View Poll Results: Should Staff Sergeant Cherish Byres get a dsihonorable discharge

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kick her ass out

    10 25.64%
  • what's the big deal

    29 74.36%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 240

Thread: This makes me sick

  1. #41
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: This makes me sick

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Correct, however, in this case I could see non-judicial punishment being handed out.
    sort of like "ADMINISTRATIVE PUNISHMENT" in Starship Troopers



  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: This makes me sick

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    It never was OUR military decorum to scalp our enemies- it is too bad the family members you claim to have that served recently didn't tell you 'the rest of the story' on what 'military' folks do. You have the 'never-served' our country's warped view of what we who did serve really do. Profane just doesn't cover it. the only question is getting caught or not. But keep your Cherry high and mighty standards- you of course never had to live up to them.
    Go all the way back to the French-Indian War and you may find that Colonial decorum was very different than even what it was by the time of the American Revolution. Actually, the most recent one served for a relatively limited period of time (6 years I believe, as a combat medic in the 82nd Airborne) because he became disheartened by the ROE and other restrictions currently in place on US Military personnel. He now works for a private security firm and is currently assigned to a position in Baghdad, Iraq.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: This makes me sick

    I am absolutely convinced that the girl did not occur to offend POW, just a beautiful combination of scarlet tongue and black contour of a man.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: This makes me sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Go all the way back to the French-Indian War and you may find that Colonial decorum was very different than even what it was by the time of the American Revolution. Actually, the most recent one served for a relatively limited period of time (6 years I believe, as a combat medic in the 82nd Airborne) because he became disheartened by the ROE and other restrictions currently in place on US Military personnel. He now works for a private security firm and is currently assigned to a position in Baghdad, Iraq.
    Ahhh so you are now claiming lineage back to colonial times... IC.

    But again you have no real understanding of what happens in the service- well not past the bitching a relative of yours 'shared' with you...

    Did he call the enemy sub-human or is that your idea? ROE in counter-insurgency has ALWAYS been SOP- I guess your relatives didn't study COIN.

    Odd he pulls security work in Iraq- most were kicked out, what is the company name?

    But once again... you have no idea what military decorum really is- just some overblown concept you project on others...

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: This makes me sick

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    It makes it a "who cares" non-event.
    So I guess you would visit Pearl Harbor and laugh.

  6. #46
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: This makes me sick

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    More information --
    I guess I don't understand military culture. It seems harmless

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: This makes me sick

    I just heard about this on FOX. WTF is going on here?

    This makes me sick-natguardphoto-jpg

  8. #48
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: This makes me sick

    I see that symbol as something this country should and does show great respect for. I would insist on anyone wearing the uniform of a U.S. Service person would show GREAT respect for it. Especially considering it could be their ass on the line someday. This symbol helps keep fresh in the mind that we still have service members that are missing in action. In fact the president is currently looking into trading some GITMO prisoners of war for one of our own at this very moment.

    I think punishment is in line. Discharge shouldn't be one of those punishments. I would however believe required study of that symbol and some volunteer work is mandatory so this Airmen doesn't make this same mistake twice.

    I am willing to give the benefit of a doubt that just because she wears the uniform doesn't automatically give her the understanding of what the symbol means. What better way to help her learn than to have her participate with the group? She might end up being the biggest advocate for the cause.

  9. #49
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,504

    Re: This makes me sick

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So I guess you would visit Pearl Harbor and laugh.
    I guess you don't understand the term "who cares?".

    I simply would not visit PH. Waste of time. When on Oahu, I head to the North Shore to watch surfers ride 30-foot waves, then take a flight to the better islands.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: This makes me sick

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I guess you don't understand the term "who cares?".

    I simply would not visit PH. Waste of time. When on Oahu, I head to the North Shore to watch surfers ride 30-foot waves, then take a flight to the better islands.
    You are a good example of an entitled ungrateful spoiled American child. God help us.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •