View Poll Results: Rape and clothing correlation

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I suspect women are wearing revealing clothes in most rape cases

    1 0.98%
  • I suspect that a man/woman will rape regardless of the victims clothing

    28 27.45%
  • I think some women are inviting dangerous attention when wearing revealing attire

    6 5.88%
  • I don't think clothes have anything to do with rape

    56 54.90%
  • Other

    11 10.78%
Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 840

Thread: Rape and Clothing

  1. #801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    A) Those weren't "links."

    B) You're not putting up any actual numbers.

    I absolutely agree with you. What you described in each of those excerpts was terrible. However, you have presented nothing factual comparing actual rape rates.

    As I just pointed out, our own rate might very well be freakishly high. There's really nothing to suggest that more traditional societies are any worse.
    For EXAMPLE Gathomas, jeez, I suppose there were NO rapes in Botswana in 2003! Holy SMOKES!!!

    Rape at the national level, number of police-recorded offenses
    Total count Rate per 100,000 population
    Country/territory 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
    Kenya 1440 1365 1291 876 735 847 4.1 3.8 3.5 2.3 1.9 2.1
    Mauritius 53 40 38 64 77 69 57 51 4.3 3.2 3.0 5.1 6.0 5.4 4.4 3.9
    Mozambique 102 64 46 41 47 44 0.5 0.3 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2
    Uganda 0 549 732 750 599 1536 619 709 2.0 2.0 2.6 2.6 2.0 4.9 1.9 2.1
    Zimbabwe 3858 4997 4790 4967 4762 3186 30.6 39.7 38.1 39.6 38.2 25.6
    Cameroon 451 555 592 580 447 2.7 3.2 3.4 3.2 2.4
    Algeria 723 630 376 495 836 812 2.3 1.9 1.1 1.5 2.5 2.4
    Morocco 618 453 475 1063 1215 1130 1507 2.1 1.5 1.6 3.5 3.9 3.6 4.8
    Sudan 1189 2.9
    Botswana 1754 1865 88.5 92.9
    Lesotho 1797 1878 1777 85.3 88.3 82.7



    Crap, you can't really make out the chart, but according to it, several countries had NO rapes at all for several years if you're going to go by THEIR statistics.

  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Going by what this proposes, a lot of date rape cases wouldn't even count as rape.

    Are you aware of that?



    And? Murder has always happened too.

    That doesn't mean that there aren't certain places and behaviors a person should avoid if they don't want to be murdered themselves.



    There is no such thing as "complete freedom," and there never will be. furthermore, a certain amount of fear is also not only desirable, but healthy.

    There are bad people out there. You should be afraid of them, and what they can do.

    Again, I'm not applying any standard to women here that I would not also apply to myself. I wouldn't loiter around a bad neighborhood at night wearing expensive clothing, and I wouldn't party at a gay club wearing assless chaps and letting gay men buy me drinks left and right.

    They simply wouldn't be good ideas. I'm not any less "free" because I recognize that fact.

    I'm simply alive and unviolated.
    Blah, blah, blah, I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore until you ADMIT that you are wrong and that clothing is a negligible factor in rapes. Women do NOT have to dress conservatively to avoid being raped. That is BOGUS information, because most rapes have absolutely NOTHING to do with clothing.

  3. #803
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    DERP! We in the United States collect and REPORT our statistics reliably. Other countries (especially those in the ME) do NOT do this. Really, do you realize how SILLY you are being about this? My GOD, pull your head out of your own butt!!!

    Not only that but to deny that rape would be much MORE underreported in Middle Eastern countries is just . . . STUPID!
    I'm not denying any of these things, Chris. What I'm saying is that I haven't seen anything to suggest that the ME's rape rate is greater than or equal to that of the West.

    You're not making an argument from evidence here, but the absence of it.

    All I said was that, objectively speaking, crimes like date rape are going to be a lot less likely in a culture like the Middle East, because concepts like "dating" don't even really exist in the first place.

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Going by what this proposes, a lot of date rape cases wouldn't even count as rape.

    Are you aware of that?



    And? Murder has always happened too.

    That doesn't mean that there aren't certain places and behaviors a person should avoid if they don't want to be murdered themselves.



    There is no such thing as "complete freedom," and there never will be. furthermore, a certain amount of fear is also not only desirable, but healthy.

    There are bad people out there. You should be afraid of them, and what they can do.

    Again, I'm not applying any standard to women here that I would not also apply to myself. I wouldn't loiter around a bad neighborhood at night wearing expensive clothing, and I wouldn't party at a gay club wearing assless chaps and letting gay men buy me drinks left and right.

    They simply wouldn't be good ideas. I'm not any less "free" because I recognize that fact.

    I'm simply alive and unviolated.
    It says that a lot of the "reported" rapes included things such as women regretting a sexual encounter. It is trying to describe to you HOW and WHY rape statistics are NOT reliable at all.

  5. #805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I'm not denying any of these things, Chris. What I'm saying is that I haven't seen anything to suggest that the ME's rape rate is greater than or equal to that of the West.

    You're not making an argument from evidence here, but the absence of it.

    All I said was that, objectively speaking, crimes like date rape are going to be a lot less likely in a culture like the Middle East, because concepts like "dating" don't even really exist in the first place.
    You're full of it. All of the links I showed revealed a PREVALENCE of rape in those countries in the Middle East. Rape in the ME is like a part of their CULTURE. Good Lord! This is just getting more dumb.

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    my statement to Chris L does not need qualified lol
    It was stupid, so, yea, it kind of does.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and no women should not have to alter thier behavior because of people with mental problems.
    That is a nonsense slogan. It doesn't mean anything.

    other than that youll have to tell me what behavior you are talking about?

    when me and chris L were talking we were talking about the behavior of dress, is this the issue you are talking about? a simple yes or no will do
    I already told you. Drinking to excess and partying with strange men in an excessively flirtatious manner in isolated environments.

    If a woman wants to be safe, some rather fundamental things about those behaviors need to be altered.

    also you haven't told me what the problem is yet, why do you keep dodging it, please dont answer and prove your posts to fail again
    See above.

  7. #807
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Blah, blah, blah, I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore until you ADMIT that you are wrong and that clothing is a negligible factor in rapes. Women do NOT have to dress conservatively to avoid being raped. That is BOGUS information, because most rapes have absolutely NOTHING to do with clothing.
    Again, in most cases, it is not a major factor. In some, it can play a contributing role.

    This has been my stance all along, and it is not changing now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It says that a lot of the "reported" rapes included things such as women regretting a sexual encounter. It is trying to describe to you HOW and WHY rape statistics are NOT reliable at all.
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You're full of it. All of the links I showed revealed a PREVALENCE of rape in those countries in the Middle East. Rape in the ME is like a part of their CULTURE. Good Lord! This is just getting more dumb.
    No, they really did not. They stated that it was a problem, and gave a couple of examples of horrible crimes or abuses which had taken place in recent years.

    Rape is always a problem, so such statements don't really mean anything in and of themselves. None of the information you presented was making any kind of comparison to the United States or the Western World in general either.

    As such, it doesn't support the claim you're trying to make here.

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Again, in most cases, it is not a major factor. In some, it can play a contributing role.

    This has been my stance all along, and it is not changing now.



    Okay.



    No, they really did not. They stated that it was a problem, and gave a couple of examples of horrible crimes or abuses which had taken place in recent years.

    Rape is always a problem, so such statements don't really mean anything in and of themselves. None of the information you presented was making any kind of comparison to the United States or the Western World in general either.

    As such, it doesn't support the claim you're trying to make here.
    Are you kidding. That's dumb. There were more than a "couple." In fact, in a couple of them there were a LARGE percentage of men who admitted to rape, and THAT is the important statistic because the women get thrown in jail and shunned from society, sometimes even killed for reporting rape over there. You are being just insane about this. It's really getting tiresome and pathetic. It's obvious to everyone on this thread that you don't know what you're talking about and that you are only speaking from your OWN biases.

  9. #809
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    1.)It was stupid, so, yea, it kind of does.
    2.)That is a nonsense slogan. It doesn't mean anything.
    3.)I already told you. Drinking to excess and partying with strange men in an excessively flirtatious manner in isolated environments.
    4.)If a woman wants to be safe, some rather fundamental things about those behaviors need to be altered.
    5.)See above.
    1.) lol reality, the poll, majority opinion and civility says otherwise
    2.) see #1
    3.) wow another posted lie, no you didnt i asked about 10 times and you ran from it. Nor can you follow instructions. SO your answer was NO you are not talking about dress like we were. got it.

    so now you want to know my opinion of women drinking to excess and partying with strange men in an excessively flirtatious manner in isolated environments?
    and you are calling that the problem?

    well i would say that PEOPLE shouldn't drink so much that they endanger themselves and yes if one is doing such surrounding yourself with strangers is worsens the situation. this is basic common sense

    4.) again this applies to PEOPLE, if PEOPLE want to be safe they shouldn't drink so much they endanger themselves. This is already known and if people dont know they should be taught better.

    but most importantly dress wont effect the above lol

    5.) its about time
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #810
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Again, in most cases, it is not a major factor. In some, it can play a contributing role.

    This has been my stance all along, and it is not changing now.



    Okay.



    No, they really did not. They stated that it was a problem, and gave a couple of examples of horrible crimes or abuses which had taken place in recent years.

    Rape is always a problem, so such statements don't really mean anything in and of themselves. None of the information you presented was making any kind of comparison to the United States or the Western World in general either.

    As such, it doesn't support the claim you're trying to make here.
    Read, READ this link PLEASE!

    The High Rape-Scale in Saudi Arabia | The WomanStats Project

Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •