View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #201
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So Her Barkmann, you want the ability to discriminate against anyone for any reason even if those reasons are bigoted and prejudiced? Is that correct?
    with liberty, you have the right to association, meaning i can or cannot associate with a person.

    i do not advocate discriminating against anyone, but i do have the right, and government has no authority take away my right, because they just don't LIKE how i exercise that right.

    bigoted ,prejudice have to do with feelings......government is not the "feelings" business....it is there to secure rights, not to tell the people how to exercise their rights.......the rights are mine .......not governments.

    laws made dealings with the people, should have to do with crimes, and heath and safety..........not how to force people to do things to keep other people happy.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    good move moving the goal post back pedalling and reframing lol

    by opinio/philosophy not by law

    if you come running at me with a knife saying your gonna kill me and and i shoot you I infringed on your rights too
    meaningless
    Nice straw man, but it's predicated on legitimate threat of force against your rights. And highlights MY point, which is force applied is legitimately applied only at force used against your own exercise. I've seen your mental gymnastics on this topic before, no need to keep jumping through hoops. In some of the applications of nondiscriminatory law, government force is used against the rights of others. As such protected equally for all is not upheld by said laws.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    its cute that you think your opinion trumps law, rights, facts and the 100s of court cases.
    It doesnt lol
    So you won't provide a court case to support your cause? I'm not sure what else you have to support your cause, but ok.

  4. #204
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)Nice straw man, but it's predicated on legitimate threat of force against your rights. And highlights MY point, which is force applied is legitimately applied only at force used against your own exercise. I've seen your mental gymnastics on this topic before, no need to keep jumping through hoops. In some of the applications of nondiscriminatory law, government force is used against the rights of others. As such protected equally for all is not upheld by said laws.
    not a strawman at all, try all the deflections and dishonesty you want it fails and wont work. My example shows and points out how meaningless your statement was. ANd it was meaningless, it has no merrit at all. You want it to, you hope it does, you wish it had an impact but no matter your opinion it simply doesnt and law stands and its why you avoided everything else and moved the goal post and deflected which you still are. It was a smart move to backpedal, deflect and move the goal post but it just didnt work. Your opinions and philosophy and feelings are noted, they dont matter to me, facts, laws and rights and youll never be able to make them matter lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #205
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So you won't provide a court case to support your cause? I'm not sure what else you have to support your cause, but ok.
    no because i dont care about your opinions when theres laws and facts being discussed. It you were presenting facts people would care.

    if it will make you feel better though, pick any court case you want about illegal discrimination and civil rights, go through it, then tell us all why you feel its wrong based on your opinion and philosophies. It will be fun to read but it wont impact laws, rights and facts at all.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #206
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Discrimination is not a civil Power delegated to our elected representatives under our republican form of government.

  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    with liberty, you have the right to association, meaning i can or cannot associate with a person.

    i do not advocate discriminating against anyone, but i do have the right, and government has no authority take away my right, because they just don't LIKE how i exercise that right.

    bigoted ,prejudice have to do with feelings......government is not the "feelings" business....it is there to secure rights, not to tell the people how to exercise their rights.......the rights are mine .......not governments.

    laws made dealings with the people, should have to do with crimes, and heath and safety..........not how to force people to do things to keep other people happy.
    So your answer to my question

    So Her Barkmann, you want the ability to discriminate against anyone for any reason even if those reasons are bigoted and prejudiced? Is that correct?



    is a loud, resounding and emphatic YES.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #208
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So your answer to my question

    So Her Barkmann, you want the ability to discriminate against anyone for any reason even if those reasons are bigoted and prejudiced? Is that correct?



    is a loud, resounding and emphatic YES.
    you seem to don't understand,......with RIGHT to association, AGAIN A RIGHT ...which every American has since before the constitution, ..government is suppressing that ability, that right.

    or are you going to say here and now.......there is no such thing as right to association...........are you?

  9. #209
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    for any reason even if those reasons are bigoted and prejudiced?
    for any reason? ...NO...i favor contract law of the founders, when you are hired you sign a contract, and as long as you fulfilled your end of the contract you cannot be fired.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So your answer to my question

    So Her Barkmann, you want the ability to discriminate against anyone for any reason even if those reasons are bigoted and prejudiced? Is that correct?



    is a loud, resounding and emphatic YES.
    I'll answer that with a loud, resounding and emphatic YES

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •