View Poll Results: Rape and clothing correlation

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I suspect women are wearing revealing clothes in most rape cases

    1 0.98%
  • I suspect that a man/woman will rape regardless of the victims clothing

    28 27.45%
  • I think some women are inviting dangerous attention when wearing revealing attire

    6 5.88%
  • I don't think clothes have anything to do with rape

    56 54.90%
  • Other

    11 10.78%
Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 840

Thread: Rape and Clothing

  1. #541
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Who asked you? We are talking about men's opinions after all.

    Do you even qualify?
    yep thats what i thought since you cant defend your fallacy stance you resort to failed insults. Nothing new here.
    I know that myself and all the men i know wouldnt be affected in anyway what so ever if they were looking at a girl in a parka or butt naked and passed out when it comes to the issue of rape and unwanted touching. lol

    SO again speak for yourself not men, because the majority do not share your uncontrollable feelings

    let me know when you can back up your factually wrong stance.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #542
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    According to what?
    One of the links I posted touched on this issue.

    Which is nonsense. There in not that much deviation in what guys tend to find attractive.

    99.9% of the time, a reasonably attractive woman wearing skimpy clothing is going to sexually excite a man.
    It doesn't matter. They can find a woman sexually attractive in jeans too. Unless you are suggesting that we all walk around wearing burqas, the suggestions about dressing "more conservatively" are stupid.



    Where non-serial offenders are concerned, you still have yet to demonstrate that they even are "mentally diseased."
    Of course they are. What kind of man would get off on a girl begging him to NOT have sex with her and crying and fighting (and I don't mean role-playing LOL)? A sick man, that's what kind of man. What kind of man wants to have sex with an unresponsive corpse (which is basically what having sex with a passed out drunk person must be like)? A sick and disturbed man.



    If you're trying to get laid and going after the conservatively dressed women, you're doing it wrong.

    That's not true at all. There are plenty of women who dress conservatively and sleep around. Obviously you don't know many women. Most girls who dress provocatively are looking for ATTENTION, not sex.

    If a woman's not planning on actually sleeping with anyone, it's a terrible idea simply because she's openly inviting misinterpretation of her intentions.

    If she is, it's still kind of a bad idea, simply because promiscuity is an inherently risky activity.
    Obviously, women disagree with you.

    Who did you think I was talking about? You? Are you angry about something Gathomas?
    You didn't answer this one.

    Some of them are.

    I fail to see how this implies that I want women to all dress in Burkas, like you were claiming.
    Some PEOPLE are, men and women, and the way they dress has nothing to do with that.

    About burqas, you said (in a semi-kidding manner) once that "it wouldn't be such a bad idea." But I think you were semi-serious too.

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I wish we could help, but we already create so many problems since we left the non-intervention stance behind. Personally I realize that we have to slowly retract our military presence around the globe, and I wish we could justify ending the multiple global atrocities but if we started that on a global scale it would wear us very thin both from a manpower and a monetary perspective. The U.N. is supposed to handle that kind of thing, but they are useless, in fact some of my local friends were in that continent assisting with U.N. peacekeeping missions and they said that some of the peacekeepers were as bad or worse than the people we were supposed to be fighting, and the rules of engagement were just good to get our guys killed.
    Did you ever see the movie Tears of the Sun? I think Bruce Willis was in it. It was an excellent movie but it really pissed me off at the same time with all the bureaucratic red tape and stuff.

    I'm pretty sure it was based on a true story about a special ops team that went over to Africa (Nigeria maybe?) to fight some rebels, and it was supposed to be some secret mission, but something "governmental" ended up happening, so just as they had made some headway in "taking care" of the problem, they had to leave, and the place fell into disarray again.
    Last edited by ChrisL; 02-20-14 at 02:29 AM.

  4. #544
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentJ
    yep thats what i thought since you cant defend your fallacy stance you resort to failed insults. Nothing new here.
    I know that myself and all the men i know wouldnt be affected in anyway what so ever if they were looking at a girl in a parka or butt naked and passed out when it comes to the issue of rape and unwanted touching. lol

    SO again speak for yourself not men, because the majority do not share your uncontrollable feelings

    let me know when you can back up your factually wrong stance.
    I never said that I felt that way. However, a great many men do.

    Do you deny this?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    One of the links I posted touched on this issue.
    You're going to have to show me the specific data.

    It doesn't matter. They can find a woman sexually attractive in jeans too. Unless you are suggesting that we all walk around wearing burqas, the suggestions about dressing "more conservatively" are stupid.
    Appearing to be "sexually attractive," and "sexually available" are different things.

    Very provocative attire makes a woman appear to be the latter.

    Of course they are. What kind of man would get off on a girl begging him to NOT have sex with her and crying and fighting (and I don't mean role-playing LOL)? A sick man, that's what kind of man. What kind of man wants to have sex with an unresponsive corpse (which is basically what having sex with a passed out drunk person must be like)? A sick and disturbed man.
    He might very well have some "disturbed" or "anti-social" tendencies, but that does not mean that he is clinically ill, or necessarily different from a normal man in what he finds to be physically attractive.

    A lot of people have anti-social tendencies who are not mentally ill.

    That's not true at all. There are plenty of women who dress conservatively and sleep around.
    You got a source for that?

    Most girls who dress provocatively are looking for ATTENTION, not sex.
    Then they're being stupid, because for men, they're the same thing.

    I also do not believe for a single second that women who make a deliberate point of dressing promiscuously are not often also promiscuous.

    Obviously, women disagree with you.
    And a lot of them get in trouble; hence why I consider it to be indicative of "poor judgment."

    You didn't answer this one.
    I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    So far, I've been accused of hating women, wanting them to wear burkas, and being a closet rapist.

    You never can tell sometimes.
    See?

    Some PEOPLE are, men and women, and the way they dress has nothing to do with that.
    By and large, I think you are going to find a correlation between style of dress and behavior in both men and women.

    About burqas, you said (in a semi-kidding manner) once that "it wouldn't be such a bad idea." But I think you were semi-serious too.
    If women wanted to make absolutely sure that men never got the "wrong idea," yes.

    However, I never said that achieving that goal was necessarily desirable in the first place.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-20-14 at 02:36 AM.

  5. #545
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    You're going to have to show me the specific data.
    No way man! I'm not going back and finding them. I've been posting them for you, and you haven't even looked at them, that's not my problem. You'll have to go back and find them.


    Appearing to be sexually attractive, and sexually available are different things.

    Very provocative attire makes a woman appear to be the latter.
    I don't think that matters to the rapist. What matters most to the rapist:

    1) Is he going to be able to get away with it?
    2) Is this woman going to put up too much of a fight?
    3) Is it going to be easy enough to get her alone?

    As I posted earlier, it is entirely possible that a woman who is dressed too overtly sexual may actually turn him off because of issues like self confidence and ego that said woman may possess. He wants an EASY target. He might even go for the most disgustingly drunk girl at the bar, and she could be dressed conservatively. There are plenty of women who go to bars and get inebriated, wearing pants suits and similar type clothing.

    Let's look at how often rapes happen outside of strip clubs. If clothing or sexual availability of a person was a factor, then one would think strippers would be BIG targets. I really don't feel like it right now, but if you wanted to see what you could find about strippers being raped outside of the clubs, that might be interesting.



    He might very well have some "disturbed" or "anti-social" tendencies, but that does not mean that he is clinically ill, or necessarily different from a normal man in what he finds to be physically attractive.

    A lot of people have anti-social tendencies who are not mentally ill.
    They AT LEAST suffer from a personality disorder. If they can rape a woman, that means they don't have any empathy, and that is a classic sign of a sociopath. Why would you doubt that a rapist would be a sociopath? I would think that is just common sense. MOST men do not rape women. Only the mentally disturbed do, or those who suffer from a narcissistic type personality disorder perhaps (although that IS a symptom of a sociopath).



    You got a source for that?
    Yes, I've known plenty and I've seen it myself many times.



    Then they're being stupid, because for men, they're the same thing.

    I also do not believe for a single second that women who dress promiscuously are not often also promiscuous.
    Well, you would be wrong on both counts.

    And a lot of them get in trouble; hence why I consider it to be indicative of "poor judgment."
    A LOT of them do not get in trouble. YOU are blaming the wrong people here.

    I did.



    See?
    Why would you have a problem if women had to wear burqas?



    By and large, I think you are going to find a correlation between style of dress and behavior in both men and women.
    Those are only YOUR prejudices and prejudgments.

    If women wanted to make absolutely sure that men never got the "wrong idea," yes.

    However, I never said that achieving that goal was necessarily desirable in the first place.
    Good God!

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    These posts are getting TOO long again. Stop breaking up every single sentence. Try responding to en bloc instead.

  7. #547
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    1.)I never said that I felt that way.
    2.)However, a great many men do.
    Do you deny this?
    translation: you still have nothing to back up your false claims.

    1.) obviously you do, thats the only logical reason for your obvious projection with ZERO to support it. That much confidence in something so wrong cant really be explained any other way.

    2.) it has nothing to do with "me", depending on your definition of "great many" yes facts prove it wrong.

    theres about 150 million males in the US, heck 1% could be a great many

    if you want me to say there are a lot of mentally deranged and sick people in the world i tell you yes every time

    if you want me to say the majority of mean can be affected by what a women is wearing in regards to rape or unwanted touching of course the answer is no, thinking otherwise is completely absurd lol

    now again do you have any factually proof of your inane claims or will you continue to project
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No way man! I'm not going back and finding them. I've been posting them for you, and you haven't even looked at them, that's not my problem. You'll have to go back and find them.
    None of those sources provided any kind of specific figures on the likelihood of a "nice girl" being date raped vs a "bad girl."

    At least one of them did imply that more promiscuous women might be at a greater risk, however, IIRC.

    I don't think that matters to the rapist. What matters most to the rapist:

    1) Is he going to be able to get away with it?
    2) Is this woman going to put up too much of a fight?
    3) Is it going to be easy enough to get her alone?

    As I posted earlier, it is entirely possible that a woman who is dressed too overtly sexual may actually turn him off because of issues like self confidence and ego that said woman may possess. He wants an EASY target. He might even go for the most disgustingly drunk girl at the bar, and she could be dressed conservatively. There are plenty of women who go to bars and get inebriated, wearing pants suits and similar type clothing.
    Again, you're assuming that we're talking about dedicated serial rapists here. They are not the kind who most commonly commit date rape.

    Let's look at how often rapes happen outside of strip clubs. If clothing or sexual availability of a person was a factor, then one would think strippers would be BIG targets. I really don't feel like it right now, but if you wanted to see what you could find about strippers being raped outside of the clubs, that might be interesting.
    You know that strip clubs generally have big scary bouncers guarding the exits for a reason, right?

    They AT LEAST suffer from a personality disorder. If they can rape a woman, that means they don't have any empathy, and that is a classic sign of a sociopath. Why would you doubt that a rapist would be a sociopath? I would think that is just common sense. MOST men do not rape women. Only the mentally disturbed do, or those who suffer from a narcissistic type personality disorder perhaps (although that IS a symptom of a sociopath).
    Maybe they do, but that's still not any reason to assume that they are all clinically ill.

    I'm going to have to see some kind of evidence before I believe that.

    Yes, I've known plenty and I've seen it myself many times.
    Again, I can think of no reason whatsoever to imagine that women who dress conservatively would be more promiscuous than those who deliberately dress to attract male attention.

    Frankly, they would be doing it wrong.

    Well, you would be wrong on both counts.
    I see absolutely no reason to assume that.

    A LOT of them do not get in trouble. YOU are blaming the wrong people here.
    I'm not "blaming" anyone. A lot of women do get in trouble, precisely because of the behaviors we are currently discussing.

    It is a fact.

    Those are only YOUR prejudices and prejudgments.
    No, it's true. Generally speaking, the guy and gal at the bar with half a hundred notches on their bed posts are going to show at least some outward sign of it.

    Good God!
    It's true.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-20-14 at 03:02 AM.

  9. #549
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you still have nothing to back up your false claims.

    1.) obviously you do, thats the only logical reason for your obvious projection with ZERO to support it. That much confidence in something so wrong cant really be explained any other way.

    2.) it has nothing to do with "me", depending on your definition of "great many" yes facts prove it wrong.

    theres about 150 million males in the US, heck 1% could be a great many

    if you want me to say there are a lot of mentally deranged and sick people in the world i tell you yes every time

    if you want me to say the majority of mean can be affected by what a women is wearing in regards to rape or unwanted touching of course the answer is no, thinking otherwise is completely absurd lol

    now again do you have any factually proof of your inane claims or will you continue to project
    If you're seriously trying to claim that most men do not make assumptions about the women they meet based upon their style of dress, you are simply out of touch with reality.

  10. #550
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Did you ever see the movie Tears of the Sun? I think Bruce Willis was in it. It was an excellent movie but it really pissed me off at the same time with all the bureaucratic red tape and stuff.

    I'm pretty sure it was based on a true story about a special ops team that went over to Africa (Nigeria maybe?) to fight some rebels, and it was supposed to be some secret mission, but something "governmental" ended up happening, so just as they had made some headway in "taking care" of the problem, they had to leave, and the place fell into disarray again.
    I've seen bits and pieces of it, well done movie.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •