View Poll Results: Rape and clothing correlation

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I suspect women are wearing revealing clothes in most rape cases

    1 0.98%
  • I suspect that a man/woman will rape regardless of the victims clothing

    28 27.45%
  • I think some women are inviting dangerous attention when wearing revealing attire

    6 5.88%
  • I don't think clothes have anything to do with rape

    56 54.90%
  • Other

    11 10.78%
Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 840

Thread: Rape and Clothing

  1. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Here's another one Gathomas. These women wear hijabs and burqas and other such "conservative" clothing.

    Syrian women's lives devastated by rape | Middle East | DW.DE | 06.12.2013

  2. #812
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you kidding. That's dumb. There were more than a "couple." In fact, in a couple of them there were a LARGE percentage of men who admitted to rape, and THAT is the important statistic because the women get thrown in jail and shunned from society, sometimes even killed for reporting rape over there. You are being just insane about this. It's really getting tiresome and pathetic. It's obvious to everyone on this thread that you don't know what you're talking about and that you are only speaking from your OWN biases.
    The fact of the matter is that you haven't put up any hard data. At best, it is anecdotal.

    Where men "admitting to rape" is concerned, that depends upon the definition used. The source you posted just a page ago confirmed that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I was actually just looking over that myself.

    It raises a few questions.

    First off, what in the Hell is a "rape scale," and how is it calculated?

    Secondly, if rape is really so underreported in that part of the world, where on Earth are they getting their data from?

  3. #813
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The fact of the matter is that you haven't put up any hard data. At best, it is anecdotal.

    Where men "admitting to rape" is concerned, that depends upon the definition used. The source you posted just a page ago confirmed that.



    I was actually just looking over that myself.

    It raises a few questions.

    First off, what in the Hell is a "rape scale," and how is it calculated?

    Secondly, if rape is really so underreported in that part of the world, where on Earth are they getting their data from?
    Are you actually saying that you believe rape is more common here in the United States than in the Middle East based upon the statistics that are provided? Man, that is so dumb beyond belief. Pathetic. I keep providing link after link after link, with Human Rights officials and other reputable sources, and you keep on with your denial.

    RAPE is part of the culture in the Middle East. Didn't you know this?

  4. #814
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Your posts are making me feel physically ill, seriously.

  5. #815
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Here's another one Gathomas. These women wear hijabs and burqas and other such "conservative" clothing.

    Syrian women's lives devastated by rape | Middle East | DW.DE | 06.12.2013
    Again, this is anecdotal. In terms of sheer numbers, it also isn't even that bad (6000 since the beginning of the conflict).

    According to some estimates, anywhere from 300,000 to 1.3 million women are raped in the United States each and every year.

    Which country has the highest reported incidents of rape? [DATA]

  6. #816
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Again, this is anecdotal. In terms of sheer numbers, it also isn't even that bad (6000 since the beginning of the conflict).

    According to some estimates, anywhere from 300,000 to 1.3 million women are raped in the United States each and every year.

    Which country has the highest reported incidents of rape? [DATA]
    OMG! That's because the rapes are NOT reported. The statistics are unreliable, and the countries are not reliable at reporting accurate statistics like the United States is. OUR statistics are TRUE and reliable numbers, gathered and collected by experts. Do you actually think the same happens in Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, etc.?

    That is NUTS! You are so uneducated about this issue, and your posts really show it. RIdiculous. I'm out of here.

  7. #817
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you actually saying that you believe rape is more common here in the United States than in the Middle East based upon the statistics that are provided? Man, that is so dumb beyond belief. Pathetic. I keep providing link after link after link, with Human Rights officials and other reputable sources, and you keep on with your denial.

    RAPE is part of the culture in the Middle East. Didn't you know this?
    A) You haven't provided any actual statistics. That's the whole problem. You've only provided anecdotes so far, and one unqualified measure in "rape-scale."

    B) Going by the statistics, the US still has a freakishly high rape rate.

    Which country has the highest reported incidents of rape? [DATA]

    These numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, however. Statistics on the subject vary widely. The United States had more than 80,000 cases of rape reported to the police from 2004 to 2010, according to UN data. But the US Justice Department estimates 300,000 American women are raped every year, and the Centers for Disease Control puts the number much higher at 1.3 million.

    When looking at reported rape cases per capita, Australia, Botswana and Lesotho rank highest. But tallying sheer totals, Europe and the Americas consistently top the charts.
    That's exactly why I was saying that I was curious to see how this so called "rape scale" was being calculated.

    It might very well be correct, for all I know. However, I'm not going to simply accept that as a given.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Your posts are making me feel physically ill, seriously.
    Facts are facts.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-23-14 at 04:11 AM.

  8. #818
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    OMG! That's because the rapes are NOT reported. The statistics are unreliable, and the countries are not reliable at reporting accurate statistics like the United States is. OUR statistics are TRUE and reliable numbers, gathered and collected by experts. Do you actually think the same happens in Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, etc.?

    That is NUTS! You are so uneducated about this issue, and your posts really show it. RIdiculous. I'm out of here.
    It doesn't matter what happens where. The simple fact of the matter is that you have provided absolutely no hard evidence to back your claims.

    You're basically making an appeal to ignorance.

    i.e.

    "We can't know for sure, so it must be higher!"

    I'm sorry, but that's not the way these kinds of claims work.

  9. #819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the poll, majority opinion and civility says otherwise
    You assume that I care about any of those things?

    well i would say that PEOPLE shouldn't drink so much that they endanger themselves and yes if one is doing such surrounding yourself with strangers is worsens the situation. this is basic common sense
    Then you agree, contrary to your ridiculous earlier claim, that it is justifiable to suggest that women alter their behaviors under certain circumstances to better ensure their own safety?

    Good.

    We are in agreement.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-23-14 at 04:09 AM.

  10. #820
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    1.)You assume that I care about any of those things?
    2.)Then you agree, contrary to your ridiculous earlier claim, that it is justifiable to suggest that women alter their behaviors under certain circumstances to better ensure their own safety?

    Good.

    We are in agreement.
    1.) wow wrong again LOL do you ever not post anything thats not completely made up? do you ever actually read whats on the screen, understand it and not have a made up discussion in your head?
    I didnt even COME CLOSE in the slightest bit to assume or suggest that you care. I was just pointing out facts.

    Your BS and strawman fails again

    2.) no i dont agree with the insanity you posted earlier no was my statement ridiculous it was factual nor does it have anything to do with what you are saying now which had nothing to do with what me and CHrisl was talking about lol. Man you NEVER stop posting stuff thats completely made up.

    May statment is women dont have to change the behavior of how the dress, PERIOD.

    and then now when you are talking a different subject the reality and common sense is EVERYBODY should be aware of thier own saftey and not drink so much they lose the ablity to do so.

    so again no i dont agree with you that clothes play a role lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •