View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #261
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)A law existing doesn't mean that law protects our rights.
    2.)You're essentially making a "might makes right" argument.
    3.) But the actual ramification is that in the exercise of the nondiscriminatory laws, sometime the rights of the individual are infringed upon. That's just what it is.
    4.)I know you don't want to acknowledge this bit of reality since it clashes with the propaganda you're trying to employ; but your propaganda does not and cannot change reality.
    oh boy here we go with the fantasy and straw men

    1.) never said this
    2.) see #1 meaningless and not true
    3.) yes you have that OPINION and PHILOSOPHY and you are free to but its meaningless
    based on that meaningless philosophy the reality it in the exercise of ALL laws and ALL rights sometimes the rights of others are infringe upon technical. WHo cares lol
    4.) its NOT reality the way you state it its only your opinion LMAO and when you say its propaganda and against reality you are factually wrong. Reality proves you wrong
    its cute that you think your opinions and philosophy will ever mean anything or trump facts and reality but it simply doesnt. But this mistake is made by many "extreme" Libertarians. Keep trying though its humorous.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Homophobes should worry more about the good restaurants. They are more likely to have gay employees and they have more customer contact, so they are more likely to spot a hater and put fresh infected blood on his steak.
    That's like... completely BS. All of it.

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    anyone reading enough of your post, will see they provide....... the big government mentality you have.
    Which is your way of surrendering and admitting that you cannot quote me saying anything like you accused me of.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #264
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    oh boy here we go with the fantasy and straw men

    1.) never said this
    2.) see #1 meaningless and not true
    3.) yes you have that OPINION and PHILOSOPHY and you are free to but its meaningless
    based on that meaningless philosophy the reality it in the exercise of ALL laws and ALL rights sometimes the rights of others are infringe upon technical. WHo cares lol
    4.) its NOT reality the way you state it its only your opinion LMAO and when you say its propaganda and against reality you are factually wrong. Reality proves you wrong
    its cute that you think your opinions and philosophy will ever mean anything or trump facts and reality but it simply doesnt. But this mistake is made by many "extreme" Libertarians. Keep trying though its humorous.
    Are you still ranting against reality to try to promote your propaganda? Appeal to authority and ignoring the functional outcomes of exercised law don't make your argument compelling. Sorry. We know that sometimes in the course of executing nondiscrimination laws an individual's rights are violated. This is not opinion, but rather fact. Ergo, these laws do not universally uphold the rights of everyone. Again, not opinion but rather fact.

    I know, you have to try to call it opinion because it clashes with your intended propaganda. But for anyone with any shred of intellectual honesty understands that these laws will occasionally infringe on the rights of the individual, as seen in reality. Don't know what to tell you buddy, get as upset as you want that I don't buy your distortions and propaganda. Become all condescending as you have in the above quoted post, it will not change reality. Your propaganda is noted.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #265
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Are you still ranting against reality to try to promote your propaganda? Appeal to authority and ignoring the functional outcomes of exercised law don't make your argument compelling. Sorry. We know that sometimes in the course of executing nondiscrimination laws an individual's rights are violated. This is not opinion, but rather fact. Ergo, these laws do not universally uphold the rights of everyone. Again, not opinion but rather fact.

    I know, you have to try to call it opinion because it clashes with your intended propaganda. But for anyone with any shred of intellectual honesty understands that these laws will occasionally infringe on the rights of the individual, as seen in reality. Don't know what to tell you buddy, get as upset as you want that I don't buy your distortions and propaganda. Become all condescending as you have in the above quoted post, it will not change reality. Your propaganda is noted.
    nice strawman about getting upset too btw way meanwhile im laughing at you pushing your opinion as facts.
    all you did is post more of your opinion that doesnt matter and i dont care about, keep trying, ill stick with facts, reality law and rights. You can "feel" however you want lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #266
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nice strawman about getting upset too btw way meanwhile im laughing at you pushing your opinion as facts.
    all you did is post more of your opinion that doesnt matter and i dont care about, keep trying, ill stick with facts, reality law and rights. You can "feel" however you want lol
    What facts do you have? You have appeal to authority and propaganda. You were the one that claimed it protects everyone, I merely highlighted instances when it in fact infringed upon the rights of the individual. That's reality and you have no way to address it while keeping your propaganda together other than to try to dismiss it.

    Fact, that's it. Sometimes in the exercise of nondiscrimination laws, the rights of the individual are infringed upon. That's fact.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #267
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Which is your way of surrendering and admitting that you cannot quote me saying anything like you accused me of.
    i my know you love big government, ......i stand by that.

    i dont need to prove anything because i know for me ,myself and i.

    you have been looking to argue with me ,since you enter this thread.

    if you want to argue, give me something of substance to argue about.

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i my know you love big government, ......i stand by that.

    i dont need to prove anything because i know for me ,myself and i.

    you have been looking to argue with me ,since you enter this thread.

    if you want to argue, give me something of substance to argue about.
    I gave you something of substance - a direct in your face hard slap challenge to back up your own words with verifiable proof of your charges against me in 214

    he believes the federal government has total authority to do as wants....outside of the constitution
    .
    Instead of doing that you have done what you previously done - slink away and try to cover up your exposed impotence.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #269
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I gave you something of substance - a direct in your face hard slap challenge to back up your own words with verifiable proof of your charges against me.

    Instead of doing that you have done what you previously done - slink away and try to cover up your exposed impotence.
    lol...since you have entered this thread you have tried to argue with me and failed!

    your first crack was to say i support bigotry and prejudice....instead of my supporting right to association....which you do not support.

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    lol...since you have entered this thread you have tried to argue with me and failed!

    your first crack was to say i support bigotry and prejudice....instead of my supporting right to association....which you do not support.
    It was you who came out in favor of policies which would allow actions based on bigotry and prejudice to be legalized.

    Exposing that was a home run over the damn wall making you look just like you should be made to look - a enabler of bigotry.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •