View Poll Results: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 6.85%
  • No

    68 93.15%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    [QUOTE=radcen;1062932078]Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    Yes?
    No?

    I'm going to purposely leave out a "Maybe" option. For this question I think people should be able to make a choice one way or another.

    In some ways it would seem so. We have the whole gamut of ideologies, genders, orientations, ethnicities, and so on. But, I would say 'no' for the simple reason that the vast majority of people here are here because they care deeply about social and/or political issues. Deeply enough to actually discuss them. The majority of average society does not care that deeply, and is seemingly perfectly fine with hiding their collective heads in the sand and willfully ignoring issues that affect them directly. They are fine with letting others make critical decisions for them.

    I believe that we here at DP are in the minority.[/QUOTE

    I have been a member of DP since 2005 and I find the members here lean left even though they say they on moderates or centrists........Still I like it here and have many friends and enemies.......
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-21-14 at 05:02 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #82
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    in general to double down on what i said id say my friends and people i encounter everyday are very much like the mix here and a mix of

    captain courtesy
    Gina
    Goshin
    Bodhisattva
    StillBallin
    Serenity
    Maggie
    Cardinal
    RiskyTicket
    Wiseone
    lizzie
    Josie
    Tacomancer
    jetboogie
    Clax1911
    LaMidrighter
    YourStar
    Roguenuke

    and many more that i just cant think of but in general its a good mix and very much like real people in the real world

    Seems like a bunch of Liberals are your friends and that is OK........I have close to 60 friends and they either lean Conservative or Moderate to Conservative.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #83
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    [QUOTE=Navy Pride;1062952134]
    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    Yes?
    No?

    I'm going to purposely leave out a "Maybe" option. For this question I think people should be able to make a choice one way or another.

    In some ways it would seem so. We have the whole gamut of ideologies, genders, orientations, ethnicities, and so on. But, I would say 'no' for the simple reason that the vast majority of people here are here because they care deeply about social and/or political issues. Deeply enough to actually discuss them. The majority of average society does not care that deeply, and is seemingly perfectly fine with hiding their collective heads in the sand and willfully ignoring issues that affect them directly. They are fine with letting others make critical decisions for them.

    I believe that we here at DP are in the minority.[/QUOTE

    I have been a member of DP since 2005 and I find the members here lean left even though they said they on moderates or centrists........Still I like it here and have many friends and enemies.......
    I set up my DP account in 2005 too, but have been only intermittently active from time to time--returned a few weeks ago after a lengthy absence. The last time I was active the board seemed to tilt more right than left. Now it seems that it does tilt significantly more left than right, and you seem to concur with that perception. So that too would be a piece of evidence that DP is not representative of society as a whole as I believe a majority of Americans, if they are polled via issues and ideology rather than via people and political parties, are more right than left.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #84
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    [QUOTE=AlbqOwl;1062952179]
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post

    I set up my DP account in 2005 too, but have been only intermittently active from time to time--returned a few weeks ago after a lengthy absence. The last time I was active the board seemed to tilt more right than left. Now it seems that it does tilt significantly more left than right, and you seem to concur with that perception. So that too would be a piece of evidence that DP is not representative of society as a whole as I believe a majority of Americans, if they are polled via issues and ideology rather than via people and political parties, are more right than left.
    Please hang around my friend, we need your input.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #85
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Seems like a bunch of Liberals are your friends and that is OK........I have close to 60 friends and they either lean Conservative or Moderate to Conservative.
    i dont even know if all those people are on my friends list lol and some of them most certainly arent liberals LMAO thats the most mental retarded "statement" i read in this thread
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #86
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I have close to 60 friends and they either lean Conservative or Moderate to Conservative.

    That proves what?

  7. #87
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,396

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    .I have close to 60 friends and they either lean Conservative or Moderate to Conservative.
    Even me, my friend?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #88
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Is Debate Politics a good and fair representation of society overall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I have been a member of DP since 2005 and I find the members here lean left even though they say they on moderates or centrists........Still I like it here and have many friends and enemies.......
    This made me chuckle. Of course everybody here seems to the left of you, because pretty much everybody IS to the left of you. You're so extreme that you are incapable of seeing legitimate nuances in others. They're either with you, or they're not.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •