View Poll Results: Legalize it?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, recreational marijuana should be legal

    73 84.88%
  • Only medicinal marijuana should be allowed

    3 3.49%
  • No, don't do it.

    6 6.98%
  • Justin Bieber looks just like Miley Cyrus

    4 4.65%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 127

Thread: Should marijuana be legal?

  1. #61
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I guess I can't answer the poll because, since I live in Colorado, it IS legal.
    perhaps you could answer whether you agree or not with the current legislation

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Do you support doing that for cigarettes and alcohol?
    Disqualify from welfare and medicaid, yes, unless used for medical purposes. Extra penalties for crimes, on alcohol, yes, cigarettes, no.
    Last edited by DVSentinel; 02-22-14 at 09:47 AM.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,876

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I just came back from Colorado, where recreational marijuana is legal. Would you like to see it in your state? Why or why not?
    Yes, yes and yes. Why? Responsible adults should be able to make their own decisions. We decide about smoking and drinking alcohol, so why not weed?

  4. #64
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,876

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I guess I can't answer the poll because, since I live in Colorado, it IS legal.
    My new roomie, hi

  5. #65
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Are you serious right now? You're complaining about my arguments when you have posted absolutely zero?

    All 6 posts you've made in this thread have been whining at me or someone else. I know you're new here, but every single post does not need to be a fully laid out explanation of someone's beliefs. It's also ok to just state your opinion, and wait if someone disagrees, then begin a debate. You for some reason decided to skip the debate phase and go straight to the whining.

    Let me know when you decide to come up with an independent thought.
    Dude, calm your ****. You posted "yes" in your first response in your thread. That is an opinion. You then posted "locking someone in a cage for owning a plant is absurd and has absolutely no place in a free society.". I interpreted that as some sort of libertarian-hippie-**** justification for your opinion because it seems to go beyond a simple "yes". I'm not whining, I'm trying to help you and the fact that I'm new here doesn't change that. If you're going to not take my advice and continue to accuse me of not being able to come up with independent thoughts (which was completely unwarranted), then I guess I'm done here.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    perhaps you could answer whether you agree or not with the current legislation
    I voted for it.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #67
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    Dude, calm your ****. You posted "yes" in your first response in your thread. That is an opinion. You then posted "locking someone in a cage for owning a plant is absurd and has absolutely no place in a free society.". I interpreted that as some sort of libertarian-hippie-**** justification for your opinion because it seems to go beyond a simple "yes". I'm not whining, I'm trying to help you and the fact that I'm new here doesn't change that. If you're going to not take my advice and continue to accuse me of not being able to come up with independent thoughts (which was completely unwarranted), then I guess I'm done here.
    If you can't come up with your own arguments and just have to whine like a bitch, then you really are done here. Bye.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 02-22-14 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #68
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Living in Colorado I can say that it should be legal everywhere. I have seen almost no change in anything here other than the quality of the weed is much better.
    That is the biggest fear of the law enforcement establishment, IMO.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #69
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-26-14 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Sorry, I'm Libertarian.

    Blasting your mind with alcohol, or drugs, or dating abusive women, is really your own prerogative. it is not the place of government to protect us from ourselves, and any notion that it is, ignores all the areas where it blatantly doesn't. I have read case after case of police gathering a small army, invading a couple's home, shooting the family dog, murdering the occupants, dragging people out of their beds, by the hair, curb stomping citizens ALL TO FIND OUT IT WASN'T EVEN THE "perpetrator". While the "police state" is another topic, the crux of the matter is that a person sitting in their living room, on their own property is no threat to anyone, nor violating the constitutional rights of anyone outside of their property. That is not something society needs protection from.

    I don't do drugs personally, but frankly, I don't care if the entire country did drugs. Just so long as I can get my strawberry shake when I go to buy it. In fact, if the cashier is high out of their mind, I don't even care, just so long as he takes my money, washes his hands, and hands me my shake. What else matters? Who knows what that man is going through? Maybe his parents traumatized him all his life, and he married a woman that abuses him nightly and the drugs helps him cope in society like a mellow human being. While people sit in judgement of others, they frankly have no idea what a person goes through. It is also not the place of one human to tell another human how to live, nor cope with their issues. As long as that man doesn't violate my constitutional freedoms, he could be blasted out of his mind on drugs.

    It irks me to no end when people sit in judgement, and pretend to be holier than thou. I don't drink, curse, smoke, or even take aspirin. I'm as pretty straight edge as they come, but I will not judge a person because they do drugs. Not everyone has my strength.
    "profound Ayn Rand quote goes here" - Ayn Rand

    Now you know I'm super independent and I know how to read. Aren't you impressed... or mad, depending on your own misconceptions of politics.

  10. #70
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Living in Colorado I can say that it should be legal everywhere. I have seen almost no change in anything here other than the quality of the weed is much better.
    Yeah man, a most excellent post....

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •