View Poll Results: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 61.76%
  • No

    12 17.65%
  • Other

    14 20.59%
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 485

Thread: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights? [W:85]

  1. #121
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Which part of it was opinion? The part where I said that court rulings are just opinions or the part about legislators?
    all of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The premise of the thread is of course wrong. There is nothing about non-discrimination laws that protect rights.
    all your opinion and all wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #122
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    That is exactly what makes these anti discrimination laws so difficult to actually enforce. I was a foreman once for an outfit and I hired a black kid. The owner saw him and said " I ain't havin no nigger work for me, you hired him you fire him". I told the kid the situation and made it clear he could sue the guy but he never did. I would have testified too.
    At least the kid knew what the deal was and didn't have to wonder.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    all of it



    all your opinion and all wrong
    So how many posts do I have to wait for you to say anything more than "you're wrong and I'm right"? I'm just getting a bit tired of waiting is all.

  4. #124
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)So how many posts do I have to wait for you to say anything more than "you're wrong and I'm right"?
    2.)I'm just getting a bit tired of waiting is all.
    1.)youll be waiting forever cause nothing else is need said until you an defend your proven wrong claims with facts and not opinions, until then facts and current, law and rights prove you wrong
    2.) well the solution and problem are one in the same its your posts

    Your waiting will be over as soon as you can prove post #50 to be factually true, until then each deflection and reframing post you make will continue to fail. Instead of making yourself tired just bring forth these facts you speak of.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #125
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Correct.

    And the U.S. Government and the American people's right to make you pay a heavy price for that discrimination.
    Where we disagree is that the government has some 'right' to make me pay for my discrimination. The truth is, it is the governments obligation to defend my rights. Among those is the right to decide who I will and will not freely associate with--discriminate. It is the job of the public or those individuals who find certain forms of discrimination to punish discrimination by discriminating themselves--by not associating or doing business whith those they find objectionable. The problem here is that you have a massive double standard that you haven't recognized.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    This is going to take a "ton of explaining" !
    Do you feel that it is OK for some to ignore a law if they disagree with it ?
    I expect people to fight unjust law. Whether or not ignoring a given law is the right thing to do or not is situational and depends upon the individual.
    By and large , "goodness" MUST trump "badness" .
    Goodness can be defined by eating healthy foods, regular exercise, a good work ethic, even going to church regularly. Is it your contention that those sorts of "good" things must be accomplished through state force? I hope not. I could easily argue that the overarching good is to allow free people to follow their own free will and not be subject to the arbitrary rule of state power. The truth is, under either scenario, people will do bad things. But under only one do you retain your rightful liberty.

  7. #127
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    good thing I never said that there is proof that all people should be treated equally
    Above you wrote: <<<AGain if you disagree simply prove all the laws and rights and court cases false with any FACTS you have. Not opinions and philosophies>>>

    What I am trying to explain to you is that those "laws and rights and court cases" that you apparently think are based on 'fact" are actually based on "opinions and philosophies". So to argue against them one need to use "opinions and philosophies".


    Seriously, brush up on your basic logic

  8. #128
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Above you wrote: <<<AGain if you disagree simply prove all the laws and rights and court cases false with any FACTS you have. Not opinions and philosophies>>>

    What I am trying to explain to you is that those "laws and rights and court cases" that you apparently think are based on 'fact" are actually based on "opinions and philosophies". So to argue against them one need to use "opinions and philosophies".


    Seriously, brush up on your basic logic
    no need what you are trying to make my statement into and what it actually means are different things. ONce again your assumptions fail and make your post wrong, your mistake
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #129
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    will some please list the rights, which are being protected by non -discrimination laws?

  10. #130
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Do you support non-discrimination laws that protect our rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    will some please list the rights, which are being protected by non -discrimination laws?
    will someone please look up the court cases and what they were based on when somebody was discriminated against for say . . . . race?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •