View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #181
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    The OP states a lot of things that don't make sense.

    The poll is poor, it only makes sense if you agree that you have a right to make a business give you custom or a right to be employed somewhere.

    If you don't agree with that premise in the first place, then you can't vote on it without ignoring part of the question ("that protect our rights?").

    If you DO agree with the premise, that these things ARE rights, then logically you would have to vote yes, as governments are supposed to protect rights, and they do this with laws.
    government is here to secure rights of the people recognized by the constitution.

    government does dispense privileges ......concerning government.

    what government is doing with anti-discrimination laws is saying"....."we government are granting you privileges on other people's property"

    of coarse anyone who believes in constitutional law knows, no citizen has a exercisable right on another persons property.......government is just creating privledges, where they have no authority to do so.

  2. #182
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Well cool I learned something today. Thanks.
    you're welcome

    I would imagine thats a very tough thing, knowing they are breaking the law
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you're welcome

    I would imagine thats a very tough thing, knowing they are breaking the law
    I kind of see the point of what they're doing, though. I'm in a very male-dominated industry (oil and mining), the board wants to diversify. I think they mean well honestly.

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I kind of see the point of what they're doing, though. I'm in a very male-dominated industry (oil and mining), the board wants to diversify. I think they mean well honestly.
    and this is the dilemma that people go through that happens everywhere and makes it so tough when people break the law

    on on hand it seems like they are tryign to do the right thing, but it the hand stopped feeding you, you might" change that opinion or your buddy who just had a baby abd got a new truck


    OR

    maybe it allows them to hire your Daugter, wife, niece etc and now you are sorta ok with it again or even think its great


    this is what the reality is

    what your company is doing if factually not AA/EEO but like you said at this time you feel they mean well what to do?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope its factual see post 164

    AA/EEO covers ALL of us
    Actually, White isn't a protected class, neither is Asian under many circumstances.

    Factual statement; functionally not everyone has seen the same "benefit" from these "non-discrimination" laws. You merely dismiss the reality for the pleasure of theory because of the actual implementation.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #186
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)Actually, White isn't a protected class, neither is Asian under many circumstances.
    2.)Factual statement; functionally not everyone has seen the same "benefit" from these "non-discrimination" laws.
    3.) You merely dismiss the reality for the pleasure of theory because of the actual implementation.
    1.)you have a factual example of when race isnt protected under AA/EO? intriguing plese present it
    2.) correct because that "benefit" has to come in the form of discrimination first.

    say for example only women were discriminated against then women would receive all the "benefit" cant change that fact and intellectual honesty

    currently white males benefit more than anybody

    3.) nope im sticking to facts as i just proved and you are trying to create a straw man based on false negatives and they just got proved wrong.

    you statement is true "functionally not everyone has seen the same "benefit" from these "non-discrimination" laws" and NOT a negative

    and the fact remains AA/EEO protects us all from discrimination
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #187
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I absolutely support non-discrimination laws which protect every human being's right to be treated fairly.

    Anyone who thinks (Wishes, hopes, dreams.) that the haters will ever win in the USA will be disappointed.

    Anyone who is opposed to equal rights for all will be disappointed, because the majority of Americans are opposed to hate-based ideas.

    Don't take my word for this, just wait and see.
    I agree with everything you wrote except for your conclusion. Why do we need non-discrimination laws when the haters will be reduced to the dustbin of history anyway.
    I would hope that you understand that there is a political advantage in being one of the favored groups in equal opportunity laws. For example, white people are normally all lumped together despite the long historic discrimination against whites from Germany, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Russia, Roma, etc. People from these backgrounds would be laughed out of the room since there are so many whites in the organization. I suspect that Nigerians, "native" African-Americans, and assorted others "blacks" get lumped in together despite differing historical prejudices. Hawaiians are probably treated differently than Fijians or Samoans yet it is hard to prove when the organization already has several pacific islanders of the Hawaiian variety.
    Not sure how you can legislate this stuff without empowering some over others and creating a new set of grievances.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    will someone please look up the court cases and what they were based on when somebody was discriminated against for say . . . . race?
    Please provide a court case. I will enjoy ripping it apart for the nonsense it is.

  9. #189
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    So this is still another poll asking people if they support gay rights, correct?

  10. #190
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    I agree with everything you wrote except for your conclusion. Why do we need non-discrimination laws when the haters will be reduced to the dustbin of history anyway.
    I would hope that you understand that there is a political advantage in being one of the favored groups in equal opportunity laws. For example, white people are normally all lumped together despite the long historic discrimination against whites from Germany, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Russia, Roma, etc. People from these backgrounds would be laughed out of the room since there are so many whites in the organization. I suspect that Nigerians, "native" African-Americans, and assorted others "blacks" get lumped in together despite differing historical prejudices. Hawaiians are probably treated differently than Fijians or Samoans yet it is hard to prove when the organization already has several pacific islanders of the Hawaiian variety.
    Not sure how you can legislate this stuff without empowering some over others and creating a new set of grievances.



    It's actually pretty simple-Non-discrimination laws have to be written so that they don't cause new problems.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •