View Poll Results: Rape and clothing correlation

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I suspect women are wearing revealing clothes in most rape cases

    1 0.98%
  • I suspect that a man/woman will rape regardless of the victims clothing

    28 27.45%
  • I think some women are inviting dangerous attention when wearing revealing attire

    6 5.88%
  • I don't think clothes have anything to do with rape

    56 54.90%
  • Other

    11 10.78%
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 831 to 840 of 840

Thread: Rape and Clothing

  1. #831
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes stats support that women are more likely to be "raped" then men
    good thin nobody said otherwise huh lol
    Which is why it is generally a good idea for them to be more careful than a man might have to be in the kinds of environments where rape is common.

  2. #832
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Which is why it is generally a good idea for them to be more careful than a man might have to be in the kinds of environments where rape is common.
    well since rape isnt the only concern when people are abusing alcohol no, everybody should be careful
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #833
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well since rape isnt the only concern when people are abusing alcohol no, everybody should be careful
    With regards to flirtation and sexual advances?

  4. #834
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    With regards to flirtation and sexual advances?
    weird i dont remember talking about either of those, guess you are just going to keep making stuff up lol

    you agreed with MY statement, ill refresh your memory

    ""everybody should be aware of thier environment and not drink so much that it prevents them from doing so"

    you might have some type of ADD or something and NO thats not an insult, its an honest suggestion, i volunteer with kids that have that and similar conditions and it seems to fit the illogical way you insert things into a discussion that arent there
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #835
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    weird i dont remember talking about either of those, guess you are just going to keep making stuff up lol

    you agreed with MY statement, ill refresh your memory

    ""everybody should be aware of thier environment and not drink so much that it prevents them from doing so"

    you might have some type of ADD or something and NO thats not an insult, its an honest suggestion, i volunteer with kids that have that and similar conditions and it seems to fit the illogical way you insert things into a discussion that arent there
    Uh huh.

    It's okay, J. I accept your concession regardless of whether you're willing to follow your own reasoning to its logical conclusion or not.

  6. #836
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Uh huh.

    It's okay, J. I accept your concession regardless of whether you're willing to follow your own reasoning to its logical conclusion or not.
    theres no concession lol
    you just got caught making up mentally inane BS again

    if you disagree simply point where i mentioned flirtation and sexual advances?

    you cant because you made it up lol my statement and our our discussion was about abusing alcohol

    your post is factual proven wrong again and facts win again lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #837
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    It doesn't matter what happens where. The simple fact of the matter is that you have provided absolutely no hard evidence to back your claims.

    You're basically making an appeal to ignorance.

    i.e.

    "We can't know for sure, so it must be higher!"

    I'm sorry, but that's not the way these kinds of claims work.
    How foolish. YOU have provided no evidence whatsoever, yet it doesn't stop you from making the same old claims ad nauseum even when it's been pointed out to you with links from reputable sources, personal experiences, etc., that you are wrong. I should call you ostrich.

  8. #838
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,948

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Which is very terrible, but without some hard data comparing actual rates here, we can't really make a judgment.

    Again, according to some sources, as many as 25% of women in the United States are raped before they graduate college. I'm not sure if I believe that figure, but if true, it would be a pretty massive chunk of the overall female population.

    I have a pretty hard time believing that a society which tends to keep its women out of public could have a rate anywhere near that high.
    And there are plenty of other countries that have higher rape rates per capita, including some 1st world countries.

    Top 5 Countries with the Highest Rates of Rape

    It has nothing to do with how women dress, whether they are out on the town clubbing, going on a date, or just walking around. Their attire is not what gets them targeted by rapists in general. Some specific rapists may target some women in specific clothing, but even then it could be absolutely any type of clothing including fully clothed or dressed extremely conservatively. But date rapists would be more likely to target personalities or simply target women who go on dates with them, with no care for whether their clothing says "I'm easy" to them. Because the date rapist isn't likely to have to worry about that, after all they are already on a date with the person. As for the pickup type rapist (pickup a woman from the bar who simply agrees to go someone "more private" with them), well even then you wouldn't know what exactly attracted the man to the woman. It is almost definitely not going to be what they wear, specifically not the "skimpy" or "more revealing" clothing because that mainly attracts rapists. Any type of clothing could still attract this pickup type rapist, because they are more likely to use location/intoxication into account more than clothing. Any woman who they meet in clubs could say "yes" to going home with them but still turn them down for sex. And most men know this.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #839
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    03-25-14 @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    873

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And there are plenty of other countries that have higher rape rates per capita, including some 1st world countries.

    Top 5 Countries with the Highest Rates of Rape

    It has nothing to do with how women dress, whether they are out on the town clubbing, going on a date, or just walking around. Their attire is not what gets them targeted by rapists in general. Some specific rapists may target some women in specific clothing, but even then it could be absolutely any type of clothing including fully clothed or dressed extremely conservatively. But date rapists would be more likely to target personalities or simply target women who go on dates with them, with no care for whether their clothing says "I'm easy" to them. Because the date rapist isn't likely to have to worry about that, after all they are already on a date with the person. As for the pickup type rapist (pickup a woman from the bar who simply agrees to go someone "more private" with them), well even then you wouldn't know what exactly attracted the man to the woman. It is almost definitely not going to be what they wear, specifically not the "skimpy" or "more revealing" clothing because that mainly attracts rapists. Any type of clothing could still attract this pickup type rapist, because they are more likely to use location/intoxication into account more than clothing. Any woman who they meet in clubs could say "yes" to going home with them but still turn them down for sex. And most men know this.
    Yes, and I have to wonder - does this really need to go on for another 84 pages? You got some nitwit who keeps trying to concoct ways to blame women for their own sexual assaults, and can't even keep his own arguments consistent apparently. It's a simple fact that's been demonstrated over and over again in the profiles of rapists and serial killers, that they pick their targets for matching a profile that catches their interest....not by how much or how little clothing they were wearing at the time of abduction!
    Why should our nastiness be the baggage of an apish past and our kindness uniquely human? Why should we not seek continuity with other animals for our "noble" traits as well?
    Stephen J. Gould

  10. #840
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Rape and Clothing-w-man-shovel-jpg

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •