View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #241
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Anybody can copy a date incorrectly and miss by a few months. I made an error. I was corrected. And I owned up and did not make it again. No big deal.

    It takes a real sanctimonious know it all fool to intentionally keep making the same mistake about how a word is used time and time again AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN corrected.
    hay, you know your a big government man, ...you use the general welfare clause to justify any action the federal government takes.

    this is another ploy of yours to start an argument, with me......

    you look to see where i was posting on the forum, you followed me here, and started posting to me.....to engage me, over anything you can find.

  2. #242
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Who gets hired isn't a problem, it's who doesn't get hired that causes problems.
    Well, if you hire someone based on your discriminating tastes you did not hire someone else. Is it OK to hire someone who is a golfer, and you like golf, over a non-golfer? Would it make any difference if the golfer was the same gender and racial class as you? All other things being equal.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is essentially...... ( is that how you say it?) BS on your part making it up as you go along without any evidence supplied.

    You want to to get in line to accuse me of crap? go for it. Just prove what you allege with verifiable evidence. Otherwise - you know the drill.
    A little touchy tonight aren't we.

  4. #244
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    Well, if you hire someone based on your discriminating tastes you did not hire someone else. Is it OK to hire someone who is a golfer, and you like golf, over a non-golfer?
    Would it make any difference if the golfer was the same gender and racial class as you? All other things being equal.



    If anyone that you don't hire is a member of s protected class and able to do the job, you might have a problem.

  5. #245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    hay, you know your a big government man, ...you use the general welfare clause to justify any action the federal government takes.

    this is another ploy of yours to start an argument, with me......

    you look to see where i was posting on the forum, you followed me here, and started posting to me.....to engage me, over anything you can find.
    Be a honest man and back up your accusations with verifiable evidence and stop the self serving BS.

    here is your charge about me in your 214

    he believes the federal government has total authority to do as wants....outside of the constitution
    So be an honest man and back it up with verifiable evidence. And quit flattering yourself with your own paranoid fantasies.
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-11-14 at 06:27 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    A little touchy tonight aren't we.

    Yes - just found out I need 34 feet of work in my basement ripping up the floor and replacing two main pipes - to the tune of just over 6 grand. I guess it could be worse - they were suppose to start finishing that basement this weeks for my man cave that I have waited 30 years for. Oh well.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #247
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes - just found out I need 34 feet of work in my basement ripping up the floor and replacing two main pipes - to the tune of just over 6 grand. I guess it could be worse - they were suppose to start finishing that basement this weeks for my man cave that I have waited 30 years for. Oh well.
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can hit up turtle for a contribution My man cave is two 8' x 6' wooden fence panels nailed together in a corner of my unheated garage, covered with a drop cloth. Not real comfortable out there in a winter like this.

  8. #248
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Be a honest man and back up your accusations with verifiable evidence and stop the self serving BS.

    here is your charge about me in your 214



    So be an honest man and back it up with verifiable evidence.
    sure ...i stated to you clearly, that the federal government had no authority in education at all........you stated the general welfare clause gave them that authority.....

    again ........i state to you in late may of 1787, members of the constitutional convention proposed federal government education.......HOWEVER the convention rejected it! by vote

    since it was rejected by the constitutional convention, that education would not be in the hands of the federal government...it cannot be possible for the federal government today to be involved in it....legally...........you again rejected the founders actions ...their vote... of the convention and still used the welfare clause as your idea of federal government authority.

  9. #249
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can hit up turtle for a contribution My man cave is two 8' x 6' wooden fence panels nailed together in a corner of my unheated garage, covered with a drop cloth. Not real comfortable out there in a winter like this.
    When I was a kid my uncle had a favorite saying...... I cried when I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet.

    Thanks for bringing me back to reality.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #250
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sure ...i stated to you clearly, that the federal government had no authority in education at all........you stated the general welfare clause gave them that authority.....

    again ........i state to you in late may of 1787, members of the constitutional convention proposed federal government education.......HOWEVER the convention rejected it! by vote

    since it was rejected by the constitutional convention, that education would not be in the hands of the federal government...it cannot be possible for the federal government today to be involved in it....legally...........you again rejected the founders actions ...their vote... of the convention and still used the welfare clause as your idea of federal government authority.
    I cannot believe how utterly dense that reply is. It sets new records for all things bad.

    That IS NOT VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE OF THIS CLAIM FROM YOU

    he believes the federal government has total authority to do as wants....outside of the constitution



    It is bad enough and downright sad that I have had to repeatedly teach you the main meaning of the word IMPOTENT as used in my posts. Do I now have to teach you the meaning of TOTAL AUTHORITY.

    Quote me damn it ... quote me or apologize.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •