View Poll Results: So far do you think Michael Dunn is guilty of murder?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    193 81.78%
  • No

    35 14.83%
  • Other

    8 3.39%
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 279

Thread: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

  1. #91
    Advisor plutonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    546

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    not with that stupid proscecuter.. I think it was the same one in Zimmerman trail I think

  2. #92
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    All but one were school children to my understanding.
    Yeah, hanging out with a convict.

    The use of kids to describe young adults is spin to make the situation appear to be more horrible.

    Dunn is also a child of his mother's. So in fact, you could call him a child.


    Oh my! Davis, a young adult, threatened to kill someone's child.
    Oh my!

    Luckily that child was armed and was able to respond to such threats with deadly force.

    Or we can dispense with such spin and accurately call the guys in the Durango young adults, as they were.
    Last edited by Excon; 02-11-14 at 09:20 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    not with that stupid proscecuter.. I think it was the same one in Zimmerman trail I think
    It was the same one as in Zimmerman. Their chances of success in this case are substantially greater on account of the fact that they have evidence this time.

  4. #94
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    This story disgusts me. Dunn stated that it was "a life or death" situation. Against an unarmed 17 yr old?! Really?! How many times a day do you think a hormone drenched teenager threatens to kill someone in a harmless rant trying to look like a bad ass?? Hint...A LOT. What was it about this kid that somehow made Dunn think it was a genuine threat? Guesses anyone??

    Can we be honest here please? Finally? If he hadn't been a black boy he never would have been shot and killed. THIS boy was perceived as posing a greater threat for one reason and one reason only, because this racist ass bought into all the bull**** stereotypes about young black men. And decided if he is angry and he is black he MUST have a gun and he MUST be ready to use it to shoot me.

    "(Dunn) said the back rear window was down, and he could see two young men in the back seat with “menacing expressions.” WTF does that mean?! If I shot everyone who gave me a dirty look I would be surrounded by dead bodies, but guess what.... I never deem it necessary.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  5. #95
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yeah, hanging out with a convict.

    The use of kids to describe young adults is spin to make the situation appear to be more horrible.

    Dunn is also a child of his mother's. So in fact, you could call him a child.


    Oh my! Davis, a young adult, threatened to kill someone's child.
    Oh my!

    Luckily that child was armed and was able to respond to such threats with deadly force.

    Or we can dispense with such spin and accurately call the guys in the Durango young adults, as they were.
    If I were the parent of an 11th grader I would not consider my child an adult. I would have him on a curfew, make sure he did his homework and ground him from using the Nintendo if he brings home bad grades. Why? Because he's a child. On the other hand if I were the parent of a 47 year old man I would not do any of those things because he's a grown a55 man. That said, I understand everybody is different and some people might treat them as in the same age group with similar parental roles toward both the 11th grader and the 47 year old. ???
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  6. #96
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    The biggest thing that stands out to me is that he left and went back to his motel. If you believe you shot someone and did so justly you do not leave that scene. You wait for the cops.
    Only an idiot would do so. In fact, if he had they prosecution could use that to prove he wasn't afraid at all.

  7. #97
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    This story disgusts me. Dunn stated that it was "a life or death" situation. Against an unarmed 17 yr old?! Really?! How many times a day do you think a hormone drenched teenager threatens to kill someone in a harmless rant trying to look like a bad ass?? Hint...A LOT. What was it about this kid that somehow made Dunn think it was a genuine threat? Guesses anyone??

    Can we be honest here please? Finally? If he hadn't been a black boy he never would have been shot and killed. THIS boy was perceived as posing a greater threat for one reason and one reason only, because this racist ass bought into all the bull**** stereotypes about young black men. And decided if he is angry and he is black he MUST have a gun and he MUST be ready to use it to shoot me.

    "(Dunn) said the back rear window was down, and he could see two young men in the back seat with “menacing expressions.” WTF does that mean?! If I shot everyone who gave me a dirty look I would be surrounded by dead bodies, but guess what.... I never deem it necessary.
    ^ A racist message. Racists look at everyone thru racial eyes - as your message does.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    This story disgusts me. Dunn stated that it was "a life or death" situation. Against an unarmed 17 yr old?!
    Be disgusted.
    But don't misrepresent the situation as it appeared to him.
    That 17 year old coupled his verbal threats to kill Dunn, with what appeared to Dunn, to be a a barrel of a shotgun.





    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Can we be honest here please? Finally? If he hadn't been a black boy he never would have been shot and killed. THIS boy was perceived as posing a greater threat for one reason and one reason only, because this racist ass bought into all the bull**** stereotypes about young black men. And decided if he is angry and he is black he MUST have a gun and he MUST be ready to use it to shoot me.
    That isn't being honest at all, but it is dishonesty.
    If it had been a white boy who had done the same as Dunn heard and saw.
    The same thing would have happened.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #99
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    If I were the parent of an 11th grader I would not consider my child an adult.
    And a 90 year old considers their 60 year old offspring their child.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I would have him on a curfew, ...
    The twenty year old, being on felony probation, was on curfew and was blowing it off. Go figure.

    All you are doing is making excuses for using terminology that is used to spin the story to a more horrible event.
    They were young adults. And that is a more accurate and neutral description than saying they were kids, which at 17 for Davis, he really wasn't.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #100
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Michael Dunn Murder Trial of Jordan Davis guilty or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Today on the stand Dunn claimed that he was watching out in the hotel because he was terrified that the "gangsters" were coming after him. Yet he took the dog out for a walk, and even though he was terrified never called the police.
    I love watching liars get tangled up in their own lies. I can't believe he was dumb enough to take the stand.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •