View Poll Results: As a young man (early 20s) would you date a 15 or 16 year old?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not?

    15 15.15%
  • Hell no!

    84 84.85%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 203

Thread: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women[W:74]

  1. #31
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    If you think I had any 15/16 year old in mine when I posted that post, you thought wrong. Regardless, there are some good looking freshmen/sophomores in my school
    My point was, you're likely to be rather restricted in your dating pool in high school. And being in the same HS, there are 15/16 year olds in that pool. Also, looking is not the same as action. However, you should be aware of the dangers, something I believe HS doesn't teach - you could find yourself reporting every place you move for a lifetime if you mess around with one of those freshman who has parents who will go there with charges.

  2. #32
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    First, you say young 20's so I'm guessing you're meaning in that 20-23 year old range.

    Now, with that said...yeah, I'd probalby consider it. I'd be foolish to say I wouldn't. But it'd have to be in a pretty specific type of situation for it to occur.

    The parents would have to be fully aware of the relationship. There's no chance that I'd be comfortable behind their backs with the risk of the law. It'd have to be a state where the legal age is closer to 17 than 18. It'd need to a situation where I'd think there was actually a chance for it to be a long lasting type of situation, not one where I'm thinking it'd end within the first few months. She'd need to be of the physical and mental maturity to easily fit in around my age group of friends. I'd probably need to have met her in a situation where I had no clue what her age was initially. Most likely I'd need to be closer to the 20 to 21 years rather than 22 or 23, and preferably still in college as opposed to out and on my own. And it'd probably need the girl to be closer to 16 than 15.

    But yeah, there'd at least be a consideration there if there was actual strong legitimate emotions between the two of us and it was in a situation similar to the above.

    But if it was a situation where I randomly met some 16 year old at the mall and she starts trying to want to hook up and I'm 22? No, no chance in hell. That juice is not worth the squeeze. And the reality is there are plenty of attractive, interesting, legal girls that you'd be meeting at that time. That's why I stated there'd be a situation where I could see considering it...but it'd be a pretty specific one and it's basically just accounting for the fact that it COULD happen but it's probably unlikely.
    I never thought of this until I read your thread. I'm glad you say you wouldn't sneak around behind the parents back. However would it be worth her having to ask her parents every time you wanted to take her out?I'm thinking the nice thing about being an adult is that you no longer have to get permission from mommy and daddy. Wouldn't that put a monkey wrench in things?

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    I don't see a problem with it. If your that young and immature, why wouldn't you date someone else that is also young and immature? There is not that great of a difference in outlook and interests between those ages. If what people keep saying about girls maturing faster, the 15 year old girl may actually be more mature than a 22 year old male.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Yup, see I understand that lots of girls look older than they actually are. My girls have looked older ever since they hit puberty, and my 16 year old could easily pass for 18 or 19. I was just informed, though, that most men would be OK dating a 16 year old (even if they KNEW they were 16) if they were in their early 20s, and that I should be scared for my teenage daughters - basically because most men felt that way.
    Well see, that's a different situation.

    I think there are three general types of guys out there when it comes to this...

    Skeezbags. The types that will actively go after a younger girl, or will be rather open to it if the situation happens (and has no issue putting themselves into such situations), because they either get off by the notion OR they figure a younger girl will be enticed or made "easier" by the notion of an "older guy" whose "way more mature". They'll generally try to encourage the girl to keep it secret from a parents, or would be trying to meet them for secret meetings alone, and are generally always trying to push it towards a sexual thing. There are definitely guys out there like this and I watched it happen in HS as a guy who was friends with girls that had it happen and in college as a guy seeing/hearnig about the skeevy guys that tried it.

    Happen stance guys. Situations like I suggested above. The guy meets the girl in a way that age isn't reasonably something they would guess. It's not someone cruising around some place in the mall or at some high school football game; but rather you meet in a setting where the teen is reasonably and understandably intermixed in something that's just thought of as primarily being adults. They're likely someone whose rather apprehensive about it at first, is probably going out of their way to be upfront about it with parents and others if/when it actually looks like it may be going farther, and whose actually showing the signs of legitimate honest romantic interest. Now each parent would have to decide if that'd be okay for them, and it'd vary parent to parent, but I think this is kind of a differnet category of guys. Skeevy guys are going for the younger girls because of the age for one reason or another...this type, age just happens to be an issue rather than a large factor for the relationship. A couple friend of mine actually recently got married that I knew at the start like this. One was in college, the other in high school when they started dating. The older guy was friends with her brother, the parents knew him well and trusted him, and they felt it was a genuine romantic interest and were okay with it. Admittedly, I think these type of situations are probably the least common though.

    Then you have the guys that just have no interest in it. Maybe it's an actual aversion. Maybe they just don't want the legal trouble. Or a handful of other reasons. But they just don't have active interest. I think this is probably the majority of guys out there, but by no means an overwhelming one most likely.

  5. #35
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,584

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Good answers, and I appreciate the honesty.

    The numbers are actually going more the way I thought they would. There are some who would, but much more who would not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  6. #36
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,584

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Thanks, Zyphlin. I appreciate the honesty. And everyone else, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    I never thought of this until I read your thread. I'm glad you say you wouldn't sneak around behind the parents back. However would it be worth her having to ask her parents every time you wanted to take her out?I'm thinking the nice thing about being an adult is that you no longer have to get permission from mommy and daddy. Wouldn't that put a monkey wrench in things?
    Well, that's kind of the point.

    If there's an actual legitimate romantic connection there...it will be worth having to be upfront with them and honest with them each step of the way. Just like any other relationship, if you care about the person genuinely then you'll jump over hurdles.

    And like I said, it'd have to be the right situation. Take the one I described in a later post. The older guy in that situation was known by the parents. They basically watched him grow up. They knew him to be a genuinely good, respectable guy. They honestly believed that the interest between the two was not just some sexual thing where he was trying to take advantage of their daughter. Because there was trust there on the part of the parents, and because there was actual real emotions between the two, it worked.

    Is that going to be the case every time or even most of the time? Probably not. But it's the type of thing that would keep me from going "NO WAY!" as an absolute because I do think there are situations and ways in which it could happen, and be pretty reasonable to be happening as well.

  8. #38
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    My point was, you're likely to be rather restricted in your dating pool in high school. And being in the same HS, there are 15/16 year olds in that pool. Also, looking is not the same as action. However, you should be aware of the dangers, something I believe HS doesn't teach - you could find yourself reporting every place you move for a lifetime if you mess around with one of those freshman who has parents who will go there with charges.
    I'm aware of all the statuary rape laws and stuff. You shouldn't worry, I haven't even kissed a girl so far in my high school career and it seems unlikely that I will before I go to IU in the fall.

  9. #39
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,584

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well, that's kind of the point.

    If there's an actual legitimate romantic connection there...it will be worth having to be upfront with them and honest with them each step of the way. Just like any other relationship, if you care about the person genuinely then you'll jump over hurdles.

    And like I said, it'd have to be the right situation. Take the one I described in a later post. The older guy in that situation was known by the parents. They basically watched him grow up. They knew him to be a genuinely good, respectable guy. They honestly believed that the interest between the two was not just some sexual thing where he was trying to take advantage of their daughter. Because there was trust there on the part of the parents, and because there was actual real emotions between the two, it worked.

    Is that going to be the case every time or even most of the time? Probably not. But it's the type of thing that would keep me from going "NO WAY!" as an absolute because I do think there are situations and ways in which it could happen, and be pretty reasonable to be happening as well.
    See, I would have no issue with that. My daughter went on her first date with a 19 year old who was about to join the Marines. It was a double date with his father and a friend of ours, so I felt comfortable with it. He seemed so well-grounded. Finished high school on his on, despite extenuating circumstances, was a hard worker and was about the enlist. Then all of a sudden, something happened with his crackhead mother, and the kid just slid off the deep end and I wouldn't let my daughter go out with him a 2nd time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Maybe you should ask women if they ever dated a guy in his early 20's when they were 15 or 16 just for comparison's sake.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •