View Poll Results: Should German WWII vets still be arrested?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 23.68%
  • No

    34 44.74%
  • It depends

    24 31.58%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 281

Thread: Should German WWII vets be arrested?[W:260]

  1. #191
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Some on this thread really should express their obviously "job well done!" to those Germans who "innocently" participated in eradicating Jews from Western and Eastern Europe. They did succeed. The few surviving Jews never returned. The largest Jewish populations in the world was in Poland and the greatest regional Jewish population in Eastern Europe and Germany. They were eradicated, permanently. There are no Jewish populations of any size there, nor ever will be.

    So rather than just saying "forgive the murders and forget the victims," why not just be honest about it and express your congratulations for a job well done?

  2. #192
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Besides, if that old German death camp soldier is tried and hung, no one would be to blame or had done anything wrong. Everyone involved in his hanging had just done their job.

  3. #193
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    You people who condemn the ones who followed orders, condemned the ones who let it happened, condemned the ones who stood by doing nothing are still ignoring the fact that we are all ignoring the fact that it's happening again in North Korea.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  4. #194
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Well, if your fantasy tale was true you'd have a point. But, in fact, NONE had to be there. Many did refuse and none were ever court martialed - nor could be. NOR was it ordinary German troops sent there. They tried at first and it didn't work.

    The absurd claim? Your's. That there was no difference between a German guard at Auschwitz and a Jew at Auschwitz. That is truly as absurd as it gets.

    I have not claimed any German soldier there should be convicted of murder. I have said any should be tried unless they were there a very short time, as none had to stay there. None. Not one. There were not passive guards. All knew exactly what was happening. All were part of the machinery of it. None had to be. Any could have left. They could not be court martialed. None ever were. That was a real shocker at the Nuremberg trial and other war crimes trials. Many Germans did refuse. If so, they were merely transferred elsewhere. They could not be court martialed because the official stance of the German government and military was that it wasn't happening.

    Ironically, unlike now in the USA, there were no such secret trials, secret imprisonments or that. Many Germans refused. Others participated but then committed suicide - why they shifted to gassing.

    But, you claiming there was basically no difference between a German soldier at Auschwitz and a Jewish family members who were tortured, starved, and murdered - shows you have absolutely no intention to have a legitimate or anything poor-SS-Death-Guard members as the real victims of Auschwitz. VERY SICKO messages you are posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Some on this thread really should express their obviously "job well done!" to those Germans who "innocently" participated in eradicating Jews from Western and Eastern Europe. They did succeed. The few surviving Jews never returned. The largest Jewish populations in the world was in Poland and the greatest regional Jewish population in Eastern Europe and Germany. They were eradicated, permanently. There are no Jewish populations of any size there, nor ever will be.

    So rather than just saying "forgive the murders and forget the victims," why not just be honest about it and express your congratulations for a job well done?
    This is pretty much on par with the false, straw man garbage you're usually pushing. I never once claimed that anyone who was actually guilty shouldn't be tried, I've claimed that what was happening in the OP was wrong, which is convicting them whether they're guilty or not, just because they were stationed there. The fact that you can't recognize the difference is appalling. I guess it's easier to attack what I didn't say than it is to attack what I did say.

    Second, you have provided ZERO proof that every single soldier could've left at any point he wanted. The burden of proof is on YOU, because that is contrary to every military in the world. If somebody else committed genocide at Ft. Bragg while I was stationed there, do you know how much responsibility I would've had in that? ZERO. But sure as **** you would've wanted me on trial, huh?

    And what I stated, for those who were innocent, there is very little difference between:

    - Being a Jew > being forced by the German government to go to Auschwitz > Be imprisoned until you are dead or liberated. and
    - Being a German citizen > being forced by the German government to go to Auschwitz > Be imprisoned until you get yourself killed or are charged with murder.

    Sorry buddy, convicting people just for being stationed somewhere is wrong, and no amount of you lying or beating your chest is going to change that. There were 7,000 soldiers stationed there, only 120 of which were assigned to the gas chambers. But to you they're all equally guilty.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 02-23-14 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Some on this thread really should express their obviously "job well done!" to those Germans who "innocently" participated in eradicating Jews from Western and Eastern Europe. They did succeed. The few surviving Jews never returned. The largest Jewish populations in the world was in Poland and the greatest regional Jewish population in Eastern Europe and Germany. They were eradicated, permanently. There are no Jewish populations of any size there, nor ever will be.

    So rather than just saying "forgive the murders and forget the victims," why not just be honest about it and express your congratulations for a job well done?
    Nobody here feels that the Germans did a "good job". Most Germans today have nothing to do with the Holocaust. And even at the time of the Holocaust most Germans did not know of the horrors that the SS and the Nazi's were perpetrating on the Jews.

    The Germans cannot undo what happened in the second world war and the Germans will never forget what happened in the second world war. And forgiveness? Nobody will ever forgive the Nazi's or people who still have the same ideology, but for the rest of the Germans, most have not done anything they need forgiveness for IMHO.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #196
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    This is pretty much on par with the false, straw man garbage you're usually pushing. I never once claimed that anyone who was actually guilty shouldn't be tried, I've claimed that what was happening in the OP was wrong, which is convicting them whether they're guilty or not, just because they were stationed there. The fact that you can't recognize the difference is appalling. I guess it's easier to attack what I didn't say than it is to attack what I did say.

    Second, you have provided ZERO proof that every single soldier could've left at any point he wanted. The burden of proof is on YOU, because that is contrary to every military in the world. If somebody else committed genocide at Ft. Bragg while I was stationed there, do you know how much responsibility I would've had in that? ZERO. But sure as **** you would've wanted me on trial, huh?

    And what I stated, for those who were innocent, there is very little difference between:

    - Being a Jew > being forced by the German government to go to Auschwitz > Be imprisoned until you are dead or liberated. and
    - Being a German citizen > being forced by the German government to go to Auschwitz > Be imprisoned until you get yourself killed or are charged with murder.

    Sorry buddy, convicting people just for being stationed somewhere is wrong, and no amount of you lying or beating your chest is going to change that. There were 7,000 soldiers stationed there, only 120 of which were assigned to the gas chambers. But to you they're all equally guilty.

    Lying is never persuasive. I never posted they are all equally guilty.

    Your claiming there not difference between German "citizen" set there (now you claim they were not even soldiers) and the people tortured and killed there were equally victims is sadistic and such a lie you have made it clear you are messages are holocaust apologistic, if not outright denier or supporting it.


    Your most sick and lying message now? To compare Fort Bragg to Auschwitz. That is as dishonest and absurd as it gets.

    But yes, if Fort Bragg was a center where over 1,000,000 blacks were starved, tortured, and mass murdered and you were stationed there and "just did your job" knowing this occurring? You should be prosecuted.

    The world most make it known this level of genocide is intolerable, inexcusable, will always be punished and "just doing my job" or "following orders" is not acceptable.
    Last edited by joko104; 02-23-14 at 10:22 AM.

  7. #197
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Nobody here feels that the Germans did a "good job". Most Germans today have nothing to do with the Holocaust. And even at the time of the Holocaust most Germans did not know of the horrors that the SS and the Nazi's were perpetrating on the Jews.

    The Germans cannot undo what happened in the second world war and the Germans will never forget what happened in the second world war. And forgiveness? Nobody will ever forgive the Nazi's or people who still have the same ideology, but for the rest of the Germans, most have not done anything they need forgiveness for IMHO.
    That's a lie because the holocaust did not just happen in death camps. It happened in the streets in front of them. They saw what was done to Jews in their neighbors and in the streets and their businesses. The majority supported it. As for the specific message you responded to - the eradication of Jews from German? 100% of Germans saw and knew. You apologistic view would be no different than to claim white people in the South in the early 1900s didn't know how blacks were treated or prior to the Civil War didn't know how slaves were treated.

    The holocaust did not just happen in death camps. The genocide did not just happen in death camps. Jews were murdered, individually, in dozens, in hundreds and more in the streets.

  8. #198
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    You people who condemn the ones who followed orders, condemned the ones who let it happened, condemned the ones who stood by doing nothing are still ignoring the fact that we are all ignoring the fact that it's happening again in North Korea.
    The world allowing this wrong. It does not reach the level of extinction machinery of an entire ethnical group, but it should be stopped even at the expense of war as it also is contagious to other nations.

  9. #199
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That is exactly what you are saying. You are saying that, in the final analysis, the holocaust was nothing at all. Just shrug your shoulders, say "oh well, what's done is done" and erase it.
    So you advocate releasing every murderer and rapist too under your forgive them and forget the victims too?

  10. #200
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Should German WWII vets be arrested?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That's a lie because the holocaust did not just happen in death camps. It happened in the streets in front of them. They saw what was done to Jews in their neighbors and in the streets and their businesses. The majority supported it.
    Eh? Since when did Jews/Gypsies/Homosexuals get mass executed on the streets in Nazi Germany? Beaten up, discriminated the hell out off.. treated like trash sure.. but mass executions? No.

    It seems to me you forget how people in general thought of Jews world wide before WW2.. How Germany treated its Jews was at first not much different than how the US treated its Jews. Now Germany went further and started actually killing them off during the war, but that was in the concentration camps not on the streets of Germany.
    PeteEU

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •