View Poll Results: Why are these "entitlements" not a part of our National dialogue?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Political pressure from the wealthy.

    5 35.71%
  • Ignorance of the non-wealthy.

    4 28.57%
  • It's simply not true.

    3 21.43%
  • Other.

    2 14.29%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

  1. #61
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    What's the matter with you. Are you stuck on that conspiracy BS, like a stutterer gets stuck on b-b-bb-b-b--bT. Or what?
    your rants about the rich sound like paranoid conspiracy thread stuff



  2. #62
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your rants about the rich sound like paranoid conspiracy thread stuff
    I'm ranting about free taxpayer money being given to those that least need it. Maybe even an incompetent shrink could cure your paranoid, obsessive/compulsive delusions, or not. I mean, for sure, you know that I know that Jamie Dimon deserves that $20 million dollar stipend because of all those jobs he didn't create and helping the Plunge Protection Team prevent "free market" ambiguity. Hot dam' y'all, al swar, tain't no greater place to be wealthy and they even throws that cash at them Corporate "willies." The welfare queens are tall and proud and live on Wall Street. Perhaps you suffer from paradigm duality.

  3. #63
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Tax breaks sweeten the pie and encourage risk taking.
    Good investments don't need encouragement and bad investments shouldn't be encouraged
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #64
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    *massive wall of text in a slew of varied font sizes*
    Other.

    IMO, the issue only exists because becoming one of those "entitled" has become increasingly difficult over the years - in part, I think, because those who already have it want to protect it, and have the money to buy politicians so they can.

    Thus we have convoluted laws for everything, which require either lots of people or lots of time in order to follow and/or find loopholes in. This situation both supports the profession of lawyers, and means that the entities best able to cope are large corporations which posses the necessary funds to hire said lawyers.

    It also means that for an individual or group to enter the market with a service/product is far more complicated than it should be.


    In short, I blame government for the situation you outline. Of course, by doing so, I in part blame those who voted for said government....
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle37608.htm

    "By Paul Buchheit
    February 10, 2014 "Information Clearing House - "Alternet" - The word 'entitlement' is ambiguous. For working people it means "earned benefits." For the rich, the concept of entitlement is compatible with the Merriam-Webster definition: "The feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)." Recent studies agree, concluding that higher social class is associated with increased entitlement and narcissism."

    "1. Income: Mocking Our 'Progressive' Tax System
    2. Wealth: Trillions in Financial Gains, Zero Tax
    3. Financial Transactions: Trillions in Speculative Purchases, Zero Tax
    4. Subsidies: Alms for the Rich

    "Cheated

    There's more. A regressive payroll tax, an almost nonexistent estate tax, the lower capital gains rate on carried interest for investment managers, trillions socked away in tax havens -- all involve tax avoidance by wealthy Americans who feel entitled to their privileged positions.

    Entitlements for the rich mean cuts in safety net programs for children, women, retirees, and low-income families. They threaten Social Security. They redirect money from infrastructure repair, education, and job creation.

    And the more the super-rich take from us, the greater their belief that they're entitled to the wealth we all helped to create."

    This is a view of entitlements of the rich, not the average retired or disabled or poor.

    Entitlement seems to be a paradigm that can't be rectified by optics.

    In truth, the taxpayer provided infrastructure does enable the wealthy.


    Poll questions because I have lost the access to post them

    Why are these "entitlements" not a part of our National dialogue?

    Options:

    Political pressure from the wealthy.

    Ignorance of the non-wealthy.

    It's simply not true.

    Other.
    Let us know when they get to half what the liberal socialist agenda costs us.

    Yeah, you hate rich people and think they rip you off because they earn more than you. Waaaaaaaaaa. Try doing something worth a **** that earns you more instead of wasting time complaining and worrying about what others have.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle37608.htm

    "By Paul Buchheit
    February 10, 2014 "Information Clearing House - "Alternet" - The word 'entitlement' is ambiguous. For working people it means "earned benefits." For the rich, the concept of entitlement is compatible with the Merriam-Webster definition: "The feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)." Recent studies agree, concluding that higher social class is associated with increased entitlement and narcissism."

    "1. Income: Mocking Our 'Progressive' Tax System
    2. Wealth: Trillions in Financial Gains, Zero Tax
    3. Financial Transactions: Trillions in Speculative Purchases, Zero Tax
    4. Subsidies: Alms for the Rich

    "Cheated

    There's more. A regressive payroll tax, an almost nonexistent estate tax, the lower capital gains rate on carried interest for investment managers, trillions socked away in tax havens -- all involve tax avoidance by wealthy Americans who feel entitled to their privileged positions.

    Entitlements for the rich mean cuts in safety net programs for children, women, retirees, and low-income families. They threaten Social Security. They redirect money from infrastructure repair, education, and job creation.

    And the more the super-rich take from us, the greater their belief that they're entitled to the wealth we all helped to create."

    This is a view of entitlements of the rich, not the average retired or disabled or poor.

    Entitlement seems to be a paradigm that can't be rectified by optics.

    In truth, the taxpayer provided infrastructure does enable the wealthy.


    Poll questions because I have lost the access to post them

    Why are these "entitlements" not a part of our National dialogue?

    Options:

    Political pressure from the wealthy.

    Ignorance of the non-wealthy.

    It's simply not true.

    Other.
    Another Mister Magoo Thread

    5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me-mister_magoo_wallpaper-29551-jpg

  7. #67
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    If you're not getting benefits that rich people are under the law, why are you blaming the rich people? It's not like you would act any differently under the same circumstances - you should be pointing fingers on the nature of the political system, which is that rich people always have and always will control it.

  8. #68
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: 5 Ways Rich People's "Entitlements" Cheat You and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Quadrewple View Post
    If you're not getting benefits that rich people are under the law, why are you blaming the rich people? It's not like you would act any differently under the same circumstances - you should be pointing fingers on the nature of the political system, which is that rich people always have and always will control it.
    Doesn't have any thing to do with that. Just trying to inform those that have the need to know. That'd be you and me, Grandma and the dog.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •