View Poll Results: Men: Would you marry an American Woman?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 70.59%
  • No

    23 22.55%
  • Does not apply to me.

    7 6.86%
Page 102 of 164 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1640

Thread: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?[W:771]

  1. #1011
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    I've already explained precisely why you're employing a term you don't understand.

    There's all the proof in the world for the gynocentric component of Paganism, as illustrated by the plethora of feminine deities, figures and principles it encapsulates.
    I think you need to check the term:

    Gynocentrism (Greek, gyno-, "woman", or "female") is the ideological practice, conscious or otherwise, of asserting the female point of view in public debate on a wide range of social issues.[1][2][3]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynocentrism


    I await (not really) your citation (which doesn't exist).

  2. #1012
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I think you need to check the term:


    Gynocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    I await (not really) your citation (which doesn't exist).
    Once more, explained earlier. Paganism runs the entire gamut of such religions from a central goddess figure right through to consorts and fringe figures. It allows for a gynocentric interpretation. I realise that cherry picking from posts for the purpose of evasive obfuscation is your signature, but for anyone following the discussion, it's all there, so why bother?

    And I'll await your conclusive proof pertaining to the Pauline epistles.

    At this juncture, you're still guessing where I have historical proof.

  3. #1013
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Some of the things you say on this forum with regards to women's rights issues causes me to get this visual image of you as some fat old dude, almost bald with crazy grey hair , sitting around in his boxers and wife beater smoking a cigar and playing cards wit da boys.
    Only in spirit, I'm afraid. Only in spirit.

    IOW, bitching because the world is changing and those dames are fagetin' der place.
    What can I say? Living in a doomed society on the fast track to decay when you're one of the few people around forward thinking and "big picture" oriented enough to actually give a damn about it tends to be somewhat grating.

    It makes it sound as if there was some kind of envy for the life you imagine they imagine their men were leading.
    You're joking, right? What else can much of modern feminism be said to be about if not a generalized sense of "gender envy?"

    Do you think ultra high powered CEO women are putting on their best "alpha male" impressions and stomping around with the "big boys" for nothing?

    Equal rights and equal standing are one thing, and I fully support them as such. However, that's generally not what many modern incarnations of ideological feminism aim for.

    They're basically out to "even the score" and put men in their place.

    They want to work like men, fight like men, and even f*ck like men (frankly, not even most men at that, but an exaggerated male stereotype), and they take the slightest suggestion that many women might not be naturally interested in doing so as being tantamount to blatant heresy.

    I would argue that. I believe a child raised in a happy home with a single parent is better off then in a home with two where each are miserable.
    I'm sorry, but by any objective measure, you would be wrong.

    Single mothers are almost universally worse off in terms of finances and parental workload than married women. They are far more likely to live in poverty or on welfare than any other group, and they're far more likely than married women to be the victims of domestic abuse and violent crime as well.

    Keep in mind that we haven't even begun to factor in the negative impacts that being brought up in households without consistent opposite sex role models can often be observed to have upon the children of single parents either.

    You sound as if you bought in to that 1950s Ozzie and Harriet storyline. We both know that wasn't real. Fantasy
    My parents did it, and their parents before them. I see no problems with them.

    Men aren't "necessary" to female affairs. You couple with someone because you love them and want to share your life with them, not because they are "necessary".
    Men and women are equally "necessary" to one another's affairs.

    The kind of people who are content to go it completely alone are rare, and, IMO, likely more than a tad broken.

    I, personally, have never met a woman that has this point of view.
    They are all over this thread.

    Again, I simply find it ironic that "feminists" who would preach that women do not "need" men would be so reflexively offended at the idea of men taking the same view towards them

    It's kind of amusing to see so many women (and feminist men, for that matter) bristle at the idea of young men doing exactly what many women have been doing for the last half century. They basically seem to want to "shame" such men back into conformity.

    Vain reasons? Such as?
    "Falling out of love," "irreconcilable differences," "unhappiness," feeling that one can "do better," petty egotistical disputes, etca, etca.

    The number of divorces initiated for legitimately irreparable marital problems these days is vanishingly small. Under most circumstances, the decision is born out of simple fickle laziness more than anything else.

    I do now and always have found intellectual men very sexy. Men who are balanced and have a little higher emotional IQ then the frat boy or construction worker archetype you referenced. My guess is that you would provide this guy as YOUR example of weak or effeminate. So maybe your definition is a little broad.
    Ummmm... I am one of those men.

    I might be a somewhat prickly varient of the archetype, but I certainly fit well within it's confines.

    With regard to my earlier comment, while completely clueless (as opposed to merely unlucky) "nice guys" may qualify to a certain extent as well, I was referring more to "skinny jean" wearing "Hipster," "Emo," or "Metrosexual" types than anyone else. They are men who either make a conscious decision to reject their masculinity, or who lack the confidence in their societal role to display any in the first place. You would likely assume many of these men were homosexual if you did not know them.

    Also, keep in mind that I did not bring the "frat boy" type of man into this discussion as a positive example of male virtue either. They might be more traditionally "masculine" than their counter parts above. However, they are generally no more ambitious.

    To the contrary, they often exemplify the modern trend towards "extended adolescence" to its fullest exent.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 03-01-14 at 01:46 AM.

  4. #1014
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    At this juncture, you're still guessing where I have historical proof.
    You have proof of nothing. There was no "asserting the female point of view in public debate on a wide range of social issues" in ancient Israel or the surrounding areas. Not in Greece, not in Rome, not in Persia, not in Assyria, not anywhere.

    You are clinging to a noble savage myth in order to deny obvious logic and reason.

  5. #1015
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You have proof of nothing. There was no "asserting the female point of view in public debate on a wide range of social issues" in ancient Israel or the surrounding areas. Not in Greece, not in Rome, not anywhere.

    You are clinging to a noble savage myth in order to deny obvious logic and reason.
    Covered previously.

    Is this it? Repeat and rephrase for the duration? I mean that's cool, but if you could find your way to providing that proof I asked for from the beginning of this shameless rip cord, that'd be great. Cheers in advance.

  6. #1016
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Covered previously.

    Is this it? Repeat and rephrase for the duration? I mean that's cool, but if you could find your way to providing that proof I asked for from the beginning of this shameless rip cord, that'd be great. Cheers in advance.
    You made the claim. You provided no evidence whatsoever. Just BS about "oooh, the goddesses!"

    And you already admitted that women didn't have a voice for 2000 years. Now you want to claim that there were societies in which the female point of view was predominant in public discourse. What a load of crap.

  7. #1017
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Or not, as the case may be.

  8. #1018
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You made the claim. You provided no evidence whatsoever. Just BS about "oooh, the goddesses!"

    And you already admitted that women didn't have a voice for 2000 years. Now you want to claim that there were societies in which the female point of view was predominant in public discourse. What a load of crap.
    Those women were goddesses?

    Wow. Who knew?

  9. #1019
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,175

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Feel free to link your comment, but the reason I and another poster were questioning you was your claim that women are being discriminated against in how they are paid. I noted that I was surprised that you referenced the single women earnings data because that's not really that well known but there is no data to support your claim that women are being discriminated against in terms of wages. There is a wage differential but not due to employers being evil bastards and stomping on women.
    No, I didn't, dude. All I did was state the fact that in some demographics, they are indeed paid less. You assumed, because my lean is "progressive," that I must be using the opposite overly simplistic argument to your own overly simplistic argument. And you still have not asked me to tell you what my motives or beliefs about that fact are. You have no interest in it. Your assumptions tell you everything you need to know to keep your world nice and simple.

    It just never ceases to amaze me how much people will insert for you based on lean, to the point where when I state a simple fact with no commentary, people assume not only my motivation for stating it, but also what I believe the causality to be.

    So when I state a fact that you like because you can use it to cry about how things are so unfair for men, you assume I'm stating it for the same reasons, and you like me.

    But when I state a fact you don't like, because it doesn't serve your purpose, you assume I'm stating it as a form of confrontation, and you don't like me.

    It's bizarre. It's not just you, but that was such a stark example that I can't not comment on it. A fact is a fact, and in this partisan culture, amongst the propagators of such partisanship, even inanimate facts apparently have secret motives.

  10. #1020
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Men: Would You Marry an American Woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    The buzz in some quarters these days is that what women really want is a strong masculine male who is unafraid to lead them. Go figure. It is human nature to want what you're not getting, I guess.
    Lead them? Lead them where?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •