcohol and now, 34 years or so later I am still alcohol free.
    Good for you! For a lot of people, this phrase applies, "instant asshole, just add alcohol."

  5. #1425
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    She's pretty stressed then. Usually because of me.

    *hides*
    I'm pretty stressed most times because of my ****ty ass 60+ hour a week job.

    For the rest of your post, I have no comment. Mostly because it's nobody's business. :-/
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  6. #1426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I'm pretty stressed most times because of my ****ty ass 60+ hour a week job.

    For the rest of your post, I have no comment. Mostly because it's nobody's business. :-/
    Well, I'm paying attention.

  7. #1427
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Sure. It simply happens to be the case that, due to either intrinsic biology or cultural conditioning, men are a lot better at pushing that "breaking point" back than many women.

    I don't necessarily view that as being a "bad" thing. It can actually come in rather useful.

    I mean... Let's face it. There are women out there who will almost literally cry at the drop of a hat.

    That really doesn't help anything.
    I disagree. Men choose to turn to other methods that also don't help or are productive. You said earlier something about punching a wall. How is that productive?

    It sure doesn't help anything either.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  8. #1428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I disagree. Men choose to turn to other methods that also don't help or are productive. You said earlier something about punching a wall. How is that productive?

    It sure doesn't help anything either.
    Good point. It's even less productive than crying because you can actually hurt yourself.

  9. #1429
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I'm pretty stressed most times because of my ****ty ass 60+ hour a week job.

    For the rest of your post, I have no comment. Mostly because it's nobody's business. :-/
    I'm trying to garner sympathy here, babe. I'm the meek guy. :-*

  10. #1430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I disagree. Men choose to turn to other methods that also don't help or are productive. You said earlier something about punching a wall. How is that productive?

    It sure doesn't help anything either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Good point. It's even less productive than crying because you can actually hurt yourself.
    True, but it's usually not quite that extreme.

    Anger can also be useful when it serves as a force motivating a person to take action. Crying rarely has that impact in the heat of the moment.

    I was actually in a very mild car accident (fender bender, basically) about a year and a half ago.

    I pulled over, got out, assessed the damage, called the cops, and made contact with other person involved before the other driver even had time to get out of her car.

    Why?

    Because she was crying instead.

    Not to make sweeping generalizations here or anything, but women seem to run into those kinds of problems a lot in my experience. I'm actually glad that it's not something I have to deal with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •