View Poll Results: Rape and clothing correlation

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I suspect women are wearing revealing clothes in most rape cases

    1 0.98%
  • I suspect that a man/woman will rape regardless of the victims clothing

    28 27.45%
  • I think some women are inviting dangerous attention when wearing revealing attire

    6 5.88%
  • I don't think clothes have anything to do with rape

    56 54.90%
  • Other

    11 10.78%
Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 840

Thread: Rape and Clothing

  1. #91
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    There's several different kinds of rape, and different kinds of rapists. I think this discussion would be better served to differentiate between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Of course. It is a combination of things.

    A woman can be as sexual as she wants if she knows she has friends nearby to "back her up" if things get out of hand.
    And what kind of clothing are we talking about here? Because you're idea of "revealing clothing" and someone else's idea of revealing clothing might be two different things. I have the feeling that you would consider something as mundane as a miniskirt to be "revealing."

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Dangerous environments? Do you think most rapes here in the US occur in "dangerous environments?" And what are these dangerous environments? Night clubs? Somebody's home? Walking down the street?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Frat houses. Dorm rooms. Parks.

    You know, dangerous places.
    Yup, yup.

    Depending on the time of day, the size of the group the girl is with, and how vulnerable / appealing a target she happens to appear, of course.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Yup, yup.

    Depending on the time of day, the size of the group the girl is with, and how vulnerable / appealing a target she happens to appear, of course.
    So basically ANY place could be a "danger" zone. It's really dependent upon where the rapist is and has nothing to do with the female victim.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And what kind of clothing are we talking about here? Because you're idea of "revealing clothing" and someone else's idea of revealing clothing might be two different things. I have the feeling that you would consider something as mundane as a miniskirt to be "revealing."
    Any clothing designed to draw an extreme amount of sexual attention would qualify; especially the kind that generally isn't considered to be especially "classy."

    Again, however; clothing alone isn't going to play the major role anyway so much as behavior and circumstances. It simply has a tendency to lead to profiling which may draw the attention of a rapist or exacerbate a misunderstanding with a man who has the potential to be a rapist.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    I know I've also heard of rapists who target victims based on OTHER factors, such as hair color, size, etc. I've heard that Ted Bundy had a preference for petite brunettes.

  7. #97
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    A Female Mom gave this good one today.
    A boy with five girls is a hero.
    A girl with five boys is a slut. (especially in Rush's vocab)

    How do you want your freshman teenaged girl marked for life next year?
    You know what they say about 1st impressions .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    So basically ANY place could be a "danger" zone. It's really dependent upon where the rapist is and has nothing to do with the female victim.
    The woman's role in all of this is to not make herself into the kind of "soft target" that a rapist, or a potential rapist, might want to approach in the first place.

    Clothing can play a role in this, but it is far from the sole or most important factor.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Any clothing designed to draw an extreme amount of sexual attention would qualify; especially the kind that generally isn't considered to be especially "classy."

    Again, however; clothing alone isn't going to play the major role anyway so much as behavior and circumstances. It just has the potential to lead to profiling which may draw the attention of a rapist or exacerbate a misunderstanding with a man who has the potential to be a rapist.
    I don't think that is most rapists' MO. IT is a crime of opportunity in the vast majority of cases.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rape and Clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The woman's role in all of this is to not make herself into the kind of "soft target" that a rapist, or a potential rapist, might want to approach in the first place.

    Clothing can play a role in this, but it is far from the sole or most important factor.
    This pisses me OFF to no end!

    You are actually saying that women should not have FREEDOM of clothing choice.

Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •