View Poll Results: Legalize it?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, recreational marijuana should be legal

    73 84.88%
  • Only medicinal marijuana should be allowed

    3 3.49%
  • No, don't do it.

    6 6.98%
  • Justin Bieber looks just like Miley Cyrus

    4 4.65%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 127

Thread: Should marijuana be legal?

  1. #31
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    The real question is: what gives the government the right to decide what you can and cant put into your own body?
    Well...they do. They can make laws about what you can and can't put into your body.

  2. #32
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,773

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Should State's rights making Marijuana legal, be legal?
    When do folks want State's rights to be in play, when they like the law, or always, or never ?
    Physics is Phun

  3. #33
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    That's a really gross oversimplification of the issue.
    That's actually verbatim what is happening. Are you claiming owning a plant will not get you locked in a cage?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #34
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    That's actually verbatim what is happening. Are you claiming owning a plant will not get you locked in a cage?
    "It's a plant, therefore people should not be arrested for owning it because it's plant" isn't sound logic and it isn't going to persuade the opposition.

  5. #35
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes, locking someone in a cage for owning a plant is absurd and has absolutely no place in a free society.
    So are opium poppies.

  6. #36
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    "It's a plant, therefore people should not be arrested for owning it because it's plant" isn't sound logic and it isn't going to persuade the opposition.
    For lovers of liberty like myself, and the 7 other people that liked that post, it is self evident that the government shouldn't be locking people in cages for a plant. Apparently for a statist like yourself, you think that's up for discussion. Would you like to tell me about the huge success prohibition has been?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #37
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So are opium poppies.
    Your point?

  8. #38
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So are opium poppies.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Are you saying opium poppies are locking people in cages?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #39
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    For lovers of liberty like myself, and the 7 other people that liked that post, it is self evident that the government shouldn't be locking people in cages for a plant. Apparently for a statist like yourself, you think that's up for discussion. Would you like to tell me about the huge success prohibition has been?
    Good for you and those seven people. I'm for marijuana legalization too, I'm just pointing out that your logic is unsound and it won't convince any "statist" to change their views.

  10. #40
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Should marijuana be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    Good for you and those seven people. I'm for marijuana legalization too, I'm just pointing out that your logic is unsound and it won't convince any "statist" to change their views.
    I wasn't trying to convince anybody at the time, I was just stating my opinion. Thanks for jumping in and trying to snipe me though. You've really added value to this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •