View Poll Results: So far do you think Michael Dunn is guilty of murder?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    193 81.78%
  • No

    35 14.83%
  • Other

    8 3.39%
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 279

Thread: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

  1. #41
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I'm running an hour and a half behind. I had to go out for a while but I DVR'd it so I could see cross.

    And you're right - it is sad. What's equally sad is that people are still calling this kid a thug, and he was an A student, and was in AP classes. But because he's black, I guess that makes him a thug.
    What TV station is it on? I've had a hard time finding coverage except online video streaming?

    And yes, I've almost lost faith in humanity and especially the stated ideological camps of people expressing such views when I detect a pattern.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #42
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I havent watched yet today but it seems like its going even worse, i said earlier that Dunn should never take the stand and it seems from reading he fell apart and is lying all over the place
    I think he had no choice. The state's case was so strong up to that point he would had likely struck out without at last taking a swing. He did look honest and credible during most of what I saw of the direct examination. You never know. Cases are often won and lost at jury selection and I think the jury is stacked in his favor. Nothing would surprise me.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  3. #43
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I think he had no choice. The state's case was so strong up to that point he would had likely struck out without at last taking a swing. He did look honest and credible during most of what I saw of the direct examination. You never know. Cases are often won and lost at jury selection and I think the jury is stacked in his favor. Nothing would surprise me.
    really?

    is it stacked with def, dumb and blind morons with the last name Dunn? lol

    I mean I agree anything is possible and nothing would surprise me either but unless something huge happened today he is as guilty as the sun is hot.
    now M1 might be M2 instead of something like that but he is guilty of murder and other crimes for sure and i hope they charge the woman too but i dont think they will. I would

    cant wait till i get to watch
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #44
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    really?

    is it stacked with def, dumb and blind morons with the last name Dunn? lol

    I mean I agree anything is possible and nothing would surprise me either but unless something huge happened today he is as guilty as the sun is hot.
    now M1 might be M2 instead of something like that but he is guilty of murder and other crimes for sure and i hope they charge the woman too but i dont think they will. I would

    cant wait till i get to watch
    Tribalism sometimes trumps truth, fairness and justice.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  5. #45
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Tribalism sometimes trumps truth, fairness and justice.
    true

    in this case that tribalism would = stupidity, ignorance
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #46
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Tribalism sometimes trumps truth, fairness and justice.
    Which is the only reason he will be convicted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #47
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which is the only reason he will be convicted.
    How so?
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  8. #48
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    How so?
    Because if the decision was based on the law, he will not be convicted of murder.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #49
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Because if the decision was based on the law, he will not be convicted of murder.
    How would tribalism specifically influence an unfair guilty verdict?

    Reporters inside the court say the makeup of the jury is diverse: 10 females and six males -- 11 of whom appear to be Caucasian, three of whom appear to be African-American, one of whom appears to be of Asian descent and the last appears to be Hispanic.

    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/02/0...begin-thursday

    - Neither the accused nor the victim are female so gender identity wouldn't seem to be a tribal factor since most of the jurors are female.
    - Davis was African-American and only 3 of the 16 jurors are African American, and all 3 could conceivably be alternates so race-based tribalism couldn't favor identity with the victim.
    - Its likely politically Davis' family are democrats while most registered voters in Jacksonville are Republicans who likely realize 90%+ of blacks in America are democrats so political identity tribalism wouldn't favor the victim, especially considering Dunn is a gun enthusiast and guns rights are a strong GOP ideological value.
    Last edited by Smeagol; 02-11-14 at 05:15 PM.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  10. #50
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    How would tribalism specifically influence an unfair guilty verdict?
    Really?
    You must be speaking of tribalism in reference to race.
    I am not.

    I am speaking of tribalism in reference to the community as a whole, which the Jurors represent.

    The community being against Dunn can lead to the Jurors not following the law.


    Make no mistake, I understand your point, it is just that it goes both ways.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •