View Poll Results: As a young man (early 20s) would you date a 15 or 16 year old?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not?

    15 15.15%
  • Hell no!

    84 84.85%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 203

Thread: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women[W:74]

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Being attracted to young, beautiful women is natural.
    Sexual exploitation, which is what it usually is when it involves a 20 something man and an almost woman, is morally wrong, always.
    Lets face it, low 20 something men are not exactly the most mature of individuals.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That's my point.
    The OP mentions dating. Guess I'm old because that to me does not usually mean sexual exploitation but some kind of extended relationship that may or may not include sex. But then, I also consider dating as the interview process for progressing to a higher status.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #103
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women[W:74]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So Liz, seein as how you are younger than me, what ya doin tonight?
    No plans, but you're married. I don't do married.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #104
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    The OP mentions dating. Guess I'm old because that to me does not usually mean sexual exploitation but some kind of extended relationship that may or may not include sex. But then, I also consider dating as the interview process for progressing to a higher status.
    You must be as old as me, lol.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women[W:74]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    No plans, but you're married. I don't do married.
    Yes I'm married, that's why I can behave this way. People know I'm harmless.

  6. #106
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Ethically or morally wrong. Why is that? Was it morally wrong when brides were younger in past eras? Note though, I did mention social custom above - this is what I was referring to - people being taught that it is wrong. My question to you is why, as a blanket rule which always applies, this is wrong?
    In the past both actual laws and social norms required women to have a dependency upon men economically. This is no longer so. However, in my prior messages I noted my stance if a bit different if the specific all is marriage rather than just someone to **** and mess around with.

    In my view, the immorality is it is akin to a dirty old man tempting children with candy. Teenage years until the teen is past high school and away from home are unique and formative years that can never be returned to. Many young people wish they were older for more rights and more mobility. Most 13 year olds wish they were older and many could be tempted by offered to life an "adult" life.

    It is "always wrong" (other than I allow a bit more range if the goal is marriage) because it is stealing the youth of a young person by tempting they with an adult life they are not old enough to have and in doing so denying them every having that youth.

    Your argument could be used to justify sex with an 8 year old, just a 15 year old, and there are cultures where marriage to or sex with an 8 old is legal. There also have been cultures where it was legal to rape any female of any age if a different race etc. "It used to be..." of itself is never a valid argument.

    To claim it's fine is to claim it is fine to steal a teenagers youth for sexual purposes by bribery and temptation. People do all sorts of things that are self destructive - particularly teens - that are wrong and that permanently mess up their heads and their lives.

  7. #107
    Educator newpublius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverdale, NJ
    Last Seen
    10-03-17 @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women[W:74]

    The general norm is that people who go to high school together are okay to date each other so if an 18 year old senior dates a 14 year old, not many people are going to have a problem with that (PLEASE CONSULT YOUR STATE'S STATUTORY RAPE LAW THOUGH). So, 20-16.....not so bad I'm 41 now, married, two kids. I was 21 and working in a deli over the summer and there was a 16 year old chick and frankly I thought she was hot, BUT her age did make me stop.....I did ask her birthday, hoping she'd hit what I thought was the age of consent, but which in actuality wasn't!

  8. #108
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Ethically or morally wrong. Why is that? Was it morally wrong when brides were younger in past eras? Note though, I did mention social custom above - this is what I was referring to - people being taught that it is wrong. My question to you is why, as a blanket rule which always applies, this is wrong?
    Excellent question. It was not considered wrong when my grandmother married my grandfather- she was 15 years old, he was 5 years older than she. They married, had 8 kids, and stayed married until he died in his mid-80's. It wasn't a question of moral values, as age alone doesn't determine the morality or ethics of a relationship.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #109
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women

    When I was in that age range it went something like this.

    When in high school - you could date a high school chick, but not a junior high school chick.
    A senior guy in high school would never date a freshman girl either.

    When in college - you dated a college chick, but not a high school chick.

    A college kid dating a high schooler was called "Chester". Chester the molester.

    So a 20 year old "man" would never knowingly date or score with a a 16 year old "girl".

    However - a 30 year old guy hittin a 23 or 24 year old.......hell, a 40 year old guy hittin a 25 year old.....is that okay or not?

  10. #110
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Poll for men only please, regarding sex with younger women[W:74]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    While I was very cautious to obtain very, very clear consent, in general I was not a gentle person, not a nice guy, and I was not a nice, gentle lover. It had nothing to do with love or respect to me back then.
    With me, it's because it causes pain and harm to another person's relationship. Life is enough of a bitch without purposely trying to make it worse for all involved.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •