View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #141
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    YOU created this THREAD!

    you should be the one to know then what rights are protected by non discrimination laws, without posting a link......yet you cannot name any by giving me list of even a few .
    already done
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1062905209
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #142
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post

    still no list, just a link.

    your thread fails, because you cannot even name your rights protected in your OP you claim.

    FAIL!

    read you own link and provide a list of rights

  3. #143
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    still no list, just a link.

    your thread fails, because you cannot even name your rights protected in your OP you claim.

    FAIL!

    read you own link and provide a list of rights
    already done see post #137, if you think you can make me do extra , like your posts that will fail lol
    facts prove your post wrong again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #144
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    already done see post #137, if you think you can make me do extra , like your posts that will fail lol
    facts prove your post wrong again
    provide a list of rights......read your own link and list them!

  5. #145
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    provide a list of rights......read your own link and list them!
    137 . . . done
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #146
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    137 . . . done
    still no list, and you cant even provide a list from you own link.......poor!...very poor.....your OP FAILS.

  7. #147
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    still no list, and you cant even provide a list from you own link.......poor!...very poor.....your OP FAILS.
    facts, laws and rights already prove the op correct its impossible for it to fail and your OPINION has not impact on that

    here they are again, facts win
    Let me google that for you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #148
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by agent j View Post
    facts, laws and rights already prove the op correct its impossible for it to fail and your opinion has not impact on that

    here they are again, facts win
    let me google that for you

    still no list from you.

    Since you are supposed to know your own link, you should know rights, and be able to list them........fail!

  9. #149
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    To a degree. I don't like it to the point where it essentially makes protected classes of people that are "more equal" than others. Your rights are your rights, the laws should merely clarify things, not create new rights or new protected groups that are't specifically mentioned in the Constitution.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #150
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Currently these laws protect our equal rights against illegal discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or age on a national level
    on many state, county and most major city levels it also protects sexual orientation

    Couldnt find a poll about these laws in general, most seem to focus on sexual orientation and the ENDA Bill because those are recent hot topics.

    Polling shows that about 73% approve of these laws and the addition of sexual orientation


    https://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/poll-record-percentage-of-americans-support-non-discrimination-laws

    "
    According to a poll conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute, roughly three-quarters of Americans, 73 percent, favor laws that would protect gay and lesbian people from employment discrimination, versus the 22 percent who are opposed.On the religious spectrum, a majority of every major religious group favor employment discrimination protections for gay and lesbian people, including white evangelical Protestants (59%), minority Protestants (61%), white mainline Protestants (75%), Catholics (76%), and religiously unaffiliated Americans (84%).This news comes as Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee Chairman Tom Harkin prepares to move forward with consideration of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) in Congress. The bill would prohibit workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity across the country.

    Fairness and equal treatment under the law are foundational American values and it is not surprising that majority of Republicans, independents, and Democrats favor this policy. Eight-in-ten Democrats (80%), three-quarters (75%) of independents, and 6-in-10 (60%) Republicans favor laws that would protect gay and lesbian people against job discrimination"

    more proof the majority support equal rights/equality and even the majority of religious people which i often point out when people unfairly group them together and say they dont.

    other polls, i'll look for more that is an in general poll
    http://images.politico.com/global/20...natl_memo.html
    Polling Shows Strong Support for ENDA | Freedom to Work

    So its a simple question

    Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    yes
    no
    other: explain
    I don't support any AA law. Yes, people have a right to be gay if they want. However people also have a right to associate with who they want. Having a buisness does not take that right away from you. Should there be a law that makes a person have at least one gay friend? One black friend? One white friend? One Christian? One Muslim? If the answer to those questions is "no" then why the heck should you be forced to hire any of them? There is no right to a job. If there was then we wouldn't have millions of people on welfare who only have it because they can't find a job.

    It is also quite obvious...at least to me....that AA laws have caused far more hard feelings and hatred than they have helped what it was supposedly made to fix.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •