View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #421
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Two simple questions for you Herr Barkmann:

    Can you provide us with a single US Supreme Court decision which agrees with your interpretation on this matter in the last 225 years?

    Who is it that you believe Congress is empowered to pass all these laws for and what support can you find for that?
    excuse me, it was you , who said back in a post the founders believed collectivism in our society by the federal government.............that is incorrect!

    you sighted the founders..........now it off to the the races again with you,...running to the USSC AGAIN........

    i stated to you many times, quoting the founders......is bad for you...... because they dispute everything you say!

  2. #422
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Question?...........where in article 1 section 8 of the u.s. constitution WHERE does it give a power to congress over the personal life's of the people.............can anyone show me???

    Section. 8.

    The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

    To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

    To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

    To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

    To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

    To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

    To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

    To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

    To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

    To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

    To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

    To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

    To provide and maintain a Navy;

    To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

    To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

    To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

    To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

    To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

  3. #423
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    excuse me, it was you , who said back in a post the founders believed collectivism in our society by the federal government.............that is incorrect!

    you sighted the founders..........now it off to the the races again with you,...running to the USSC AGAIN........

    i stated to you many times, quoting the founders......is bad for you...... because they dispute everything you say!
    I ask you again

    Can you provide us with a single US Supreme Court decision which agrees with your interpretation on this matter in the last 225 years?

    Who is it that you believe Congress is empowered to pass all these laws for and what support can you find for that?




    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #424
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    i ask you again

    can you provide us with a single us supreme court decision which agrees with your interpretation on this matter in the last 225 years?

    Who is it that you believe congress is empowered to pass all these laws for and what support can you find for that?




    again you referenced the founders in this thread......not the court........

    Why are you noW retracting you founders argument?......and looking to the court for cover?

  5. #425
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    again you referenced the founders in this thread......not the court........

    Why are you noW retracting you founders argument?......and looking to the court for cover?
    The Court has the responsibility and power to interpret the Constitution.

    Answer these two questions which are central to you 'theory' (if such extremists ramblings can rise to that level)

    Can you provide us with a single us supreme court decision which agrees with your interpretation on this matter in the last 225 years?

    Who is it that you believe congress is empowered to pass all these laws for and what support can you find for that?





    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #426
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The Court has the responsibility and power to interpret the Constitution.

    Answer these two questions which are central to you 'theory' (if such extremists ramblings can rise to that level)

    Can you provide us with a single us supreme court decision which agrees with your interpretation on this matter in the last 225 years?

    Who is it that you believe congress is empowered to pass all these laws for and what support can you find for that?





    will will put it simple to you...no! BECAUSE I AM HOLDING YOUR FEET TO THE FIRE HERE, .........your not going to retreat from what you stated about the founders, and run to the court for cover AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN X10.......stick to what you said,. and stop trying to divert, and claim something else.

    as i stated to you many many times, ...the founders destroy your arguments about the constitution, and your ideas for collectivism in America.

  7. #427
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    will will put it simple to you...no! BECAUSE I AM HOLDING YOUR FEET TO THE FIRE HERE, .........your not going to retreat from what you stated about the founders, and run to the court for cover AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN X10.......stick to what you said,. and stop trying to divert, and claim something else.

    as i stated to you many many times, ...the founders destroy your arguments about the constitution, and your ideas for collectivism in America.
    I have no idea what you are ranting about. No idea at all. Its like you are not in the same real world with the rest of us. You argue in a fantasy world totally divorced for America as it is in 2014 and as the law has been for the past 225 years as interpreted by the Supreme Court and as passed by the Congress.

    Its like you live in some giant tomb in which Madison is buried and you constantly commune with his spirit and nobody in the real USA of 2014 has any contact with you because your views are so divorced from reality.


    FACT: Your precious Founders gave us the Constitution.
    FACT: No individuals opinion overrides the Constitution.
    FACT: The US Supreme Court interprets the Constitution and it has the force of law.

    So your rantings are irrelevant and inconsequential.

    Answer these two questions which are central to you 'theory' (if such extremists ramblings can rise to that level)

    Can you provide us with a single us supreme court decision which agrees with your interpretation on this matter in the last 225 years?

    Who is it that you believe congress is empowered to pass all these laws for and what support can you find for that?

    Your ridiculous ravings that the Congress cannot pass laws which apply to the American people are akin to the delusions of a political lunatic. There is no support in law or in US jurisprudence for such madness.







    Last edited by haymarket; 02-16-14 at 11:38 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #428
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    i have no idea what you are ranting about. No idea at all.
    Fact: Your precious founders gave us the constitution.
    Fact: No individuals opinion overrides the constitution.
    Fact: The us supreme court interprets the constitution and it has the force of law.

    So your rantings are irrelevant and inconsequential.

    Answer these two questions which are central to you 'theory' (if such extremists ramblings can rise to that level)

    can you provide us with a single us supreme court decision which agrees with your interpretation on this matter in the last 225 years?

    Who is it that you believe congress is empowered to pass all these laws for and what support can you find for that?

    Your insane ravings that the congress cannot pass laws which apply to the american people are akin to the delusions of a political lunatic. There is no support in law or in us jurisprudence for such madness.







    i don't need to.......i stated something, and showed proof by the founders backing up what i had to say......

    You stated the founders, ...yet you have shown nothing to back you up by the founders, and instead have turned to the courts, to give you cover.

    Stop citing the founders ......it makes you look foolish!

  9. #429
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i don't need to.......i stated something, and showed proof by the founders backing up what i had to say......

    You stated the founders, ...yet you have shown nothing to back you up by the founders, and instead have turned to the courts, to give you cover.

    Stop citing the founders ......it makes you look foolish!
    Everybody has a right to their own opinion. However, you do not have a right to your own alternate reality which has nothing to do with the reality everybody else lives in in USA 2014 and then attempt to use that alternate reality to refute actual reality that everyone else lives under.

    The opinion of a founder is not proof for your absurd and ridiculous contention that the Congress cannot pass laws for the American people. You have shown not one iota of any proof that Congress cannot pass laws for the American people.

    Not only is that an absurd thing to claim - but what is even more insane is you believing that you have proof of it.

    I have no idea what you are talking about with me citing the founders looking foolish. Although it is a whole lot better than look bat guano insane as you come off with your claims that the Congress cannot pass laws for the American people. Anybody taking a position like that is simply in a delusional world that is completely divorced from the USA we all live in.

    More and more and more - trying to discuss this with you is like trying to discuss rational thought with a complete madman who lives in their own insane wonderland.
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-17-14 at 12:14 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #430
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Herr Barkmann
    What is your verifiable proof that Congress cannot pass laws for the American people?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •