View Poll Results: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 69.57%
  • No

    7 30.43%
  • Maybe

    0 0%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,735

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Question? What question? I don't remember a question.

    No, it doesn't matter. Why would I be scared of something that doesn't matter? It's entirely irreverent if people are born with it or not.
    Earlier in this thread, you made the following comment: "No, she is a boy, not a girl. Get it straight."

    I have been asking you about this comment, yet you have been running away from any kind of an answer. Now why should we believe you that Jazz (the trans girl in the video I posted) is anything but what she claims to be? Why should I take your word over hers?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Earlier in this thread, you made the following comment: "No, she is a boy, not a girl. Get it straight."

    I have been asking you about this comment, yet you have been running away from any kind of an answer. Now why should we believe you that Jazz (the trans girl in the video I posted) is anything but what she claims to be? Why should I take your word over hers?
    The question is why should we believe hormones and a man made not even accurate vagina makes her female. This was mocked by Gipper and exposed with a pretty absurd example on exactly how stupid the belief of yours is. The only thing you can lean on besides that is brain chemistry, but that doesn't really mean anything really. It shows you why he believes what he does, but shows little besides that. Since you can't show they changed sexes or started off that way I have no reason to do anything. Science nor common sense is on your side here.

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    Nope. One can tell if it's a phase or not fairly quickly. Denying them at the very least hormone blockers during the teenage years is kind of cruel.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #84
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,735

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The question is why should we believe hormones and a man made not even accurate vagina makes her female. This was mocked by Gipper and exposed with a pretty absurd example on exactly how stupid the belief of yours is. The only thing you can lean on besides that is brain chemistry, but that doesn't really mean anything really. It shows you why he believes what he does, but shows little besides that. Since you can't show they changed sexes or started off that way I have no reason to do anything. Science nor common sense is on your side here.
    Finally, an answer we can work with, however divorced from reality it may be. You need to learn some basic concepts about gender, particularly what "gender" is. Hint: Contrary to how some feel, it is NOT determined by what is between your legs. Gender and sex are highly, but not perfectly, correlated. Now if you're willing to explore this issue with an open mind with me--because I still have much to learn as well--then let's join forces and do this together. But if you're going to obstinately fall back on this patriarchal, "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve," or whatever the transphobic equivalent is, myth, then your opinions deserve to be called out. And if that makes you feel uncomfortable, then you need to look within yourself and figure out why, because the problem is neither mine nor transgendered people's.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  5. #85
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Kids don't though.
    Then you're clearly trying to push too much food onto your children if they aren't eating what is served. With the exception of simply not liking a particular food, my children ate what they were served, and usually went back for seconds. I do think this is a huge parenting issue, reflective of a poor parenting posture, but that is a different conversation we can have another time.



    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There is a reason we don't allow kids to make their own medical decisions and there is a reason parents shouldn't be allowed to make decisions for their child that will harm their body. Since the child is not old enough to consent and there is nothing wrong with their body there is no reason to allow anything to take place towards it. The parents don't have the right to remove function from their child, and the child is not old enough to consent to it. This conversion has no reason to take place until the child is older.
    So neither the child nor the parents should be making medical decisions for a child? Well that totally won't work. Someone has to make decisions. You say it "harms" their bodies, but you fail to understand the harm of not being in a body that represents who you are, so of course you would think of it as harm. I'm gathering that since the parents and the child think it isn't harm but instead will allow the child to grow up less frustrated and confused.

    If you think neither the child nor the parents, both of whom are intimately aware of the fullness of the child's personality and life, are qualified to make this medical decision, based on what do you think that you, who knows nothing of their circumstances, has any bearing to even have an opinion?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Then you're clearly trying to push too much food onto your children if they aren't eating what is served. With the exception of simply not liking a particular food, my children ate what they were served, and usually went back for seconds. I do think this is a huge parenting issue, reflective of a poor parenting posture, but that is a different conversation we can have another time.
    Yeah, I'm talking about those kids that hate everything more or less.



    So neither the child nor the parents should be making medical decisions for a child? Well that totally won't work. Someone has to make decisions. You say it "harms" their bodies, but you fail to understand the harm of not being in a body that represents who you are, so of course you would think of it as harm. I'm gathering that since the parents and the child think it isn't harm but instead will allow the child to grow up less frustrated and confused.
    I never said the parents can't make medical decisions. What I said is the decision people are endorsing here causes bodily harm, which the parents can not do. Since the child can't consent since they are still a minor what people want done has to wait. I thought I made that clear, but apparently not.

    If you think neither the child nor the parents, both of whom are intimately aware of the fullness of the child's personality and life, are qualified to make this medical decision, based on what do you think that you, who knows nothing of their circumstances, has any bearing to even have an opinion?
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to an incomplete thought.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    It has gone too far. Kids are kids. Kids accept other kids at young ages. If a boy thinks he is a girl just let him be feminine about it until he gets older and can make his own decision. No operations until older too... No use of the other gender's bath room either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #88
    Student Jayhawker30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-26-15 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    215

    Re: Has The Idea of Transgendered Children Been Taken Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    But the idea of some dude wanting to lop off his twig and berries and prance around in a dress is so mundane that it's trivial?
    I think what happens is that it's rearranged and pushed in a bit, not necessarily removed.
    It is of them who learned of freedom that you should ask what freedom is. Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars, for those with little wings have not accepted within themselves that power to share with you.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •