View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 114 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #1131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    No...
    Well there goes 90% of me.

  2. #1132
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    That's not true either.
    I know, I said to piss off Sawyer
    Last edited by opendebate; 03-02-14 at 01:51 PM.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  3. #1133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by sandrahmart View Post
    I think many women do have an expectation that a man be confident enough to "take charge" of at least some aspects of a relationship, and they do often tend to prefer men who possess that quality over those who don't. This might not necessarily be true of all women, but I do think it is true of most..
    Exactly. This is really not a controversial claim here.

    I don't know why people are getting so defensive over it.

    It's common sense, and even a casual glance over the dynamics at play in the vast majority of heterosexual relationships will prove it to be true.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 03-02-14 at 01:53 PM.

  4. #1134
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Thats BS.. Most con women have their men firmly by the gonads. Just because he is not publicly submissive doesn't mean that at home she doesn't have him jumping every time she barks.
    Maybe but he doesn't look gay and she has him by the gonads because he HAS gonads.

  5. #1135
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Exactly. This is really not a controversial claim here.

    I don't know why people are getting so defensive over it.

    It's common sense.
    It's not common sense G. It makes sense to you so you think it is. Women are much more complicated than that. I have been attracted to a variety of men over the years for a variety of reasons and the same is true for just about every other woman I have ever known, regardless of their age. Don't you see how buying into this notion limits YOU.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #1136
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Maybe but he doesn't look gay and she has him by the gonads because he HAS gonads.
    I don't even really think that Sawyer. I was just messin' with you. You can't define people that way.

    I suspect that you need to broaden your definition of what is masculine.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #1137
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I don't even really think that Sawyer. I was just messin' with you. You can't define people that way.

    I suspect that you need to broaden your definition of what is masculine.
    I'll mull it over but right now my wife is squeezing my balls and demanding I get busy designing her laundry room on scetchup.

  8. #1138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    It's not common sense G. It makes sense to you so you think it is. Women are much more complicated than that. I have been attracted to a variety of men over the years for a variety of reasons and the same is true for just about every other woman I have ever known, regardless of their age. Don't you see how buying into this notion limits YOU.
    Maybe this is simply an expression of the whole "women have no clue what they actually want" problem people are always complaining about, but the simple fact of the matter is that basically every observable reality of male / female relationships in our own society and virtually all others demonstrates the truth of the principles under discussion here. There isn't even really any reason to debate it.

    The majority of women simply seem to prefer men who are able to "take charge" in a relationship from time to time over those who are not. This preference also appears to be innate rather than deliberate.

    Men who lack this ability are perceived to be "wimps" more often than not, and women usually disrespect them as such.

    Hell! Even S&M, for all of her extremist ranting, has complained about such "weak" men in other threads. In a thread we had not too long ago, as a matter of fact, she made a point of expressing nothing but distain for passive "nice guys," and stating how she basically needed her men to be a bit more forceful and "rough around the edges" in order for a relationship to in any sense work.

    No offense or anything, but methinks a lot of you ladies "doth protest too much."

    It seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to the words "dominant" and "submissive" more than anything else. As I've been trying to explain for the last several pages, however; most relationships are more nuanced than those two adjectives alone.

    The genders simply happen to exert influence over their parrtners in different ways.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 03-02-14 at 02:19 PM.

  9. #1139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Frankly, even then, unless they're looking for a man that they can explicitly dominate and control (which tends to be somewhat rare among women anyway), Liberal women will still tend to favor men with more dominant tendencies over "effeminate" types.

    They simply express the preference in different ways.

    i.e. The "passionate rebel" or "brooding artist" type over the "macho authority figure" (cop, fireman, soldier, etca) or businessman archetypes more socially conservative women might prefer.
    Personally, I wouldn't want an effeminate man either. At the same time, however, I wouldn't want a guy who is always patronizing me either.

  10. #1140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want an effeminate man either. At the same time, however, I wouldn't want a guy who is always patronizing me either.
    A real man doesn't need to.

    Besides, it's not like most of you women don't enjoy a bit of good natured teasing every now and then anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •