View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #191
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    So this is still another poll asking people if they support gay rights, correct?



    Wrong.

    The headline on this poll Asks : Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights.

    I interpret that as meaning everyone's rights (Gay or straight.) since it doesn't mention Gay people.

    What made you think that this thread was about gay people? fill us in.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself."
    ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  2. #192
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I interpret that as meaning everyone's rights (Gay or straight.) since it doesn't mention Gay people.

    Wouldn't that be everyone's rights except for the rights of the property owners to manage their business, their property, and their labor and their right to free association unmandated by the government?



    >>>>

  3. #193
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    discrimination laws, are not written for criminal acts, or health and safety acts which could threaten the population, or property...which is the only reason state governments should make laws on the people......federal government, no authority in any way.

    discrimination laws are created by government, to force people to obey in a moral fashion towards other people in the business world,............... and towards governments to make (them) treat everyone equal.

    when government applies discrimination laws on the people, its unconstitutional, because the government has no moral authority to force a citizen to serve another citizen, because they deemed it so..

    every citizen has (1)right to property and (2) right to association.......these are rights per the constitution, and government cannot take them away from you because you enter into the business world.

    by discrimination laws, government is forcing people to associate with people they may not choose to do so if these laws were not created....government is also controlling a citizens property.

    government is setting itself up as a moral legislative authority and telling people how to behave, when though a citizen's behavior does not violate anyone's rights [crimes], or endanger the health and safety or property of anyone[regulations].

    government has no moral authority because it is composed of people, and those government officials have no authority to impose their social values on .......free citizens who have those 2 rights.
    Last edited by Master PO; 02-11-14 at 10:18 AM.

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,818

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    discrimination laws, are not written for criminal acts, or health and safety acts which could threaten the population, or property...which is the only reason state governments should make laws on the people......federal government, no authority in any way.

    discrimination laws are created by government, to force people to obey in a moral fashion towards other people in the business world,............... and towards governments to make (them) treat everyone equal.

    when government applies discrimination laws on the people, its unconstitutional, because the government has no moral authority to force a citizen to serve another citizen, because they deemed it so..

    every citizen has (1)right to property and (2) right to association.......these are rights per the constitution, and government cannot take them away from you because you enter into the business world.

    by discrimination laws, government is forcing people to associate with people they may not choose to do so if these laws were not created....government is also controlling a citizens property.

    government is setting itself up as a moral legislative authority and telling people how to behave, when though a citizen's behavior does not violate anyone's rights [crimes], or endanger the health and safety or property of anyone[regulations].

    government has no moral authority because it is composed of people, and those government officials have no authority to impose their social values on .......free citizens who have those 2 rights.
    So Her Barkmann, you want the ability to discriminate against anyone for any reason even if those reasons are bigoted and prejudiced? Is that correct?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #195
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It's actually pretty simple-Non-discrimination laws have to be written so that they don't cause new problems.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    I don't think that is simple. You would probably give yourself the right to hire who you want, often based on hard to explain feelings about the person. You trust yourself to not discriminate. But every decision about another person is based on your discriminating tastes. Height, weight, geographic region, college, type of humor, whatever

  6. #196
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    I don't think that is simple.
    You would probably give yourself the right to hire who you want, often based on hard to explain feelings about the person.
    You trust yourself to not discriminate. But every decision about another person is based on your discriminating tastes. Height, weight, geographic region, college, type of humor, whatever



    Who gets hired isn't a problem, it's who doesn't get hired that causes problems.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)you have a factual example of when race isnt protected under AA/EO? intriguing plese present it
    2.) correct because that "benefit" has to come in the form of discrimination first.

    say for example only women were discriminated against then women would receive all the "benefit" cant change that fact and intellectual honesty

    currently white males benefit more than anybody

    3.) nope im sticking to facts as i just proved and you are trying to create a straw man based on false negatives and they just got proved wrong.

    you statement is true "functionally not everyone has seen the same "benefit" from these "non-discrimination" laws" and NOT a negative

    and the fact remains AA/EEO protects us all from discrimination
    In fact the exercise of some of these "non-discriminatory" laws infringe upon the rights of others.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #198
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Please provide a court case. I will enjoy ripping it apart for the nonsense it is.
    its cute that you think your opinion trumps law, rights, facts and the 100s of court cases.
    It doesnt lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #199
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    So this is still another poll asking people if they support gay rights, correct?
    no in the OP it specifically says its about the current and national ones and im looking for polls on general rights but the recent examples seem to involve ENDA
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #200
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In fact the exercise of some of these "non-discriminatory" laws infringe upon the rights of others.
    good move moving the goal post back pedalling and reframing lol

    by opinio/philosophy not by law

    if you come running at me with a knife saying your gonna kill me and and i shoot you I infringed on your rights too
    meaningless
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •